Lt. Commander
# 31
07-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Really need to do something about all the back-end calls to ads that happens when you load every page in the wiki. It is horrendous and they tend to freeze up and time out. I've never seen a legitimate web site call so many ad addresses.

It's so bad, that some tend to freeze up my browser (Chrome) during the loading process for a few seconds. As well, it does this on my iPod Touch too (Mercury browser), where the pages will stay in a constant state of loading.

I understand that the ads pay for the sites hosting, the sheer number of calls to a plethora of various ad web sites has gone beyond acceptable to me, to the point that I almost would like to know the revenue made on this "Community" site by the owners and am close to making a formal request, just for curiosity's sake. I hope you find a way to remedy this because the site is a wealth of information but seriously, something needs to be done to reduce the amount of hidden ad calls being performed without the general users' knowledge.

Thank you for your time.

[ Raptr ] [ @zebular | Join Date: Dec 2007 | @Captain_Ralubez ] [ BIOs ]

Last edited by zebular; 07-30-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Career Officer
# 32
07-30-2012, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
You are aware that those Archived Posts posts are from the old forums, right? It's just a catch all account.

For all we know it was an employee who made that post. Which every one you;re looking at,
You seriously need a sense of humor...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Captain
# 33
07-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
You seriously need a sense of humor...
Sorry I missed your or a j/k or something along those lines. Basic netiquette.

Also considering many of the users who post here can't comprehend the use of the recent posts feature or the search function, I took your post at face value. If you have a problem with that, well I guess I;m justified in my "giving answers here offends people" disclaimers.

Thanks by the way for the personal attack. I'd report you but we all know that's just a waste of time. Maybe some day we'll get some real moderators here in the forums. I'm not holding my breath.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Ensign
# 34
07-30-2012, 03:57 PM
I can't load STO Wiki recently. It's offline for a week or something. Does anyone have the same problem or is it my own connection issues?
Captain
# 35
07-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vongraven View Post
I can't load STO Wiki recently. It's offline for a week or something. Does anyone have the same problem or is it my own connection issues?
It loads fine for me, so it's probably your internet connection.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Ensign
# 36
08-12-2012, 02:52 AM
Being a new player I've found the Wiki very helpful. There's tons of information to be found there. All new players should check it out!
Wolfmind: Federation Tactical Captain
U.S.S. Flamecrest

Lieutenant
# 37
11-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Ok, so I am having problems with the STO wiki. On my computer whenever I try to view the WIKI the site is all White backround and white text unlike the Blue and not white text the information is when I go to the wiki on other computers. So what is the problem here? This is a weird glitch I am having.
Captain
# 38
11-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt001 View Post
Ok, so I am having problems with the STO wiki. On my computer whenever I try to view the WIKI the site is all White backround and white text unlike the Blue and not white text the information is when I go to the wiki on other computers. So what is the problem here? This is a weird glitch I am having.
You guys did a pretty good revival.

Anyway, having the same issue here. (white background, white text... picture displacement on the front page...) Just what should I do?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Ensign
# 39
11-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
You guys did a pretty good revival.

Anyway, having the same issue here. (white background, white text... picture displacement on the front page...) Just what should I do?
I saw this issue come up before when testing the new skin, but I thought I had fixed it. Unless I can reproduce it, though, I'll be just taking shots in the dark to try to fix it. What browser version and OS are you using, and do you have Javascript enabled?
Captain
# 40
11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooeyes1 View Post
I saw this issue come up before when testing the new skin, but I thought I had fixed it. Unless I can reproduce it, though, I'll be just taking shots in the dark to try to fix it. What browser version and OS are you using, and do you have Javascript enabled?
I'm using IE8, Windows 7, and I don't know if I have Javascript enabled.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.