Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
The daily fleet action is having the 1440 dilthium removed and replaced with 50 fleet marks

So they listened and added the 50 fleet marks back - should help out small fleets

Quote:
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20121026a.28

General:
The Daily fleet action missions now grant 50 Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium.
These are the daily missions offered by Yanishev on the Fed side, and B'Mera on the KDF side.
Captain
So it looks like the Fleet Action dailies are now going to reward 50 fleet marks instead of 1440 Dilithium, at least if the build on Tribble goes live.

Frankly this sucks. I was fairly defensive of Season 7, but this probably shifts the balance between me participating in the Dilithium economy and not. It just won't be worth it...

There comes a point where the shortness of Dilithium just stops people from caring about it; rather than increasing it's value, it cheapens it.
Career Officer
# 3
11-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Give Officer of the Watch 50 FMs then I'll consider them taking a step in the right direction.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-20-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 4
11-20-2012, 02:24 PM
i hear that in the next tribble patch they are actually taking away 50 dilithium per match.
So it costs 50 dilithium just to enter the queue.
Career Officer
# 5
11-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Sooo...nerfed dili and featured projects requiring 200k dili now ever couple of weeks instead of every 3 weeks. I really want to keep playing this game, but its going to get a lot quieter. So much for the MMO experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
i hear that in the next tribble patch they are actually taking away 50 dilithium per match.
So it costs 50 dilithium just to enter the queue.
Where is my "troll-be-gone"?
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Captain
# 6
11-20-2012, 02:27 PM
I fail to understand why it cannot offer both the 1440 Dilithium AND the 50 fleet marks.

Every type of gameplay needs to offer something of what is required to advance through the grindfest content. If they want to make it take a certain amount of time to complete objectives, then fine. Set timed lockouts on subsequent objectives, set the mark and dilithium costs high enough that it takes about the same amout of time for a lockout to expire before enough of either can be obtained. But if the community must jump through hoops to get anywhere, at least make them all count for something...

Why don't they get it that people are just not playing the game at all over these changes. If they are not playing then they aren't spending money. Not that it really matters. If proffits drop far enough, then they can just sunset the game and let it be a tax write-off. No skin off their noses.

The only ones who will lose in the end are the players.
I'm not really a John Galt,
but I play one on the forums...
Lt. Commander
# 7
11-20-2012, 02:28 PM
...Those gave 1440 Dilithium?

WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS?! *scrambles to go do them all today, and every day, until the patch goes live*
Captain
# 8
11-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirsitsalot View Post
Why don't they get it that people are just not playing the game at all over these changes.
Half my fleet have stopped now. I think it's time to join them.

I was willing to give Cryptic the benefit of the doubt with S7 (just check my post history). I really thought they wanted to get more people engaging with the Dilithium economy... but this is just a *mean* change.

I might still play, infrequently. But I don't think I'll be running any more surveys. Subscription: Cancelled.
Captain
# 9
11-20-2012, 02:41 PM
I know I might get flamed for this - but does anyone really NEED dilthium to play the end game content?

Can't you get all the stuff you need for PvE content with just EC? ie - weapons, ships, doffs, gear, etc
Career Officer
# 10
11-20-2012, 02:45 PM
You need Dili for end game gear and sets from the reputation system and even from the fleet system (which still pisses me off).
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?