Empire Veteran
# 21
11-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
With cheats and multiple commander level boff abilities (thank you, season 7 and your wonderous shuttles), this is very achievable. Just get a couple of tractor beam repulsors, some high level heals, and enemies who can't SNB and you're done.
Yeah... I'm not going to count this as a victory until they remove the voldemort exploit. (No offence, I know people dont want to reveal their powertray layout, but I cant make up my mind due to it being hidden in the picture).

I apologise for doubting that people can beat it, this bug has me suspecting people of doing bad things though.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!

Last edited by bubblygumsworth; 11-20-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
11-20-2012, 12:37 PM
Kirk's protegee? For real do you honestly think Kirk would protegee a klingon? Stay with the plan people Kirk "hates" klings to death
Career Officer
# 23
11-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader2007 View Post
Kirk's protegee? For real do you honestly think Kirk would protegee a klingon? Stay with the plan people Kirk "hates" klings to death

Kirk hated Klingons.

And Klingons respected Kirk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
With cheats and multiple commander level boff abilities (thank you, season 7 and your wonderous shuttles), this is very achievable. Just get a couple of tractor beam repulsors, some high level heals, and enemies who can't SNB and you're done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Yeah... I'm not going to count this as a victory until they remove the voldemort exploit. (No offence, I know people dont want to reveal their powertray layout, but I cant make up my mind due to it being hidden in the picture).

I apologise for doubting that people can beat it, this bug has me suspecting people of doing bad things though.

Sorry, but we been getting to Wave 10 for a long time now, same with our competitors, all without any need for cheats.

I know Silver sometimes recorded the Wave 10 attempts, and didn't ask him if he did this time. But if he did, it will reveal if they cheated or not.

Last edited by azurianstar; 11-20-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Lieutenant
# 24
11-20-2012, 12:56 PM
Circumstances are indeed unfavorable atm with the existing bugs and past foundry bugs, and tends to throw our efforts into a trivial state. I know some players will whine about it and call us cheaters, just bcs the trend points that way.

Non the less, we are working on the NWS for more than 3 months.
We have done our homework and we have an extensive documentation on everything that each wave throws @ us.

Up until wave 10 everything is clear to us, and we can get there on both sides in a way for most would look like a walk in the park. We did alot of practice and only documenting wave 10 to the pixel took us more than a month.

We beat it on KDF side, not bcs of some bug, this was a team effort, coordination, months of trial and error, and ofc luck. Also bcs KDF has a special item that feds don't have, improved our chances of success.

We still have to achieve it on FED side, after which we will disclose to the public our full documentation... but until then, we want to be the 1st to beat it on FED side too.

Thank you to all that appreciated our efforts, and to the trolls, for making us popular
Empire Veteran
# 25
11-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Sorry, but we been getting to Wave 10 for a long time now, same with our competitors, all without any need for cheats.

I know Silver sometimes recorded the Wave 10 attempts, and didn't ask him if he did this time. But if he did, it will reveal if they cheated or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikt1 View Post
Circumstances are indeed unfavorable atm with the existing bugs and past foundry bugs, and tends to throw our efforts into a trivial state. I know some players will whine about it and call us cheaters, just bcs the trend points that way.

Non the less, we are working on the NWS for more than 3 months.
We have done our homework and we have an extensive documentation on everything that each wave throws @ us.

Up until wave 10 everything is clear to us, and we can get there on both sides in a way for most would look like a walk in the park. We did alot of practice and only documenting wave 10 to the pixel took us more than a month.

We beat it on KDF side, not bcs of some bug, this was a team effort, coordination, months of trial and error, and ofc luck. Also bcs KDF has a special item that feds don't have, improved our chances of success.

We still have to achieve it on FED side, after which we will disclose to the public our full documentation... but until then, we want to be the 1st to beat it on FED side too.

Thank you to all that appreciated our efforts, and to the trolls, for making us popular
Like I said before, no offence to you guys. Either way congrats, it would be cool if the first group of people who beat NWS got a front page mention on the STO website
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Career Officer
# 26
11-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Considering we were close to beating 10 on kdf well before season 7 hit holodeck it was only a matter of time before we beat it regardless of what season 7 had planned although we were looking at the new consoles and elite weapons and figuring out how they'd help us.

The biggest problem was the bioneurals killing us and sometimes lack of dps coming out of wave 10 but we came up with an ingenious way of dealing with them and it was a matter of practise, practise, practise removing any chance of slipping up. In this case we did it but that's not any indictation we'll beat it consistently every time.

It's to be expected when we did beat it people would jump to exploits and cheats so it's no surprise but actually when we do publish our methods you'll find that actually nws is beatable without the use of exploits.

Sadly I've lost the fraps showing our attempt because I saved the wrong file (and I've tried several recovery softwares none of which could save such a massive file). I'll be sure to fraps other runs and all going well we can show proof that nws is beatable without exploits. The other option is to wait until Cryptic fix all benefitical bugs and then roll again.
Career Officer
# 27
11-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Lets try it on Fed this time, without pay2win consoles, and wait until they fix the voldemort exploit,

Thats a real win. Unless this exploit is gone and pay2win is used, i dont see it as a win, sorry.

A no pay2win console team made fed to wave 10 couple of times, a full team of bots without using p2w consoles got to mid wave 9.

Last edited by marctraiderz; 11-20-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Career Officer
# 28
11-20-2012, 01:44 PM
As for not showing my powertray, even if I did people will say 'oh you must have hidden the extra boffs on another row so I cannot prove our innocence or of anyone else on the team. If we had such a n epic exploit we'd have rocked the fed side in quick succession and I'm sure others would be all over nws like they were with SB24. Rest assured we have legit ways that I could argue achieve the same effect as this boff 'exploit' everyone seems to be talking about and this will be covered in our walkthrough.
Captain
# 29
11-20-2012, 01:50 PM
The team I was with had reached 10 Fedside without any "Pay2Win consoles" (not really sure what qualifies here, but from what we could tell the overwhelming majority of toy consoles were mediocre to detrimental anyway). In fact the talk I last heard was that everyone was going to push over Klinkside for the slight advantage and wrap things up.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
# 30
11-20-2012, 02:38 PM
/genuflects Kirk's Protege's

Congratulations on your team effort. And thanks for sharing it.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link