Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
# 21
11-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurialo View Post
because there is no way to have fun making EC, dilithium and marks...
S7 is mainly (or even only) based on the idea that players should repeat a lot lot lot of times the same contents, gain huge amount of fleet mark, romulan mark, omega mark, dilithium and EC, then click a few buttons and waiting 2 days to have some cosmetic features.
It's the cheapest way to make money. This style is the least risky, doesn't require huge overhead or project delays. And it forces forces players to stick around for a long time.

No one should be shocked that this is the future of STO. Almost a year back Dstahl mentioned that they didn't have enough resources to keep the featured episodes rolling, let alone anything else not directly impacting profitability. That moment should have been your first clue that the game would be following this model in the future.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Rihannsu
# 22
11-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Not speaking to the rest of this, but I disagree with the term exploit in reguards to the dilithium from officer reports and B'Tran daily. An exploit is something that is an error and is fixed as soon as it is noticed, and people are told to not use it. No one was told to not use these missions, and if you expect me to believe that the devs didn't know about this, or couldn't change these before a major season update, and let this go for two full seasons, then I am sorry, but the devs are idiots if that is true, and I don't believe the devs are idiots. These issues were not exploits, they were missions that were "working as intended" until Cryptic decided they didn't fit in with the new development direction, which is their right as the developer.
Commander
# 23
11-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
Almost a year back Dstahl mentioned that they didn't have enough resources to keep the featured episodes rolling, let alone anything else not directly impacting profitability.
Since PMs aren't working for me for some reason - would you be so kind and point me toward Stahl's post containing this info?
May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"