Career Officer
# 41
11-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Systems:
  • Omega Reputation Updated:
    • Duration of all T1 and T2 Reputation XP projects has been reduced from 40 hours to 20 hours.
    • Energy Credit cost of all T1 and T2 Reputation XP projects has been reduced to 50% of prior cost.
  • Romulan Reputation Updated:
    • Renamed from "Romulan Star Empire" to "New Romulus"
    • Duration of all T1 and T2 Reputation XP projects has been reduced from 40 hours to 20 hours.
    • Energy Credit cost of all T1 and T2 Reputation XP projects has been reduced to 50% of prior cost.
With all due respect this is not enough. Most of us will have completed Tier 2 by the time the build goes to Holodeck. The timers need to be adjusted for all tiers and not only 1-2. Please adjust all Tiers.
Career Officer
# 42
I don't know whether it'll be in this patch, or the next one, but when the time comes, can we please have "Voldemort has been slain" in the official notes? I think everyone knows what I'm talking about, and I'd love to see that in the notes.

Any updates on private queues? I don't care if we have to use /queue_startgame like on Tribble, but the lack of private STF / PvP queues has been rather noticeable.
12th Fleet | Sad Pandas | Starfleet M.A.C.O.
Lt. Commander
# 43
The Rep XP Project hours are reduced...

What about the hours for the 'Store' items and Consumables, will they still be 40 hours long???
Captain
# 44
11-20-2012, 02:23 PM
And what about actual BUGFIXES? Or are they not in this weeks patch? Every season, you add new bugs, and rarely get around to fixing them.
Captain
# 45
11-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Can we please get a cross-faction space fleet action. It's a major pain in the ass to get the one to pop for the Klingon side, and half the time it's bugged when it does pop.

Right now I'm having to farm fleet actions w/ my Fed to get drops, it's a bit ridiculous.
Ensign
# 46
11-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Another source of dilitium removed and no serious bugs solved? Are you kidding me?
You want from us play more fleet actions but still have not fix bug that throws players after 10 seconds and to do is to remove dilitium from dailys?
Maybe we need to stop playing this game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 47
11-20-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Your argument/logic is flawed, since it's based on the current Holodeck build. Once this Tribble build goes live, and the Daily reward is removed, THEN you can use your argument to counter mine. Until then, I stick by my convictions, in suggesting that Fleet Actions will become an even greater wasteland than it currently is.

By your own numbers;

5 Starbase 24's = 5 x 20 players = 100 players
3 Gorn Minefields = 3 x 20 players = 60 players
1 Breaking the Planet with 16/20 people
2 Klingon Scout Force = 2 x 20 players = 40 players
1 Big Dig with 5/20 people

What happened to all those "Big numbers" of F2P players, Cryptic? By my count, this list above shows fewer than 250 people either in a Fleet Action, or queued for one. Granted, it's no longer the "best" source for Dilithium, but still.
The logic is not flawed, because out of those people, 116 were doing fleet actions that NEVER have a daily attached to them, and are doing so only for the native rewards, WHICH ARE NOT BEING CHANGED.

An additional 100 are doing fleet actions which have a daily attached, but which is not today's. While conceivably some of them are doing holdover dailies, it's unlikely that consistently over an entire day, half of the Fleet Action participants are doing so.

5 were doing the daily. That instance filled shortly after I posted, but so did Breaking the Planet, which NEVER has a daily attached.

In other words, the segment of that data set that would be affected by this patch was a ROUNDING ERROR, and even in a giggle-worthy fringe case scenario less than half could possibly be.

Just to do a second data set: Right now, the game is up to 14 concurrent fleet actions as we head into busier hours, only 4 of which are ever eligible for a daily and ZERO of which are today's daily. Meaning well over 200 people are participating in fleet actions as I type, and not a single one is doing today's daily, and less than a third could theoretically be doing a leftover daily. They are doing them for the native rewards, which are not being changed, meaning what's happen right this second would not be in any way affected by this patch.

Last edited by hevach; 11-20-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Captain
# 48
11-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Cryptic keeps telling us, that Dilithium is a time-based currency.

So where's my bonus Dilithium Cryptic? Seeing as i've already spent a good portion of 40h projects getting to Tier 1 on Omega and Romulus. If it's being reduced by half, should I not get some Dilithium compensation? I spent time, which apparently was wasted.
I feel you're confused. The waiting for a project completing isn't the same as you playing the game. Dilithium was always meant to be for game play
Captain
# 49
11-20-2012, 02:52 PM
I rarely even do FAs, and am lucky if I combine it with the corresponding daily when I DO decide to do them, but... this is not helping. Not helping at all.

I agree with the other posts - you're basically giving the same rewards as for the officer reports daily, except not nearly as frequently (I see a new daily what, once a week?) and with a lot more luck involved (queues for fleet actions are SO unpredictable)
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.
And I don't pretend to understand them.
Captain
# 50
11-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
I feel you're confused. The waiting for a project completing isn't the same as you playing the game. Dilithium was always meant to be for game play
And what makes you assume that I wasn't actively logged into the game for much of the time spent "waiting" ?

But sure, i'll play your game... If Dilithium is only awarded for time-based activities (time spent ACTIVELY playing), why do any content that doesn't require active gametime, have any requirement for Dilithium? DOff assignments such as the "General Recruitment", Store Projects in the new Reputation Grind... err System. These things are set-and-forget and take many hours to complete. Hours "likely" not spent in the game.

And thou I seek a dev response, I know this will fall on deaf ears... Why have "Store Projects" at all? Why don't I "unlock" access to buying the gear immediately from the store? Why must I spend 40 hours per project, to get "awarded" an item, rather than buying it right now?

I asked Mr BranFlakes over Twitter, but didn't get any clear response to it...

If Dilithium is a time-based currency, why hasn't Cryptic added Dilithium to every scrap of content that requires a certain amount of time? I can run a 5-man STF that takes 15 min, and get 960 Dilithium. But if I run one of Cryptic's "Episodes" that sometimes can take 30-45 min to complete, I get 0 Dilithium. Make sense?