Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Career Officer
# 11
11-20-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
I know I might get flamed for this - but does anyone really NEED dilthium to play the end game content?

Can't you get all the stuff you need for PvE content with just EC? ie - weapons, ships, doffs, gear, etc
If you're content with running a handout ship with Mk XI blues and greens and crew full of common and uncommon Doffs then yes.

If you want more than that then no. And if players were happy with just that then Cryptic would quickly assign Dilithium costs to all that too since if you're not participating in the Dilithium economy then you're not making them any money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trhrangerxml View Post
You need Dili for end game gear and sets from the reputation system and even from the fleet system (which still pisses me off).
This too.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Ensign
# 12
11-20-2012, 01:47 PM
they also removed all of the dilithium gain from my most favorite mission on the kdf - the pi canis missions,so now they are forcing me to do boring dilithium mining ASWELL as doing pi canis so i can lvl up easier.
Rihannsu
# 13
11-20-2012, 01:48 PM
been telling the KDF to shhhh on the contraband talk they will be nex and they thot i was playing around
the age of launcher... is over...!! the time of the ARC has come!!!!!!!!!
One ARC to rule them all, One ARC to find them,
One ARC to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!
actual joining date = no one cares!!!!
Career Officer
# 14
11-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
I know I might get flamed for this - but does anyone really NEED dilthium to play the end game content?

Can't you get all the stuff you need for PvE content with just EC? ie - weapons, ships, doffs, gear, etc

Dilithium is the only way to obtain most desirable hardware in the game. The market place requires someone to provide it with items to sell. Crafting takes Dilithium, items are purchased from the Dilithium store with it, etc. The only way to supply the market with items not obtained with dilithium is loot drops, the stats are inconsistent and the items will be rare.
R. Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Career Officer
# 15
11-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozforce View Post
they also removed all of the dilithium gain from my most favorite mission on the kdf - the pi canis missions,so now they are forcing me to do boring dilithium mining ASWELL as doing pi canis so i can lvl up easier.
So the big KDF Dilithium nerf has begun then?
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Wow, Season 7 just keeps getting worse.

*slow clap*

I used to be able to play STO, but then Season 7 happened. | Join Date: Dec 2009
1000 Paper Cuts for Star Trek Online

Last edited by robertcrayven; 11-20-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Captain
# 17
11-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Give Officer of the Watch 50 FMs then I'll consider them taking a step in the right direction.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
I agree, it makes far more sense to boost that pathetic 5 marks event to something more substantial. Better this than taking away yet another source of Dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 18
11-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Wait can someone explain why this is a problem? So in a daily you got 1440 dilithium for doing a fleet action in the past. In Season 7 you get dilithium for each run of a fleet action, meaning that you can do them all day and make more than 1440 dilithium in a day and now you get 50 fleet marks a day instead which is really what is needed right now for fleets.

It seems perfectly fine to me, the system changed that's all and infact you are getting a better deal now.
http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
Career Officer
# 19
11-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:

So.... I bought all my fleet gear once.... it was easy... been rolling in 300k dl since the emblem change... Its not like you have to pay a reoccurring fee. Be frugal with your DL. I also do not donate.... yeah thats the right word, "DONATE" dl to the star base for pojects unless I have over 300k

I also get my Mark XII consoles by selling Doff packs bought for Zen on the exchange.... Some of you are so DL hungry... not sure why as I rarely spend it and could whoop the $^*! out of all of you in pretty much anything dps related.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 11-20-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Career Officer
# 20
11-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas12255 View Post
It seems perfectly fine to me, the system changed that's all and infact you are getting a better deal now.
A better deal than a 30-second clickie that awarded 1440 Dilithium and 50 Fleet Marks?