Commander
# 1 Mutli-drive problem
11-20-2012, 03:41 PM
I have 2 drives on my computer, a 120 SSD that has my windows files and select games and a 1T HHD that holds most of the bigger games. Included in the bigger games is STO.

I orginally installed the game on the C drive and then decided that it would work better on the E drive. I copy and pasted the Cryptic folder over and have all the files there. For some reason, everytime I start the launcher (located in the E drive) it starts the 9gig patch to put all of the files on the C drive.

Anyone know how to tell it to stop trying to install the game on the C drive and go with the files on the E drive instead?
Career Officer
# 2
11-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Just a thought but you are sure your not just using a shortcut pointing to C rather than clicking the executable directly?

Also the folder size for STO is currently 14.7GB so its not a full download so have you recently changed options and told it to disable on-demand patching?
Captain
# 3
11-20-2012, 03:59 PM
If I had to guess (windows) you'll need to open the registry and find STO's entry and edit the default drive letter.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-20-2012, 04:01 PM
1st sry for mi english

honestly dont remember if is one option for this on the instaler BUT u can cut and move the STO folder to any disc after full instaled and usit normaly.

actuali i had copy mi current STO folder from other PC to this one and i play without any problem u only need made a shortcut to :
"{Drive}:\{your big games folder}\Star trek online\Star Trek Online.exe"

and u ready to go hope this help bro. Also i never have a problem updating the game.
Commander
# 5
11-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
If I had to guess (windows) you'll need to open the registry and find STO's entry and edit the default drive letter.
Thanks! That did the trick, I can't beleive that I hadn't thought about going into the registry to make sure.