Career Officer
# 31
11-20-2012, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If I'm not mistaken, all the Featured projects for the Embassy were completed several weeks ago, if not longer. These were already developed and will come out every-other week until they go into "re-runs" for fleets that didn't have a chance/ want to do a project the first time around. The team is working on the issues you described and will continue to do so, even while developing new content.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Which goes to show the Cryptic team have their priorities in the wrong order! FIx things before putting resources into new broken things!
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
11-20-2012, 02:16 PM
So complete everything several months in advance, then release it piece by piece for 200,000 dilithium a pop. Ouch.

Pretty sure our base won't bother with the embassy featured projects, or at least that's the case I'll make to our leader
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
11-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacebreeder View Post
dont care fr re-runs u cant make dill due poop s7 and changes NO MORE DILL SINK HOLES

unless u drop the cost of them or pick a different curentce u have too much on dill sink holes and not giving enough out u killed stf's with the changes sorry u can poke it

my hole fleet of 300 poeple are NOT doing the embassy due to the fsb costing too much dill as is u realy trying hard to kill this game u turnd it to a 9-5 job and very boring allmost to the point of not playing anymore

and dont mind lock boxes i just trash them along with all the other junk from this game
Sorry, didn't catch that...Universal Translator must be malfunctioning again.

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clannmac View Post
Sorry, didn't catch that...Universal Translator must be malfunctioning again.
It says that you are an ass. Capice ?
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
11-20-2012, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesolc View Post
It says that you are an ass. Capice ?
Yes indeed....sorry about that. Left the screen up and went to check the mail, and my kid (English major, go figure) decided she'd make commentary. So, whoever wrote the post, many apologies if you were offended.

Of course, it is kind of funny I suppose, because I don't know what the poster is saying exactly - hard to read. But, if you are saying: "too much for too little," I agree with you!

Fleet Commander
Caprica's Revenge
(...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
Empire Veteran
# 36
11-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by purvee1 View Post
Its crippling ours. We started off at 100 people, and where slowly growing, and I put allot of stuff into that starbase. I know there's a few otehrs who put jsut as much. but Our fleet leader has been bankrupting all his toons to try and keep the Dil supply up, and he's getting pissed. We've lost a few others as well. I would not claim that 100 Members is a small fleet.

I checked all our starbase upgrades today, each and every one needs 200K Dil. So that's 1mill dil needed to advance, and thats not even looking at the Embassay.

I have 400 fleet marks sitting there, there's several other fleet members in the same boat. Never going to be able to buy anything with it, as we can't afford to upgrade the damn starbase due to the unobtainable ammount of Dil needed.

And that's on the Klingon side! So I hate to think what the poor feds are suffering.

The irony is I was looking at buying some Zen the other day but this (and the KDF thing) put me off. So I'm hording my miniscule ammount of Dil to buy Zen instead, which adds to the drain...
Then join my fed fleet, we always have tons of dil but no fleetmarks to fill the insane requirements. I feel like a zombie farming stupid content again and again; i'd just buy progresses for dil if i was able to. We're not a big fleet but we're organized, so the main issue isn't dil but fleetmarks. Most of us are old stf-ers sitting on tons of ore anyway...

I'm also in a kdf fleet, it's the same issue, i've never been able to put any dil in any projects, but we always need more fleetmarks. Unfortunately the starbase missions are getting quite old and boring now...
Commander
# 37
11-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Lead Content Designer Scott "Goatshark" Shicoff shares details about the first Embassy Featured Project in this entry of the Season 7 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

the special project looks cool but,
it would be nice every once in a while to have a special project to cost something else other then dilithium.
Ensign
# 38
11-20-2012, 03:55 PM
We are a small fleet as well only 27 active members the dilith dosnt concern us as much..we would like to see the fleet marks in the space events be more productive..for the time spent the returns are weak at best. We all choose the projects we want to undertake..the requirements are listed for upcoming projects..we as a fleet decide what to do and try to do them in a order that best suits the 2 requirements of the fleet...#1 Have fun #2 Advance the fleet as we can
Commander
# 39
11-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artanisen View Post
the special project looks cool but,
it would be nice every once in a while to have a special project to cost something else other then dilithium.
By Fleet marks I meant fleet crdits (IE: things to spend in the starbase on Fleet ships).

And is your fleet Gorn only, dedicated to indipendance of the Gorn Empire?
Captain
# 40
11-20-2012, 03:59 PM
"Nanov are local to the Atali of New Romulus"... shouldn't that be Atlai?

And what happens when one becomes a mother?

Regarding graphics issues: I consistently get the "Failed to render D3D device" error when I start STO. Starting it in safe mode works, however, and I have yet to really have to reinstall or update drivers.