Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Xbox controller
10-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Has any one ever tried to use the xbox controller with the chat pad in the game?

I'm just crurious since that would negate the biggest problem of using a controller.
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
10-17-2012, 10:15 AM
I have used the Xbox controller but I do not own the chat pad add-on to test how that works with the game. I should probably go buy a controller tonight to see what's it like, now that the game is connected to my HDTV.
Ensign
# 3
10-26-2012, 07:11 AM
It is not the buttons on the controller that the problem it just to be able to control the camera and hold the button down on the right analog stick to scroll the mouse around be nice and with just few basic buttons it would save the wrist and stuff.

Game be cool if it had decent xbox control with out searching entire web for avg configues, not hard to play with controller, keyboard and mouse same time if they just set the xbox controller right. Many of the new games that coming out soon are doing it soon. Get handful the console players for more money.

The chat pad will not work it will need to detect a xbox first or you need to illegal mod what i believe this game will not allow.
Career Officer
For those wanting to try an Xbox 360 controller setup (which I agree saves my wrists!), I put a new forum post up detailing the system I've been working on for a couple of years. It includes links to the keybind files as well as PDF guides for the controllers and tray setup.

I don't have a chat pad, though, so don't know if that works.

The new thread is at Xbox 360 Controller Keybinds: Updated for S7