Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 71
11-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
I've already fine tuned all my builds for the best balance of survival and damage output (which has cost me DPS on my escort) I'm afraid I can't do any more for my ships and I still get 1 shotted frequently, as for "derping the NPCs", they've reduced the damage on crits and (with the exception of ISOs) crits only and they have made the DoT more survivable. You can only recover from these things if you have time to do so.
True. You can only heal if you have time to push the button. But remember, you can't have it all. I specced my Oddy for damage. Of this you are fully aware. As a direct result, I sacrificed quite a bit of survivability. But it's a decision I can live with. I can't tank as well as I should, but tbh, I find it more fun that way. I am always seconds from death, and if I screw up even one cycle, I get nova'd. Fine by me, means I have to pay attention and actually have to think and play properly.

They also said that they are scaling back the DPS on all enemies, with the stronger enemies being nerfed more than the weaker ones. But it doesn't change the fact that they are greatly reducing the damage output of the enemies. Which will make npcs a joke again and the wimps will shut up. I cannot condone this, even if I must accept it.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 437
# 72
11-20-2012, 03:37 PM
What's needed is another skill level above elite with a "slight" reward bonus, then everyone can be happy if they want to punish themselves. Not everyone can have top of the line stuff, especially nowadays.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,919
# 73
11-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
True. You can only heal if you have time to push the button. But remember, you can't have it all. I specced my Oddy for damage. Of this you are fully aware. As a direct result, I sacrificed quite a bit of survivability. But it's a decision I can live with. I can't tank as well as I should, but tbh, I find it more fun that way. I am always seconds from death, and if I screw up even one cycle, I get nova'd. Fine by me, means I have to pay attention and actually have to think and play properly.
Yeah, I know I can't have the best of everything, I accepted that when I built my first multi-purpose build but achieving the fine balance between DPS build and tank build that should count for something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
They also said that they are scaling back the DPS on all enemies, with the stronger enemies being nerfed more than the weaker ones. But it doesn't change the fact that they are greatly reducing the damage output of the enemies. Which will make npcs a joke again and the wimps will shut up. I cannot condone this, even if I must accept it.
As for this, the higher damage enemies are going to suffer most if they do it percentage based but all they have said is that they are doing it, they haven't said how much they are doing it, it may not (should not) make NPCs a low powered joke however they should not be so powerful as to make the causal player a joke either. I have a friend who effectively tells me where to stick myself at the very mention of the term "DPS" (even if it isn't me saying it) and in all fairness they have a point, I'm all for harder enemies, by which I mean enemies with abilities and an AI with a sense of self preservation playing by our rules (maybe with a few upgrades in the borg department), that would provide a challenge and would make me happy without getting facerolled.

(Sorry about the long paragraph)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 165
# 74
11-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
snip
No, something more fundamental changed. Didn't use the retro-borg set before either. And the pure numbers of kinetic from un-buffed torps have really skyrocketed.

I'd also like to submit the Borg Shield Neutralizer for investigation. It appears to be back at it's "gone in 4 seconds" mode. If I were to make a wild guess, I'd say power insulators no longer help against it.

This is ofc mostly a problem in combination with the uber-DoT, as they both require Hazards to clear them.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 778
# 75
11-20-2012, 04:15 PM
There is defenitly an invisible death ray/torpedo. Ive exploded many times for no reason. I tend now to sit high above the tac at around 9km firing down only breaking off using evasive when i begin to take fire. . A quick death usually follows being targetted.
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...

Last edited by rustiswordz; 11-20-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 321
# 76
11-20-2012, 05:54 PM
one shotted in a kar'fi (12.2k out) coming in after respawn at a unimatrix in hive stf normal not elite, but normal. by their plasma beam. KHG set. invisible something killed a bort full KHG set in normal hive.

that's gg cryptic, between, the dil, the bugs, even buying boff powers at the trainer kicked out 2 of my boffs and had to fiddle for 30 minutes before i could get them back in their stations, just /double facepalm and gg. subbed since it went f2p, and i see now that was a mistake.
Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 27
# 77
11-20-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Since these DOTs are also magnified by class tables and innate stats, Borg were managing to reliably land very high-magnitude hull DOTs on their targets. Since these ignore shields, we've decided that reducing their overall damage may improve player experience in STF content without significantly diminishing the difficulty and threat of the Borg as a whole.

I'd like to reiterate that the Borgs' ability to deal high-damage DOTs isn't something that recently changed, as far as I can see. It's possible there's been a Software change somewhere that I'm unable to verify, but inquiries into that have yielded no results thus far.
Is it possible that the plasma dot applied by their torps have higher damage than those applied by their energy weapons due to some modifier? I only ask since I see the same as others in my combat log, where the dot is referenced as damage done by 'plasma torpedo' instead of plasma fire, My log. Is this 'Just a display issue' or something more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I suspect that the reason players are seeing more Hull Damage, may actually be attributable to the changes made to the Assimilated Ship set. Many players have chosen to try different equipment sets in light of those alterations, and may have been heavily reliant upon the 2-piece Hull Heal proc, which also cleansed Plasma Fires.
I still use 2 piece borg, not a single piece of my equipment or skills have changed, so that doesn't hold up, and i run pretty high plasma resists in STFs, around 36 before aux to struct / HE and whatever else I put in rotation.

However, even though the damage certainly seems to be higher, I like it. If the extra damage means the average pug will start to reliably throw a hazard or other heal to the guy that's been tanking the gate / cube / 6 sphere group through the entire instance instead of watching them slowly run out of oh **** buttons, then that'd be worth keeping it as is.

Last edited by bitterscot; 11-20-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 778
# 78
11-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterscot View Post
However, even though the damage certainly seems to be higher, I like it. If the extra damage means the average pug will start to reliably throw a hazard or other heal to the guy that's been tanking the gate / cube / 6 sphere group through the entire instance instead of watching them slowly run out of oh **** buttons, then that'd be worth keeping it as is.
Well as long as people realise sometimes we have our hands full like not dying because of incoming fire or weve been cut off and too far away dont get stressy if an engineer cant heal you or the block button may offend...
Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 79
11-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
First, a quick confirmation that Battleship and Dreadnought STF ships should now be incapable of landing Critical Hits. This includes Cubes, Tac Cubes, and their Assimilated Klingon counterparts. A similar change will likely be made to ground-based Captain rank STF Borg, if it hasn't already.
Good news.

1 problem.

T4 Romulan Rep power "Emergency Secondary Healing" will be an option with extremely low value and should be re-evaluated in light of this change. (Currently it looks to have low value in PvE vs. largely low crit chance enemies (most NPCs) with high spike damage, and it looks as if it will be almost ludicrously strong in PvP (due to players hitting and critting more often than NPCs, at mostly lower damage points).



Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
This is why a Borg's Plasma Torpedo may currently hit you for only a couple thousand one second, only to have the next land for tens-of-thousands.
Make that up to hundreds of thousands.




Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I suspect that the reason players are seeing more Hull Damage, may actually be attributable to the changes made to the Assimilated Ship set.
I can confirm that the hull procs are far out of balance at this point, and I still use 2 piece borg set for the hull proc and cleanse on nearly all of my builds because none of the other 2 piece set bonuses really have any value for STFs in comparison.

In general, I find I'm getting hit for 600-700 (per tick) with 2-3 neutroniums, and other hull resistance buffs running (I run a copy of HE and Aux to SIF on nearly all of my builds).

Sometimes, it will randomly spike up to 7000 per tick.

It also seems to have a bizarrely long duration, and I have not once til this point seen the Borg hull proc actually clear the hull plasma fire. I can't confirm if that's true, but right now on live my ship is almost constantly on fire.



Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
3) The version of Isometric Charge used by NPCs is being nerfed.

Both the damage dealt, and the distance at which the power can "jump" between targets, will be reduced.

Great news, thanks for keeping an eye on all of this.


Last edited by ussultimatum; 11-20-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 80
11-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Wow. Seriously? Jesus why don't you just put a bunch of too toos and ballet suits on the npcs now, cuz that's all they're worth. FFS guys, what the hell is wrong with you? You really want weak-@$$ npcs you can just faceroll? Good god you guys are all a bunch of fkin wimps.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:40 PM.