Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,722
# 91
11-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Oh those were happy and FUN times. I can still remember Kharn raging over losing. But most from QEW i miss Tide the most... oh and Goose!
I miss their hijinks with Galaxy-X builds. Vipermist was on a while back in an Arena with his carrier as 'Mender'.


Click here and here if you are interested in learning more about PvP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 245
# 92
11-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Changes brought on by players in the system..
subnuke and snb version 1 was alot of talk about it in season 1

In season 1 people used hull tanking strategy's, mainly because of Coffee Crews/dob's Target shield stacking so you didn't even have shields anyhow.

Aux2sif, in its first version was a selfheal that was really bad. And Transfear shield strenght was like 200shield heal on each facing in the begining & awhole lot of powers where changed to the better but healing got buffed really good with season2

In season 2 all people switch to shield resist defense setups.

Csv in season 1 is a 1 attack ability that offer as much as boarding party currently.
Biological finds out about CSV3 doing insane damage and we use a 4man dps csv team for our kdf premades, eventually gets fixed (takes several months)

Scramble sensors become a Power to hinder the healing teams because people are making better healing setups for months, to combat this people use Gravity wells, scramble sensors and CBP3 x2 with two sci to put good pressure and then spike.
Faw 1.0 does with dualbeam like 800%more damage per shot on a single target.

Scramble sensors get nerfed, Tactical team get buffed wasn't even initially thought to be that powerful and Carriers are made worse but not by that much.
Faw 2.0 100% accuracy

Doffs, Shield distribution doff was imminently targeted as being too powerful even in the beta on tribble, and now we have the change.

New Faw the current version is garbage because it doesn't check [Acc] modifiers and frankly have like 70% or so hit rate.
---------


Frankly It doesn't take a skilled premade to use 5 copys of grav pulse and self defense skills like ams, to beat badly made pugs or half arsed premades the skills in themselves are broken sure 3minute cooldown that totaly wrecks their opponents.

Good premade will still beat bad ones.
Noone.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 64
# 93
11-20-2012, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
---------


Frankly It doesn't take a skilled premade to use 5 copys of grav pulse and self defense skills like ams, to beat badly made pugs or half arsed premades the skills in themselves are broken sure 3minute cooldown that totaly wrecks their opponents.

Good premade will still beat bad ones.
By the same argument, it doesn't take skilled players to run 4-5 100% acc fawboats either. Spiral up until your above them and when you hit the ceiling start heading down. Ok, let's say you actually DID get the devs to change it by your abuse of the power when you knew it was OP. So your rationale is find the most broken or OP ability there is, ramp it up as much as possible to really get under people's skin, and then ruin people's days with it in the queues until it forces the devs to fix it. Then find the next best thing, rinse and repeat? In the process you've made pvp very unfun for a lot of people while proving your point. Does the end justify the means or do you not care for the fun of others? I guess by your guys definition of scrub, as long as you win, that's what matters since you play to win.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 855
# 94
11-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorandra View Post
Changes brought on by players in the system..
subnuke and snb version 1 was alot of talk about it in season 1
Don't you mean VM and SNB? Ah, pre FvF days, when you had a bunch of BoP's decloak and SNB&VM you, taking all control away from you as they pummeled your ship.

Quote:
In season 1 people used hull tanking strategy's, mainly because of Coffee Crews/dob's Target shield stacking so you didn't even have shields anyhow.
I remember that. Wow, nostalgia kick.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 95
11-20-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindsmygears1 View Post
By the same argument, it doesn't take skilled players to run 4-5 100% acc fawboats either. Spiral up until your above them and when you hit the ceiling start heading down. Ok, let's say you actually DID get the devs to change it by your abuse of the power when you knew it was OP. So your rationale is find the most broken or OP ability there is, ramp it up as much as possible to really get under people's skin, and then ruin people's days with it in the queues until it forces the devs to fix it. Then find the next best thing, rinse and repeat? In the process you've made pvp very unfun for a lot of people while proving your point. Does the end justify the means or do you not care for the fun of others? I guess by your guys definition of scrub, as long as you win, that's what matters since you play to win.
How is this bad? Why is it bad to promote good builds? Why are always the good players punished because half of the other pvp community cant pvp and think smart? The attitude of you-aint-better-than-me is somewhat terribad where good players are rolled back into line because the rest of the sheep finds it "unfun". How is this game going to evolve or the devs be told whats good or bad with pvp, if people aint allowed to mix and mash and come with builds that rocks this earth? And that for the sake of making the game fun for the one playing it!

It frustrates me that good players are being held back because the ones who gets beaten over and over 15-0 finda it unfun and has to point fingers. My goodness! We who come up with good builds did our part. Next its up to the opposing team to find a counter. THATS how a game becomes better and evolves, not by whining and calling foul play.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 64
# 96
11-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
How is this bad? Why is it bad to promote good builds? Why are always the good players punished because half of the other pvp community cant pvp and think smart? The attitude of you-aint-better-than-me is somewhat terribad where good players are rolled back into line because the rest of the sheep finds it "unfun". How is this game going to evolve or the devs be told whats good or bad with pvp, if people aint allowed to mix and mash and come with builds that rocks this earth? And that for the sake of making the game fun for the one playing it!

It frustrates me that good players are being held back because the ones who gets beaten over and over 15-0 finda it unfun and has to point fingers. My goodness! We who come up with good builds did our part. Next its up to the opposing team to find a counter. THATS how a game becomes better and evolves, not by whining and calling foul play.
All this coming from the guy crying foul to console powers...my goodness...
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,395
# 97
11-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
How is this bad? Why is it bad to promote good builds? Why are always the good players punished because half of the other pvp community cant pvp and think smart? The attitude of you-aint-better-than-me is somewhat terribad where good players are rolled back into line because the rest of the sheep finds it "unfun". How is this game going to evolve or the devs be told whats good or bad with pvp, if people aint allowed to mix and mash and come with builds that rocks this earth? And that for the sake of making the game fun for the one playing it!

It frustrates me that good players are being held back because the ones who gets beaten over and over 15-0 finda it unfun and has to point fingers. My goodness! We who come up with good builds did our part. Next its up to the opposing team to find a counter. THATS how a game becomes better and evolves, not by whining and calling foul play.
I can't really tell what you're trying to say here. You've made rather passionate arguments for both sides ("anything goes" or "you shouldn't use cheese") even though they seem quite stubbornly opposed.

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 98
11-20-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindsmygears1 View Post
All this coming from the guy crying foul to console powers...my goodness...
WHAT?!

I have since day 1 shown my disgust for p2w. FAW as Zorena explained and all other skills mentioned which we came across, are all legitimate skills given to all. Not some payed nonesense as we have from time to time shown we can do without and still win.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Lieutenant
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 64
# 99
11-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Just out of curiosity, what's a purple mk xii polaron tac console run? How about a Grav pulse console on the exchange?
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 663
# 100
11-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I can't really tell what you're trying to say here. You've made rather passionate arguments for both sides ("anything goes" or "you shouldn't use cheese") even though they seem quite stubbornly opposed.
Is it payed stuff? Then i oppose, but ONLY because almost everyone else is doing payed stuff, we feel pressured to do the same to not fall behind.

Is it a skill/ability given to all like FAW, HY3 etc? Then by all means go bananas, just like how we did FAW boats, CBP+PSW, PSW chaining, VM+SNB, RSP+FBP etc etc. The list goes on.
We found out good builds in synergy as a TEAM, and made wonders. Why should we then be punished for being smart and clever with builds, when its Cryptic job to balance and develope?
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:01 AM.