Captain
# 1 Fleet credits
11-20-2012, 03:05 PM
Hey, I've been thinking recently, dangerous I know, I've been contributing a lot of expertise to the fleet starbase over the last few weeks as it's one of the few things I do have but the fleet credits generated by this is very disproportionate to everything else, 1 fleet mark=50 credits for example, even dilithium is 1 credit to the crystal, so I think it is only fair that we get more credits for our expertise.

Anyone else's thoughts are welcome
Captain
# 2
11-20-2012, 04:00 PM
no, because expertise is the most insignificant resource in this game...anything you do earns you expertise, and there are absolutely no other things to do with, other than fleet/reputation projects.
It is used to skill your BOFFs...which absolutely makes no sense, since you don't actually buy the new skills with it, you just use it to max them, which could be removed anyway. If you buy the skill why isn't it already at max? Not really a sense in that.
I'm not sure why it wasn't deleted when the change to dilithium was made...it actually was incorporated into starbases...why? who knows...it is worthless there.

to be honest, expertise is the only resource in this game that translates directly to time played...not dilithium.
In an ideal world it should be the resource for all the asthetic projects on the fleetbase...not dilithium.
As it is right now, it better be removed...serves no real purpose.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 3
11-20-2012, 04:09 PM
As baudl said, expertise is stupidly easy to come by, and you can get it in huge amounts. Most level 50 players usually have an excess of 5 to 10 million expertise with which they really have no use for, since it only takes around 72k to max a BOff if I remember right (probably more, brain isn't working atm). Since you have so much, and since it's so easy to get, it's worth is fine IMO.

Besides, what is 20k or 40k expertise to someone with 7 million? It's nothing lol.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Career Officer
# 4
11-20-2012, 04:12 PM
yeah, but no.

expertise is overflowing, anyone who levels up to captain probably has more expertise then he will ever need, by the time he gets to VA he will have several hundred thousands expertise points, if he plays regularly he will hit the billions in a few weeks.

There's too much expertise out there, that it actually is worthless. Consider yourself lucky that fleet projects gives it a use. Honestly Fleet Marks and dilithium should be worth more than they are, because they are the ones you have to play specific content to earn.

On an other note, I have way too much fleet credits, we should have a way to buy fleet marks with fleet credits.
Captain
# 5
11-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deyvad View Post
On an other note, I have way too much fleet credits, we should have a way to buy fleet marks with fleet credits.
well you have indirectly... fleet mark booster, the missions that you get when you hit 110k with your doff system. thats about it, but it makes grinding fleetmarks a little less annoying, but just a little.
Go pro or go home