Ensign
# 41
11-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I have officially quit the game. No completed KDF faction no Romulan faction at all and no balance between anything. Such as Bugs/fixes, these events and the old ones for fleets. There is no need to play this garbage. This goes out to all the people who played the game since the start and have been shown that we who play this from the start till 1000 days are treated just like F2P grunts. the game has gone hill and its far from the same. additionally there were a couple too many skill tree changes before F2P how stupud are the F2Pers?
Career Officer
# 42
11-20-2012, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
if this costs 200,000 dilithium too, i'm going to flip this table over.
My sentiment exactly.

Oh man, I just can't believe I didn't see this coming. It is so obvious.
Reave
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
11-20-2012, 08:11 PM
How much more negative attention does your blog posts need to get before you devs get your heads out of the clouds and realize the dilithium costs are too high? and in general, are a really bad idea? Or you dont care how many players you tick off and get to quit? As long as you make your short term gains right? If that is so, this company will crash into the ground by the end of 2013.

Not to worry though, the CEOs and Upper Management will pocket all of the profit for themselves. The company loses, the CEOs still win, the players lose, the CEOs still win.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |

Last edited by mewi; 11-20-2012 at 08:13 PM.
Rihannsu
# 44
11-20-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm a little shocked to read about large (100+ member) fleets having trouble coming up with a few hundred thousand dilithium.

Now, don't get me wrong, I won't complain a peep if the devs decide to lower the dilithium cost on projects. However, my own fleet - which has about a dozen active members - has had no problem competing all of the optionals. We still have plenty of dilithium left over (one of our members bought a Regent recently with dilithium he saved up and converted to Zen).

A 100 member fleet is looking at 2,000 dilithium per member to complete an optional. A 300 member fleet like the one described earlier is looking at less than 700 per member.

If my little bitty fleet can carry a distributed load of 16,000+ per member for the optional, I just don't understand why coughing up 2,000 or less is a problem.

Help me understand the problem here... because I don't see how a couple hundred thousand dilithium is out of line for a project like this. Is it just because the majority of fleet members aren't contributing dilithium? If so that seems more like a fleet management challenge than a problem with the pricing.
Empire Veteran
# 45
11-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Have you guys even seen this yet? http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=457021
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 46
11-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post
I'm a little shocked to read about large (100+ member) fleets having trouble coming up with a few hundred thousand dilithium.

Now, don't get me wrong, I won't complain a peep if the devs decide to lower the dilithium cost on projects. However, my own fleet - which has about a dozen active members - has had no problem competing all of the optionals. We still have plenty of dilithium left over (one of our members bought a Regent recently with dilithium he saved up and converted to Zen).

A 100 member fleet is looking at 2,000 dilithium per member to complete an optional. A 300 member fleet like the one described earlier is looking at less than 700 per member.

If my little bitty fleet can carry a distributed load of 16,000+ per member for the optional, I just don't understand why coughing up 2,000 or less is a problem.

Help me understand the problem here... because I don't see how a couple hundred thousand dilithium is out of line for a project like this. Is it just because the majority of fleet members aren't contributing dilithium? If so that seems more like a fleet management challenge than a problem with the pricing.
FWIW, the fleet I'm in- 500 members- usually fills these projects within five to ten minutes.
Commander
# 47
11-21-2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post
200k x5= 1 million
+ Embassy costs, all taken out of the requirements for your own Character... Not everyone has that much stuff floating around spare. That means the slack has to be taken up by others.

Luckily there's changes in place over the next two weeks.
Survivor of Romulus
# 48
11-22-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotttetrius View Post
I have officially quit the game.
How on God's green earth do you "officially" quit a game? Is there paperwork involved?
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Career Officer
# 49
11-22-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
Yawn. 200k Dilithium for space snails. Pass.
I agree.

Think I'll save my dilithium for things like the advanced/elite gear from our starbase.
Or maybe, for some of the new reputation stuff.

Either way, I'm not grinding for this type of content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Schissler/Online Multiplayer Gaming View Post
(In regards to STO Delta Rising): "Where a fun casual game once sat proudly, a horrible grind fest now stands. All this expansion has made me want to do, is log in less."
Career Officer
# 50
11-22-2012, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
Then join my fed fleet, we always have tons of dil but no fleetmarks to fill the insane requirements. I feel like a zombie farming stupid content again and again; i'd just buy progresses for dil if i was able to. We're not a big fleet but we're organized, so the main issue isn't dil but fleetmarks. Most of us are old stf-ers sitting on tons of ore anyway...

I'm also in a kdf fleet, it's the same issue, i've never been able to put any dil in any projects, but we always need more fleetmarks. Unfortunately the starbase missions are getting quite old and boring now...
Don't you guys buy the elite/advanced gear or anything? I know I can grind up a ton of dilithium, then spend it like there's no tomorrow gearing up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Schissler/Online Multiplayer Gaming View Post
(In regards to STO Delta Rising): "Where a fun casual game once sat proudly, a horrible grind fest now stands. All this expansion has made me want to do, is log in less."