Career Officer
# 11
11-20-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoose666 View Post
STO's biggest obstacle is its past. Specifically, the KDF. The KDF has been the elephant in the room and the chip on the shoulder of the game since it launched, and it has only been growing larger with time. Until they finally "finish" the KDF, they cant move forward with new factions.
I agree with this. The KDF needs the episode content.

Also, non-spiked boot options for KDF females.
Empire Veteran
# 12
11-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirai222 View Post
I agree with this. The KDF needs the episode content.

Also, non-spiked boot options for KDF females.
Would you like alternate storylines within each episode? What other costume options would you like to see for the KDF?
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Lieutenant
# 13
11-20-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuhteb5 View Post
Would you like alternate storylines within each episode? What other costume options would you like to see for the KDF?
Alternate endings would be nice, but are by no means necessary. 5 missions with 1 ending are more needed than 1 mission with 5 endings, since it is quantity that the KDF is lacking. That said, I think alternate endings are a "must" for all future FEs, to allow the different factions to truly "express" themselves, rather than pigeonholing the KDF into a Fed stereotypical ending.

Last edited by anonymoose666; 11-20-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Captain
# 14
11-20-2012, 06:56 PM
What I really don't like is the fact you have to gather all the material for your starbase as well as Omega and Romulas marks.

I can uderstand the starbase but what about just donating Omega and Romlas marks.I would like to see STO get back to missions and to the storyline.

To me the Kdf seem fine except they lack free specialty ships eg science.They do have ship with more univsal boffs slots.
Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
Star Trek Gamers

Last edited by age03; 11-20-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Career Officer
# 15
11-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Alternate storylines? No, I don't care about that. Just a good selection of episodes that show how the KDF conflict with other factions has been developing. A decent tutorial would be nice too, one that has the character establishing some warrior credentials.

As far as costume options go, I just want some options that don't look big and clunky for female aliens and joined Trills.
Empire Veteran
# 16
11-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by age03 View Post
What I really don't like is the fact you have to gather all the material for your starbase as well as Omega and Romulas marks.

I can uderstand the starbase but what about just donating Omega and Romlas marks.I would like to see STO get back to missions and to the storyline.

To me the Kdf seem fine except they lack free specialty ships eg science.They do have ship with more univsal boffs slots.
Do you feel like you're focusing on building up starbases because their isn't much else to do? Is your goal to get the fleet weapons and ships? Would you like regular single-player missions to give dilithium and mark rewards?
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Career Officer
# 17
11-20-2012, 07:14 PM
If They had just taken the time to create ONE New KDF Mission a month over the last year...,
(or even One Every-Other Month)

Much of the current and on-going Klingon Wrath could have been avoided.

Same holds true for the PvP Gang.

They didn't even have to be new Maps, most players would have settled for old maps with just a bit of tweeking to make it a bit different.

Hell, PvP'ers would have settled for ANY map, with open conflict.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Empire Veteran
# 18
11-20-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
If They had just taken the time to create ONE New KDF Mission a month over the last year...,
(or even One Every-Other Month)

Much of the current and on-going Klingon Wrath could have been avoided.

Same holds true for the PvP Gang.

They didn't even have to be new Maps, most players would have settled for old maps with just a bit of tweeking to make it a bit different.

Hell, PvP'ers would have settled for ANY map, with open conflict.
Well, it does seem that Cryptic has put a lot of focus and resources into developing new systems for season 6 and season 7. In the future as Cryptic hires more STO devs, I hope that dev resources can be evenly divided between systems and mission making.

Addressing your pvp concerns, it would be cool it if the devs figured out a way to integrate the entire pvp system into the Fleet system. However, pvp would still be optional. I know that a large percentage of players never even touches pvp, so they should never be forced to have to play pvp if it did get integrated.
Commander
# 19
11-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
What do you mean by move on? Would Cryptic just focus on Federation and Romulan play? Please quantify.
Basically, move the Klingon faction into the Reputation system and unlock its features when you hit various Klingon reputation tiers. Hit Klingon Reputation T1? Unlock Lt. Cmdr level ships and the KDF red style interface. Hit T2, unlock Cmdr level ships and certain disruptor weapons or whatever, all the way up to T5 and Klingon fleet participation and access to top-tier Klingon ships.

No need to make Klingon-specific missions (other than as reputation related), KDF players can queue with UFP ones...basically solves the entire Klingon faction issue. Stop worrying about independent Klingon content when most players won't use it and it wastes developer time.

More usefully, it can then be expanded to other groups as required, such as opening up a Romulan 'minifaction' the same way.
Captain
# 20
11-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Parity between the factions. It is creating an issue where 20% of your customers are getting an inferior product for their investment (both money and time). That creates a massive amount of negativity. Nobody likes to feel like a second class citizen, especially if you're a paying customer.

They've fell into this nasty cause and effect cycle of "We don't develop for KDF because they're low pop, but they are low pop because we don't develop for them". That needs to stop somewhere, whether it means merging everything up or making an active effort to equalize both factions...

and no, adding a couple missions from 1-20 isn't even close to doing that. We need to be treated near to the same at 50, that means more ships, lots of cross faction stuff, costume options, etc. I'm not a fan of wasting time on episodic content either. Its way too much work for something that's one and done. Put the time and energy into long term stuff.

Last edited by xantris; 11-20-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Closed Thread