Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Survivor of Romulus
# 11
11-20-2012, 07:22 PM
Unbelievable.

I honestly can't believe it!

Cryptic devs listening to the playerbase and implimenting pretty much all of their constructive criticism? I am EXTREMELY impressed. Well done, this could be the start of something magical.

All I can say, is that this has turned Season 7 from mediocre to without doubt the best season release so far.

KUDOS!

(EDIT: Gave the credit to Cryptic as opposed to PWE, as a user rightly pointed out!)

Last edited by topset; 11-20-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Commander
# 12
11-20-2012, 07:27 PM
Really glad to hear these changes are coming to the STF system, its been very disappointing seeing what S7 had done to STFs but with these changes things should start going back to normal. Thanks for listening to the players.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
11-20-2012, 07:27 PM
I think a lot of people are going to be very happy with these changes, thank you Dan and thank you for season 7 it's been awesome so far! And it's getting better.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard

Last edited by jared1701; 11-20-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Lieutenant
# 14
11-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
The number of players that were earning 1440 dilithium on all of their ALTs by running simple Foundry missions (ie - click one thing on Earth Space Dock) and then selling that Dilithium to the exchange, then buying it back on their main forced us to make this change.

If you want the 1440 Dilithium from the Foundry daily - you must play a Foundry mission that "qualifies" - meaning it has to be at least 15 minutes of gameplay.

We've held off on making this change in the hopes that players would police the simple missions and have them removed - but it just didn't happen.

If we had a better solution for the Foundry daily, we would go with it - but for now - Sorry you have to play at least a 15 minute long mission.

We will look into increasing the reward if the average length of Foundry missions that players are playing is greater than 15 minutes - but we're waiting to see if players will stop using these missions as an "easy" way to get Dilithium.
I agree the exploits needed to be fixed, so kudos on that. However by still requiring people to complete 3 missions after instituting your new 15 minute requirement, that is a minimum(key word) of 45 minutes for 1440 dilithium. Again, that is the same amount of dilithium you get for 20 minutes doing the exploration daily.

So you either need to reduce the amount of missions required to complete the daily(15 x 2 = 30 mins would be much more reasonable) or double the dilithium reward to make up for how much time is required to complete three full length foundry missions.

You will never encourage people to play the foundry if it takes a long time to get a little reward. The reward has to be proportionate to the time invested or else they will invest that time doing other things. And thanks for your reply.

Last edited by anonymoose666; 11-20-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 15
11-20-2012, 07:30 PM
I'm impressed with how quickly you are responding to feedback and making changes. I'm also particularly excited for the winter events, FE replays, Andorian cruiser, and anniversary ships. Finally starting to feel excited about this game again. Good job.
=^= Starfleet Code Red Message =^= Starfleet intelligence's central network was compromised by an insidious ARC virus. All captains are to avoid contact with the ARC until we can ascertain how dangerous it is. All ships remain on high alert!
Career Officer
# 16
11-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Quote:
The number of players that were earning 1440 dilithium on all of their ALTs by running simple Foundry missions (ie - click one thing on Earth Space Dock) and then selling that Dilithium to the exchange, then buying it back on their main forced us to make this change.

If you want the 1440 Dilithium from the Foundry daily - you must play a Foundry mission that "qualifies" - meaning it has to be at least 15 minutes of gameplay.

We've held off on making this change in the hopes that players would police the simple missions and have them removed - but it just didn't happen.

If we had a better solution for the Foundry daily, we would go with it - but for now - Sorry you have to play at least a 15 minute long mission.

We will look into increasing the reward if the average length of Foundry missions that players are playing is greater than 15 minutes - but we're waiting to see if players will stop using these missions as an "easy" way to get Dilithium.
One solution I can see is to look at making the basic rewards something character bound but equally valuable.

Or having the dilithium being an accountwide claim similar to how accountwide Foundry slots are purchased from a single character's dilithium.
Career Officer
# 17
11-20-2012, 07:32 PM
Thank you

happy Turkey day
Career Officer
# 18
11-20-2012, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by topset View Post
Unbelievable.

I honestly can't believe it!

PWE listening to the playerbase and implimenting pretty much all of their constructive criticism? I am EXTREMELY impressed. Well done, this could be the start of something magical.

All I can say, is that this has turned Season 7 from mediocre to without doubt the best season release so far.

KUDOS!
I'm more wiling to give credit to the Cryptic Dev's for these changes...
(rather than PWE/I)

I highly doubt that things would have gone this way if the Upper Big-Wigs had insisted on what we first got, without Dstahl going to battle for us with whatever Data acquired from the first few days of Season 7..
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
11-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
I'm more wiling to give credit to the Cryptic Dev's for these changes...
(rather than PWE/I)

I highly doubt that things would have gone this way if the Upper Big-Wigs had insisted on what we first got, without Dstahl going to battle for us with whatever Data acquired from the first few days of Season 7..
Sorry, you are absolutely right. Good point, well made! I will edit my post accordingly
Career Officer
# 20
11-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Quote:

Has any consideration been given to exactly why players were using this method to get 1440 Dilithium?

More Dilithium activities or even a small amount of Dilithium on all missions (including Featured Episodes). Maybe a Dilithium event where for a week all story content gives 240 Dilithium per mission?

Any chance of adding a Dilithium Crate (similar to Champions Questonite boxes) to the drop pool for Captains/Battleships/Dreadnoughts? Varying amounts of Dilithium ore in the box of course.

Would there also be a chance to trade in Fleet Credits for Dilithium in the future? Perhaps a Dilithium Mine on an asteroid as a fleet holding with Doff/mark/Commodities inputs that upgrades the Holding and allows for more Dilithium to be mined or some such thing?
Closed Thread