Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lieutenant
# 41
11-20-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
If Cryptic was wise... they would hand out free respecs instead of stupid titles and such for tribble weekends and such.

Instead yes it seems they almost do the "description" errors... and skill changes to tie them to skills ect... to force respecs.

They have never once given respecs after any major or minor change... compare that to pretty much every other MMO (where most times they force reset your points after a change so people don't just hold the respec)... it makes Cryptic look really greedy. Of course we all know they are so.... lol
actually they have
Lieutenant
# 42
11-20-2012, 08:34 PM
lifetime members ought to get as many respecs as they want as well. maybe give one a month for month to month subs as well?
Captain
# 43
11-20-2012, 09:06 PM
What i would prefer is a free respec every week.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Lieutenant
# 44
11-20-2012, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
What i would prefer is a free respec every week.
that'll cost ya
Captain
# 45
11-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Sometimes, I wonder if the game actually revolves around respec purchases as this point.

Consider all the single character unlocks that they previously introduced...
Consider the reputation grinds that they just introduced...
Consider the "oopsies but no free respec" that they have previously admitted...
Consider the "oopsies but no free respec" that are likely down the line...

Everything appears to point to trying to sell respecs.

Respec Trek Online...
Career Officer
# 46
11-21-2012, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
If Cryptic was wise... they would hand out free respecs instead of stupid titles and such for tribble weekends and such.

Instead yes it seems they almost do the "description" errors... and skill changes to tie them to skills ect... to force respecs.

They have never once given respecs after any major or minor change... compare that to pretty much every other MMO (where most times they force reset your points after a change so people don't just hold the respec)... it makes Cryptic look really greedy. Of course we all know they are so.... lol
Actually they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Fortunately, Season 6 (and now Season 7) have been such positive improvements to the game (and the health of the business), I've been able to increase my staff and for the first time in Season 8 - tackle something awesome and on my long standing engineering report to do list.

If things keep going this way - the team will be able to start knocking off all of the features and content goals we've had since day one. It really is a good time for STO and we hope that with your support - it continues!
Surely not PVP?!
Rihannsu
# 47
11-21-2012, 03:51 AM
Eng Team now clears VM, another Sci nerf. instead of fixing the sub systems repair part of the skill tree another power has become useless.

Instead of multiplying by alive crew (aka 0 in pvp matches sooner or later) all you had to do was change the formula a little to make the alive crew and addition to a base line multiplier.

Oh FA now give FM, even without private queues its fleet content, PvP....zippo
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 48
11-21-2012, 04:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Eng Team now clears VM, another Sci nerf. instead of fixing the sub systems repair part of the skill tree another power has become useless.

Instead of multiplying by alive crew (aka 0 in pvp matches sooner or later) all you had to do was change the formula a little to make the alive crew and addition to a base line multiplier.

Well useless is probably strong word. Not everyone carries ET around. But yes, I do not like any of those "tweaks" to science skills.
Empire Veteran
# 49
11-21-2012, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post

Um ET is the only way to clear VM since.... a long time? Ok not the only way, I think red matter thingy works to. Maybe I missed something but it was like that for months.
Rihannsu
# 50
11-21-2012, 05:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetam1 View Post
Um ET is the only way to clear VM since.... a long time? Ok not the only way, I think red matter thingy works to. Maybe I missed something but it was like that for months.
No, so far ET would repair the currently disabled subsystem caused by VM, so does EPtX, Batteries, MW, and according to tooltip RMC (its broken). HOwever, VM would continue to cycle through the remaining subsystems.

The new version of ET, clears VM outright, so you restore the currently disabled subsystem, and no other susbsystems will become disabled. VM is gone.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013