Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Career Officer
# 21
11-20-2012, 08:36 PM
I like the changes proposed makes me happy I got my lifetime sub during the special.

About foundry daily is it possible to have it for 1- mission lasting 15-20+ minutes as opposed to 3 missions?
We might get to explore more of the great foundry missions created that way, and my 19 characters thank u for the consideration.

Happy holidays to all
Survivor of Romulus
# 22
11-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepwe View Post
Has any consideration been given to exactly why players were using this method to get 1440 Dilithium?
I can tell you right now, because it was a button to get 1440 dilithium in 5 seconds for doing nothing but abusing a bug. It had nothing to do with it being hard to get dilithium, but simply because this was the most time efficient way of doing it. I fully support the closing of this loophole!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 23
11-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoose666 View Post
I agree the exploits needed to be fixed, so kudos on that. However by still requiring people to complete 3 missions after instituting your new 15 minute requirement, that is a minimum(key word) of 45 minutes for 1440 dilithium. Again, that is the same amount of dilithium you get for 20 minutes doing the exploration daily.

So you either need to reduce the amount of missions required to completely the daily(15 x 2 = 30 mins would be much more reasonable) or double the dilithium reward to make up for how much time is required to complete three full length foundry missions.

You will never encourage people to play the foundry if it takes a long time to get a little reward. The reward has to be proportionate to the time invested or else they will invest that time doing other things. And thanks for your reply.
OK - I understand your point now. I'll bring this up with the appropriate designer and we'll see if we can bring these in line so that they are balanced.
Career Officer
# 24
11-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Please turn your attention to Fleet Marks next!

The loss of our 50 Marks from Investigate missions has taken a serious toll. Fleet leaders are now paying high ransoms for people to temporarily join their fleets to donate mass amounts.

Marks are, of course, just one of the ways you reward us for our time... but the number of ways you do this efficiently and effectively are severely limited.

Please consider some new paths for us to gain marks. My suggestions include the addition of a Fleet Mark reward box as an option on mission replay, a new mark reward mission similar to the dilithium mining map (but in an EVA suit on the surface of our starbase repairing/building something), and the addition of a choice of Fleet Marks to any grouping mission that currently only offers dilithium (again, choosing marks over dilithium) - particularly Fleet Alerts!

But predominantly, give me the *option* of choosing my reward for my time, give me the option to choose Fleet Marks for doing the things I have fun to do, I like to do, not just the 2-4 same queues!
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.

Last edited by jnohd; 11-20-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
11-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Very good. You're the only developer who hasn't let me down so far.

Going to the C-store now , well done.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
Please turn your attention to Fleet Marks next!

The loss of our 50 Marks from Investigate missions has taken a serious toll. Fleet leaders are now paying high ransoms for people to temporarily join their fleets to donate mass amounts.

Marks are, of course, just one of the ways you reward us for your time... but the number of ways you do this efficiently and effectively are severely limited.

Please consider some new paths for us to gain marks. My suggestions include the addition of a Fleet Mark reward box as an option on mission replay, a new mark reward mission similar to the dilithium mining map (but in an EVA suit on the surface of our starbase repairing/building something), and the addition of a choice of Fleet Marks to any grouping mission that currently only offers dilithium (again, choosing marks over dilithium) - particularly Fleet Alerts!
That should be in the patch notes, but forgot to mention that we are changing the Fleet Action daily to reward 50 Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium now that we're added Dilithium for completing every Reputation Project.

We will continue to add ways to earn Fleet Marks where needed as we continue to monitor the overall economy.

Last edited by dastahl; 11-20-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Career Officer
# 27
Good stuff. Glad to hear ways to earn Dil are being added and Rep tuned.
Proud Pre-Launch CO and Pre-Launch STO Lifetime Subscriber.
Commander
# 28
Just wanted to thank you all for these changes and wish ya guys a safe and happy Thanksgiving! Happily passed a link to this thread to a dear pal who's an STF fanatic and I'm sure he'll be pleased. Kudos to ya Cryptic!
"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
methos71
Lieutenant
# 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
OK - I understand your point now. I'll bring this up with the appropriate designer and we'll see if we can bring these in line so that they are balanced.
Brilliant! Cheers
Rihannsu
# 30
11-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
The number of players that were earning 1440 dilithium on all of their ALTs by running simple Foundry missions (ie - click one thing on Earth Space Dock) and then selling that Dilithium to the exchange, then buying it back on their main forced us to make this change.

If you want the 1440 Dilithium from the Foundry daily - you must play a Foundry mission that "qualifies" - meaning it has to be at least 15 minutes of gameplay.

We've held off on making this change in the hopes that players would police the simple missions and have them removed - but it just didn't happen.

If we had a better solution for the Foundry daily, we would go with it - but for now - Sorry you have to play at least a 15 minute long mission.

We will look into increasing the reward if the average length of Foundry missions that players are playing is greater than 15 minutes - but we're waiting to see if players will stop using these missions as an "easy" way to get Dilithium.
Do you deem one 15 or more minute mission adequate? Truthfully, "real" missions quite often exceed 30 mins. An hour is far from unheard of.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Closed Thread