Career Officer
# 281
11-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Nope - he snipped the part about there being tons more players and higher concurrency thus far - we've had a big increase in the number of people playing much like we saw with Season 6 release.

These changes are about balancing the economy while removing some exploits and adding more fun back into the STFs. Yes the feedback had a lot to do with it, but we stand behind many of the changes that were made in this season. The additions will simply put it back on track to where most everyone can enjoy their particular play style and still have something to work towards.
Oh... Ok.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 282
11-20-2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Nope - he snipped the part about there being tons more players and higher concurrency thus far - we've had a big increase in the number of people playing much like we saw with Season 6 release.

These changes are about balancing the economy while removing some exploits and adding more fun back into the STFs. Yes the feedback had a lot to do with it, but we stand behind many of the changes that were made in this season. The additions will simply put it back on track to where most everyone can enjoy their particular play style and still have something to work towards.
yeah, sure, whatever. As a rule of thumb, when dstahl says something assume the opposite, that's closer to the truth.
Ensign
# 283
11-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Kudos for the devs for addressing this so quickly. You've made a generally satisfied customer completely satisfied again.
Rihannsu
# 284
11-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koltoroc View Post
yeah, sure, whatever. As a rule of thumb, when dstahl says something assume the opposite, that's closer to the truth.
100% agree this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 285
11-20-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:

Sorry. I don't find unneeded added grind "fun". So where's the "fun" for non-STF's?

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Career Officer
# 286
11-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:

It makes me worried that you all thought these things were ok in the first place.

The direction you are taking the game is not the direction the players want. There are two paths, and you and the devs path is diverging from the game's player base path. Thus, conflict ensues. Your goals, are not our goals, your wants and desires for this game, are not ours. I continue to see this crack in the void continue to grow until some fundamental thought processes over there at Cryptic/PWE are changed.
"Would you mind not standing on my chest? My hat's on fire." - The Doctor

My Let's Play Series of STO - http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us
Captain
# 287
11-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
It makes me worried that you all thought these things were ok in the first place.

The direction you are taking the game is not the direction the players want. There are two paths, and you and the devs path is diverging from the game's player base path. Thus, conflict ensues. Your goals, are not our goals, your wants and desires for this game, are not ours. I continue to see this crack in the void continue to grow until some fundamental thought processes over there at Cryptic/PWE are changed.
Very true and valid points, but at the same time, we as a community probably need to do a better job at communicating what we want and are willing to throw money at.

I actually think the community did a good job of throwing out a lot mature and constructive feedback about changes with season 7. In turn, I am getting the impression that the devs are getting a better realization of what it is that we want. Obviously, things there's still a lot more work that needs to be done(I'm curious how many people are even interacting with the Personal Officers at all now - specifically the primary one in the academies), but there are at least signs of improvement.

On a semi-related note, I have been curious if you've had any plans to make impression/retrospective videos about seasons on your channel. It may not be 'gameplay', but I would probably enjoy a video about your opinions on season 6, for example - things you liked and didn't like. I imagine that sort of thing would be useful for the Devs as well.
Career Officer
# 288
11-21-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:

It's good that mistakes have been acknowledged, there was once a vibrant STF community, this update ended it. I hope these changes will bring back the fun and community. As has been previously mentioned if you diverge too far what the customer wants from the product and try to foister what you want the product to be on the customer it almost always ends up being bad for business.

Of course as you know the success of a season should be judged at the end of the season not the start, it's whom you retain that counts. As you can see from the feedback here many were unhappy with the implementation of the changes. Lets see if the proposed changes have the desired effect.

I am also at a loss with the logic that dispersing dilthium across more events and reducing or removing it from some events whilst creating new sinks in dilthium would somehow get more people to refine more dilithium per day. I think you know already by the drop in Zen value that your changes to this economy would not increase the supply of refined dilithium to the exchange.

It seems especially illogical when considering that the average player is more casual and has less time yet he must now do several missions to recieve the same Dilithium he did for one. This does not benefit casual players dilithium refinement rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Cryptic really needs to find that middle ground.

Changing FA rewards from DL to FM? Tsk, they really should mix them to a dual reward like the Azure Nebula. Like Fleet Events rewarding in Fleet Marks and Dilithum, while Fleet Actions are more Dilithum than Fleet Marks. STFs reward in Omega, Fleet, and Dilithum.

That way they are combining rewards so people don't feel pressured to play single content and earn multiple projects at the same time, thus not suffering from grind exhaustion.

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 11-21-2012 at 12:49 AM.
Career Officer
# 289
11-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Personally, I am quite happy that the Stahl and the devs over at Cryptic have listened to the players and are now making enhancements to the game. Especially the Reputation system.

I am quite looking forward to trying out the Reputation system once all the enhancements are completed on the 29th of November. Until then, I will probably not touch the Reputation system.
Career Officer
# 290
11-21-2012, 01:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post

Agreed, it will take a long time for Cryptic/PWE to earn the playerbase trust back.

It really doesn't help when the devs are hell bent on robbing us blind every time they "update" a core endgame system.

Don't get me wrong, the devs are making headway with the recent S7 update, but every week the devs seem to take one step forwards and two steps back...