Career Officer
# 61
11-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
That's not really fair and not representative of our relationship with PW. Yes we have budgets and goals, but they are not involved in our game design. All the changes in Season 7 were Cryptic's doing and we are more than willing to change based on feedback. PW is really not the big bad guys. Jack on the other hand...
He really does like his Fleet Actions, doesn't he? ;-)
Captain
# 62
11-20-2012, 08:15 PM
Outstanding stuff, thanks guys
Career Officer
# 63
11-20-2012, 08:16 PM
You mention reputation projects across all tiers are being dropped from 40 to 20 hours, yet the patch notes say its only T1 and T2. Can you clarify on this?
@HyperLimited
Cryptic Studios Team
# 64
11-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Oh yes, there is one thing I question. You've been saying that more dilithium than ever is being put in the hands of players... well I keep seeing dilithium sources cut off. There's on in this very post. So, um, care to explain, Dan?
There were several goals in Season 7 that were interelated.

These included:
  • Increase the Dilithium Earn Rate of the avg. Level 50 player
  • Close Dilithium Loopholes
  • Normalize Dilithium earn rates per hour across the various ways you can earn it
  • Reduce the 42 currencies needed for STF gear
  • Introduce an Alternate Advancement system so players can earn more Captain Powers without increasing the Skillpoint cap
  • Increase participation in Fleet Actions

So while we've removed some of the ways you could earn Dilithium, we've added or are adding several more than will help us achieve the goals above.

While some of the goals were tackled immediately, it has taken several days of data mining to see where we could shift and still hit our goals while addressing player feedback.

Depending on your play style, you may very well have seen an immediate reduction in how you were earning Dilithium - however we are hopeful that with these changes, you will find the way that you will be able to continue to enjoy the game and earn more Dilithium while doing so. It isn't going to be perfect, but we will continue to adjust to help out the average player and the enthusiest hardcore player.
Captain
# 65
11-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
The number of players that were earning 1440 dilithium on all of their ALTs by running simple Foundry missions (ie - click one thing on Earth Space Dock) and then selling that Dilithium to the exchange, then buying it back on their main forced us to make this change.

If you want the 1440 Dilithium from the Foundry daily - you must play a Foundry mission that "qualifies" - meaning it has to be at least 15 minutes of gameplay.

We've held off on making this change in the hopes that players would police the simple missions and have them removed - but it just didn't happen.

If we had a better solution for the Foundry daily, we would go with it - but for now - Sorry you have to play at least a 15 minute long mission.

We will look into increasing the reward if the average length of Foundry missions that players are playing is greater than 15 minutes - but we're waiting to see if players will stop using these missions as an "easy" way to get Dilithium.
(Responding to the section in bold).

I don't mean any disrespect. But how can Cryptic still thinks in such a naive manner after all of these years of designing and running MMORPGS. If players have a choice, of course they are going to do the most expeditious way of earning repetitious rewards in a game (console clicker Foundry missions). And they are going to choice the best and most efficient combination of gear. 3 piece set of old Borg Assimilate set or slotting of 1 Accuracy/5 Damage or 5 Damage Enhancers in City of Heroes. If you want players to player in a certain way, you need to force it.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 66
11-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
You mention reputation projects across all tiers are being dropped from 40 to 20 hours, yet the patch notes say its only T1 and T2. Can you clarify on this?
Not all changes are going live tomorrow - the entire list of changes will not be complete until the end of the month.
Empire Veteran
# 67
11-20-2012, 08:20 PM
Considering this is the three year anniversary coming up, why not do something like celebrating the ten oldest, active fleets? I mean, if they've managed to stick around since launch then surely they deserve some recognition for helping to make this game what it is.

Also more Klingon ships
Starfleet Veteran
# 68
11-20-2012, 08:20 PM
All I can say is

Wow, the changes to the Rep system sound like an excellent idea, and I am really looking forward to the Winter Event
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Captain
# 69
11-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Reputation XP Project timers are dropping from 40 hours to 20 hours across all Tiers. If you have a project in progress, it will not change, but any new projects after the update will be adjusted. We are also looking into adding the ability to drop a project.
After going back through the math, *blushes from her error*, I thank you for making this change. It was one out of a handful in which really bothered me. When I saw that timer say, "1 day and 16 hours", I felt like the wind went out of my sail.
Lieutenant
# 70
11-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Mr. Stahl. if your still reading: you said in the OP that we would see more adventure planets in the future. With the preface that your personal preferences are not necessarily the same thing as development priorities, what planet would you personally like to see added and why?
Closed Thread