Survivor of Romulus
# 71
11-20-2012, 08:22 PM
To Dan and the Dev team,
Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for listening to the players as well as analyzing all the data you've collected. Sometimes concepts can seem great on paper, but not fully be what you expected in practice. Hopefully everyone will just chalk it up to a growing pain, say thanks for listening and that'll be the end of it.
However, one thing I would like to bring back to your attention is that yes there are all the different ways to get dilithium, and now more ec is being added back with the stf loot returning, but with the embassy and now the reputation system, the damage and the strain to smaller/medium fleets is pretty severe. I understand the logic behind 200k dilithium for a project spent by X number of players doesn't equal that much, but that's not how the system is working. Right now on my fleet we're stacked with approx almost 750k dilithium required for projects (yes that includes 400k for limited time projects). At this rate with the new changes it's a struggle to even unlock tier 2 and we'll probably just stop there and switch to doing the embassy when people contribute outside of their rep systems. Call me stubborn or whatever you'd like but I don't want to simply abandon it to join a larger fleet, there's too much time and resources invested.
I'm just asking that with all the different changes being made post season 7 launch if once all the dust settles if you could please go back and take another look at the fleet data and hopefully find some more adjustments that could be made.

To Everyone else,
Some of us gave as much constructive criticism as possible, and others took a more negative approach. I just ask that everyone take the moment or two that it takes to thank the dev team for listening to it all the good and the bad, and for coming up with some solutions.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Outstanding stuff, thanks guys
To be fair to Jack - he has been the most vocal champion of the changes that you see in this list. He plays STO a lot and always has really good feedback. I just like to blame him for things because he's fun to tease.

If there is anyone that deserves the shame, it is me because ultimately the buck stops here and if something goes live, I approved it.

Luckily, I can also change it

Fortunately, Season 6 (and now Season 7) have been such positive improvements to the game (and the health of the business), I've been able to increase my staff and for the first time in Season 8 - tackle something awesome and on my long standing engineering report to do list.

If things keep going this way - the team will be able to start knocking off all of the features and content goals we've had since day one. It really is a good time for STO and we hope that with your support - it continues!
Captain
# 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
There were several goals in Season 7 that were interelated.

These included:
  • Increase the Dilithium Earn Rate of the avg. Level 50 player
  • Close Dilithium Loopholes
  • Normalize Dilithium earn rates per hour across the various ways you can earn it
  • Reduce the 42 currencies needed for STF gear
  • Introduce an Alternate Advancement system so players can earn more Captain Powers without increasing the Skillpoint cap
  • Increase participation in Fleet Actions

So while we've removed some of the ways you could earn Dilithium, we've added or are adding several more than will help us achieve the goals above.

While some of the goals were tackled immediately, it has taken several days of data mining to see where we could shift and still hit our goals while addressing player feedback.

Depending on your play style, you may very well have seen an immediate reduction in how you were earning Dilithium - however we are hopeful that with these changes, you will find the way that you will be able to continue to enjoy the game and earn more Dilithium while doing so. It isn't going to be perfect, but we will continue to adjust to help out the average player and the enthusiest hardcore player.
Well, it seems you guys are honestly trying to help the game, and for once I actually have a grain of belief that what is said above will come true. But I've highlighted the things that currently don't apply to me since my game doesn't even work .

I really do hope that you guys will continue on this path, though, as you seem to be making a lot of good choices in making changes.

And I really do hope I will be able to log in to see them sometime... this week? Month? I'm gonna keep on tryin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
# 74
11-20-2012, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Wow... I never would have guessed.

btw, I can't decide which I am more disturbed by, your avatar or your sig. (But nothing beats a VERY spine-chillingly wierd avatar I saw yesterday that is now imprinted in my mind)
I find your disturbance... gratifying.

Stewey is my alter-ego, the Old Troll in me keeps him in check...

... sometimes...

(as certain folks around here will attest)

Though lately, even I have found Stewey to be a bit much...
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 11-20-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Commander
# 75
11-20-2012, 08:24 PM
My main concern is a bug that's kicking people out of PvE queues as soon as they show up.

Has that bug been investigated? Because that'll make or break my involvement in the Reputation System.
Lieutenant
# 76
11-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Many thanks to Cryptic for listening to customer feedback and making updates to address some of the concerns.
Its helped restore my confidence in Cryptic and STO.
Please keep listening.
As fans we understand its a free to play game now and monetization has to be integral to the survival of STO, just don't take us for granted and try to meet us half way whenever finanically possible.
Thank you
Cryptic Studios Team
# 77
11-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
To Dan and the Dev team,
Just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for listening to the players as well as analyzing all the data you've collected. Sometimes concepts can seem great on paper, but not fully be what you expected in practice. Hopefully everyone will just chalk it up to a growing pain, say thanks for listening and that'll be the end of it.
However, one thing I would like to bring back to your attention is that yes there are all the different ways to get dilithium, and now more ec is being added back with the stf loot returning, but with the embassy and now the reputation system, the damage and the strain to smaller/medium fleets is pretty severe. I understand the logic behind 200k dilithium for a project spent by X number of players doesn't equal that much, but that's not how the system is working. Right now on my fleet we're stacked with approx almost 750k dilithium required for projects (yes that includes 400k for limited time projects). At this rate with the new changes it's a struggle to even unlock tier 2 and we'll probably just stop there and switch to doing the embassy when people contribute outside of their rep systems. Call me stubborn or whatever you'd like but I don't want to simply abandon it to join a larger fleet, there's too much time and resources invested.
I'm just asking that with all the different changes being made post season 7 launch if once all the dust settles if you could please go back and take another look at the fleet data and hopefully find some more adjustments that could be made.

To Everyone else,
Some of us gave as much constructive criticism as possible, and others took a more negative approach. I just ask that everyone take the moment or two that it takes to thank the dev team for listening to it all the good and the bad, and for coming up with some solutions.
Heard and understood. It is still tough for fleets under 25 players to achieve Starbase goals in a reasonable time. We will look more into this and see if there are other things we can do to help. We've already adjusted the top tier projects down a few times and we may do so even more in the future.
Career Officer
# 78
11-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Well, all i can say is that it sounds like good news.

I am happy to see random loot coming back in STFs and i am glad Reputation Projects timers are getting adjusted.

Now, i am gonna wait until i really see it happen and then if i feel entertained i will move forward and buy your Vesta with cold hard cash.

*Hopefully awaits changes*
Captain
# 79
11-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Heard and understood. It is still tough for fleets under 25 players to achieve Starbase goals in a reasonable time. We will look more into this and see if there are other things we can do to help. We've already adjusted the top tier projects down a few times and we may do so even more in the future.
Sweet spot is Tier three. As someone who runs a 23 to 25 member fleet, I noticed tier three has been a major burn. We have practically stopped. Can you please look at those requirements?

Last edited by linyive; 11-20-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 80
11-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
My main concern is a bug that's kicking people out of PvE queues as soon as they show up.

Has that bug been investigated? Because that'll make or break my involvement in the Reputation System.
Yes - I should have mentioned this - It has been our top priority bug since Season 7 went live. We have a potential fix going out tomorrow - and if it isn't completly fixed we'll keep hammering on it until it works.

One thing I've noticed is that if you are running the Klingon Scouting Force Fleet Action - you can usually prevent getting booted from the map by minimizing the contact that pops up when you enter. Just don't hit continue and you should be allowed to stay in the map.

We will squash this bug as soon as we can.
Closed Thread