Lieutenant
# 121
11-20-2012, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
Not at all. I have already argumented that I and my fleet feels pressured to have some P2W to stay comeptitive, while still having a chance to win when most others are liberaly using P2W without scruples at all.
Best part of this whole discussion is you saying that members of your fleet have ALREADY PURCHASED the very consoles you're complaining about having to buy. How about yourself? Do you own any consoles to "keep up" or are the other members in your fleet the 1%ers and your a 99%er?
Captain
# 122
11-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindsmygears1 View Post
But I dont have to spend RL money on it. I can grind my ass off for dilithium, convert it, and buy it. While someone else has bought zen to trade for dilithium, I have not. How is the fact that someone has bought something that supports the game that you play for free a bad thing? I'm thankful he's bought zen for me to trade for dilithium myself. I guess by your analogy, the 99% who play for free should expect the 1% that pay for the game to not have any advantage or perks, even if you can have the same advantages through grinding and trading your time for zen via dilithium?

Oh what a grim selfish world we live in.
Simple. Because the one griding the dil to get the stuff uses ALOT of time. And time is money! So the 1% gains in both time saved and funds accumulated since the time is spent towards getting epic gear, which can be sold for a bloody high price which most of the 99% cannot afford.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Lieutenant
# 123
11-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Simple. Because the one griding the dil to get the stuff uses ALOT of time. And time is money! So the 1% gains in both time saved and funds accumulated since the time is spent towards getting epic gear, which can be sold for a bloody high price which most of the 99% cannot afford.
I see. so the 99% cant afford to buy stuff from the store, and the 1% shouldn't buy stuff from the store. gotcha
Captain
# 124
11-20-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Best part of this whole discussion is you saying that members of your fleet have ALREADY PURCHASED the very consoles you're complaining about having to buy. How about yourself? Do you own any consoles to "keep up" or are the other members in your fleet the 1%ers and your a 99%er?
Some have purchased all of it if im not mistaken. Allthough some have, most of us are aware of what we use. We dont need to use every single p2w console there is in the game. We re above that, or atleast i am.

But nonetheless the argument still stands. We are simply keeping tabs with the remainder players who absolutly have to use every single p2w console to actually win in this game.

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Lieutenant
# 125
11-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Some have purchased all of it if im not mistaken. Allthough some have, most of us are aware of what we use. We dont need to use every single p2w console there is in the game. We re above that, or atleast i am.

But nonetheless the argument still stands. We are simply keeping tabs with the remainder players who absolutly have to use every single p2w console to actually win in this game.
You are fond of saying people copy what they see TSI doing. Maybe a lot of players have that crap after seeing some of your members using it?
Captain
# 126
11-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
I see. so the 99% cant afford to buy stuff from the store, and the 1% shouldn't buy stuff from the store. gotcha
Stop twisting my words. You know bloody well what im trying to say, skurf too! Im getting sick and tired of all folks who on death and life has to defend their p2w cause it gives them an advtange they could do without.

The point is that most folks who dont buy stuff can only refine 8k pr day which is virtually little. Then they are at the mercy of the exchange rate pr zen. On top of that the dil they get goes to various stuff like starbase projects, fleet gear, etc etc. So the 99% wont always have access to the great stuff the 1% can buy at anytime. This presents a huge cliff between those who can pay themselves an easy win while the rest must struggle to compete.

Captain
# 127
11-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
You are fond of saying people copy what they see TSI doing. Maybe a lot of players have that crap after seeing some of your members using it?
Im fond? Im saying my fleet cause im defending my fleet from various accusations and attacks. Wouldnt you if it was your fleet being questioned?
Our members using it!? Many of our old core members left because others where using it! They got sick and tired and upset by the fact that so many had to resort to p2w to actually win. Take Era as an example.

OH! And why wont you respond to my post regarding the Intrepid? Cause i finally found a loophole in the valiant defense of p2w stuff? How selective, dont you agree Skurf.

Sometimes i do wonder, and this might sound very elitistic and i apologize for that, is that other fleets and players resort to p2w cause they cant beat TSI the fair way with the skills already ingame. So to have a better chance they abuse all availble p2w for the sole goal of just beating us. The lack of tinkering of skills which we have countless times done and with success, has caused some kind of envy or slacking from the rest, that they expect us to drag some new rabbit out of the hat so the rest can follow suit. If not, its time to roll out every p2w! And as i stated before, we use some p2w to still stay competetive.

Lieutenant
# 128
11-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Stop twisting my words. You know bloody well what im trying to say, skurf too! Im getting sick and tired of all folks who on death and life has to defend their p2w cause it gives them an advtange they could do without.

The point is that most folks who dont buy stuff can only refine 8k pr day which is virtually little. Then they are at the mercy of the exchange rate pr zen. On top of that the dil they get goes to various stuff like starbase projects, fleet gear, etc etc. So the 99% wont always have access to the great stuff the 1% can buy at anytime. This presents a huge cliff between those who can pay themselves an easy win while the rest must struggle to compete.
Except for the impulse capacitance which I no longer use, I dont own any p2w consoles...

Do you run a temporal ship? What did that run you?
Captain
# 129
11-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Quote:
Except for the impulse capacitance which I no longer use, I dont own any p2w consoles...

Do you run a temporal ship? What did that run you?
Good for you.

No i dont run any of the temporal ships nor do I intend to get it. Im very content with my Vesta which is doing a fine job as my Intrepids heir, and i intend to use it as much as i used my trusty Intrepid for the next coming years.

Lieutenant
# 130
11-20-2012, 09:04 PM
lol...I did respond...