Captain
# 91
11-20-2012, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Yes, T3 is basically a death knell for small/mid size casual fleets.
Actually, I think we are tier two heading towards tier three. Either we are hitting some grinding fatigue, or the resource requirements are a little too high. Maybe both.

Last edited by linyive; 11-20-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 92
11-20-2012, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diotw View Post
Dan, having read your follow up comments, I have to say this is the most positive news I've seen since Season 7 was launched. I hope by next month I will be able to fully enjoy all the excellent new content that Season 7 brought in, without having to worry about where all the Dilithium was going to be coming from.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of Tau Dewa, my C-Store Excelsior is unable to transwarp there (it can't transwarp to Zeta Andromida, Gamma Orionis, Pelia, or Orelius either). Any chance that this can be looked at, especially as I specifically bought this ship from the C-Store for the ability to transwarp to any sector.
Good catch - the Excelsior should be able to get to this sector. I'll punt that over to the ship team.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 93
11-20-2012, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Overall some very nice changes. Personally, I think you should have put this post in another S7 Blog on the main site. It shows that you are listening and responding to player feedback (which is a good thing.)
Branflakes has to leave before I was able to get the post finished - he said he is going to get it up as a blog as soon as he can - either tonight or tomorrow.
Captain
# 94
11-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
That should be in the patch notes, but forgot to mention that we are changing the Fleet Action daily to reward 50 Fleet Marks instead of Dilithium now that we're added Dilithium for completing every Reputation Project.

We will continue to add ways to earn Fleet Marks where needed as we continue to monitor the overall economy.
Bad move in my opinion.

I wouldn't mind a reduced Dilithium reward from the Daily, but i'd also like to see Fleet Marks given as an OPTION when accepting the Daily reward. Instead of removing the Dilithium completely from the Daily, let us choose whether we want "50 Fleet Marks" OR "xxxx Dilithium". Obviously, the possibility that players would choose Dilithium (and get Dilithium for Fleet Action Completion) would exist. But it would also allow us as players to choose which reward we desire most at the time.
Empire Veteran
# 95
11-20-2012, 08:37 PM
The changes have my vote and so full of win.

Is there any chance you can have the UI team make a pass on the Foundry search to be paged instead of showing all the missions at once. It can sometime bring the game client to a snails crawl.

The Mailbox has the exact same problem. My game client sometimes lags out from all the mail wanting to show up at once. 20-50 messages per a page would be nice. At least then the mail lag won't be so much a pain in the neck.
Career Officer
# 96
11-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Good catch - the Excelsior should be able to get to this sector. I'll punt that over to the ship team.
Sweet, how about also undoing the last Excelsior nerf (pre-season 6 stats) or finally releasing a Fleet version One of my favorite ships!
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Career Officer
# 97
11-20-2012, 08:39 PM
Quote:
I've been able to increase my staff and for the first time in Season 8 - tackle something awesome and on my long standing engineering report to do list.

If things keep going this way - the team will be able to start knocking off all of the features and content goals we've had since day one. It really is a good time for STO and we hope that with your support - it continues!
That sounds awesome. I can remember some of the lofty goals you had in your engineering reports. Hope we can see them come to fruition.
Lieutenant
# 98
11-20-2012, 08:39 PM
I am happy to see the adjustments being made. However I was sad to see nothing was done to address the growing issue in Doffing concerning the rather negative changes brought by season 7. The officer exchange missions, due to the radical cost increase, have become completely uneconomical and unused considering the limiited capability to refine dilithium resulting in a significant reduction in doff costs on the exchange. Added to this is the elimination of uncommon doffs for starbase missions and the there is now a rather odd looking hourglass shaped pricing structure in doffs. Some commons are costing the same as uncommons or even reaching lower grade rares while very rares continue to be expensive (as they should be). I don't know anyone who has used the general recruitment anymore now that it costs 1/8th the average players dilithium output.

I understand the desire to curb the lottery style doff exchange that was occuring. However it did serve a necessary function by increasing the demand for uncommon and rare doffs resulting in some price normalcy with the grandual increasing in pricing. To restore the demand of midgrade doffs, there are some changes that could be made. First, would be to allow the use of uncommon or rare doffs in shipyard projects would be an effective outlet for the supply. Say 1 uncommon is equal to the provisioning of 3 common doffs and 1 rare is equal to provisioning of 5 commons or something of that nature. Second would be to scale back the price increase on the officer exchange so that it becomes more economical to utilize. Somthing along the lines of common to uncommon being 100 dil, uncommon to rare being 500 dil, and rare to very rare being 1000 dil. I think these changes or something similar is necessary to allow for the value and use of the middle grade doffs.

Last edited by daedalus27; 11-20-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Captain
# 99
11-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Branflakes has to leave before I was able to get the post finished - he said he is going to get it up as a blog as soon as he can - either tonight or tomorrow.
Great job! The full playerbase that visits the website needs to see this. I would say 'I eat my hat, Cryptic is listening to the players!' but I'm saving that so I can say 'I eat my hat, my game is working!'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Starfleet Veteran
# 100
11-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Quote:
To be fair to Jack - he has been the most vocal champion of the changes that you see in this list. He plays STO a lot and always has really good feedback. I just like to blame him for things because he's fun to tease.

If there is anyone that deserves the shame, it is me because ultimately the buck stops here and if something goes live, I approved it.

Luckily, I can also change it

Fortunately, Season 6 (and now Season 7) have been such positive improvements to the game (and the health of the business), I've been able to increase my staff and for the first time in Season 8 - tackle something awesome and on my long standing engineering report to do list.

If things keep going this way - the team will be able to start knocking off all of the features and content goals we've had since day one. It really is a good time for STO and we hope that with your support - it continues!
Regarding future updates, are we going to see Tactical, Science and Engineering Reputation Systems, based off our chosen professions, at some point? It might be a good use of those Sol system maps that have been gathering dust on the shelf.

I'd always wanted to see the following institutions involved more in our characters progression:

Starfleet Security & Starfleet Tactical
Starfleet Corps of Engineers & United Earth Space Probe Agency
Federation Science Council & Starfleet Medical
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 11-20-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Closed Thread