Captain
# 111
11-20-2012, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
finally, the ambassador. in an odyssey like give away huh? well i hope there will be an alternate way to get it after the event, i may make a character later and realy want that ship on it.
Guess where the free Odyssey went after the event? T5 fleet shipyards of course. Guess where the Ambassador might go if it's given away free for a limited time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Imperfection - a prequel to Ashkrik23's Perfection
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Starfleet Veteran
# 112 Thank you!!!
11-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
It is still tough for fleets under 25 players to achieve Starbase goals in a reasonable time. We will look more into this and see if there are other things we can do to help. We've already adjusted the top tier projects down a few times and we may do so even more in the future.
Dan,

That just made my day/night/holiday weekend. Running a small fleet with about 4 active human players (and way too many alts) the strain of trying to get to Tier 3 is great but we are nibbling on it.

The biggest help for us was allowing the Fleet DOffs to be used in the missions. 1.5 million Fleet credits (my main alone) will allowed us to start running the 1000 department XP projects. We are running at about 42,000 in each of the Department Tiers and hope to be able to start T3 upgrades around Christmas.

Two of my active fleetmates would love to be able to get us to T5 shipyard and we will get there (slowly) but any assistance for some of the 5 man fleets would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for listening to the community.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Career Officer
# 113
11-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks for these changes. I'm not nearly as hardcore as some of my fellow captains, but I've been here a while and seen most of the slings and arrows tossed in your direction. I wanted to post only to echo a previous post regarding small fleets. After 'real' life caught up with my fleet mates, I'm basically trying to build a starbase by myself. I know it's going to take a long time, but like the other poster said: I can't just walk away from what I've built - I've got too many doffs in the mortar, too much dilithium, too many ECs sunk to just take my fleet credits and beg into a bigger fleet (not to mention the RP customization that goes in to making the fleet). The problem I'm running into is in recruitment: no one wants to get into a nanofleet now that the big fleets have access to much better equipment.

I don't have the answer to this, but there's got to be a way to help nanofleets keep progressing. The fleet mark bonus pool was nice, but I've got nearly a million fleet credits that are not likely to be spent. Maybe we could have a bonus pool that upped the multiplier - make it more expensive, so that nano fleet players (who have fleet credits to burn) can choose to spend some of those credits to gain more marks. (Same thing goes for dilithium - an expensive multiplier that could be purchased for fleet credits would be awesome.) Alternatively, the ability to convert fleet credits back to some other usable currency would be helpful. I'm not sure if I'm going to be interested in buying a top tier fleet ship when (if) I get my starbase up to the higher tiers, so if I had some way to reinvest my credits now... (maybe a cross-fleet credit exchange, or an easy way to let some of the largess in the larger fleets spill over into the smaller ones)

Just some thoughts. But to reiterate the other poster: Dil (and fleet mark) nerfs really kill the progression of nanofleets... almost to the point of making them impossible.
Lieutenant
# 114
11-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatepwe View Post
What if you had an item crate AND Dilithium and not just one or the other?
Sadly, the "item" is all but useless to a max level player. So it still wouldnt be worth the 45 minutes(minimum).
Ensign
# 115 fleet members not contributing
11-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Heard and understood. It is still tough for fleets under 25 players to achieve Starbase goals in a reasonable time. We will look more into this and see if there are other things we can do to help. We've already adjusted the top tier projects down a few times and we may do so even more in the future.
Well I have a fleet with over 100 (maybe 200) members. Problem is most of them have no clue how to contribute or anything. Any chance you can make a tutorial (in game one) as to how to contribute? Oh and one more thing; it seems like my members are contributing more to the Embassy than the Starbase. I gonna blame it on how they are both in the holdings tab. Can you guys give them two separate tabs?
~FlaZizLLe
Lieutenant
# 116
11-20-2012, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazizlle0 View Post
Well I have a fleet with over 100 (maybe 200) members. Problem is most of them have no clue how to contribute or anything. Any chance you can make a tutorial (in game one) as to how to contribute? Oh and one more thing; it seems like my members are contributing more to the Embassy than the Starbase. I gonna blame it on how they are both in the holdings tab. Can you guys give them two separate tabs?
Um. Are you serious? You could send a fleet wide mail with 4 simple instructions:

1) click the fleet button below the mini-map

2) click fleet holdings

3) click the starbase

4) click on the project you want to donate to

Anyone who cant follow those steps wouldnt be able to follow a tutorial either.
Empire Veteran
# 117
11-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoose666 View Post
Um. Are you serious? You could send a fleet wide mail with 4 simple instructions:

1) click the fleet button below the mini-map

2) click fleet holdings

3) click the starbase

4) click on the project you want to donate to

Anyone who cant follow those steps wouldnt be able to follow a tutorial either.
You'd be surprised how often more subtle aspects of the game slip people's attention

In fact, there was a player who didn't know that the Fleet Action Daily rewarded Dil until it was pointed out in the Tribble patch notes (the one giving out Fleet Marks instead).
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Lieutenant
# 118
11-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
You'd be surprised how often more subtle aspects of the game slip people's attention

In fact, there was a player who didn't know that the Fleet Action Daily rewarded Dil until it was pointed out in the Tribble patch notes (the one giving out Fleet Marks instead).
I understand what your saying, but I'm saying if someone couldnt follow those 4 steps when they were given to them, I'm not sure if anything else would help them either.
Captain
# 119
11-20-2012, 09:12 PM
And i should comment on the changes too. They are good changes. I was hoping these adjustments (especially project times) to be made.
Empire Veteran
# 120
11-20-2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoose666 View Post
I understand what your saying, but I'm saying if someone couldnt follow those 4 steps when they were given to them, I'm not sure if anything else would help them either.
As I understand it, those steps simply aren't obvious to those players. To some, yes, but not everyone.

A tutorial would probably help.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Closed Thread