Survivor of Romulus
# 121
11-20-2012, 09:13 PM
I first thought PWE only wanted money, however the changes brought above proves that you guys actually do make effort to make it balanced and it also shows how closely you monitor the TTS chat and people's concerns.

I'm impressed with your efforts, and they way you've lowered the dil exchange to ~140 with these efforts.

Good one mates, good one.
Career Officer
# 122
11-20-2012, 09:15 PM
Okay, Dan....I know you're a busy guy and all....

...but come on....

....still waiting for you to play my 3-hour Foundry mission!

Back on topic. I like the idea of "career" reputation tiers for the future.

As for Foundry mission length vs. reward given for the dailies...I am in agreement with another poster that suggested that the reward should scale with the difficulty and average completion time of the mission. As stated above, my mission can take around three hours to complete, if the player takes the time to read all of the dialog and explore. Although I could easily have broken the mission up into several different missions, I opted to keep it a feature-length one...this was mainly due to my fear of having a limited amount of mission slots to play with. I'm sure if the reward was more substantial for playing it, I'd see more traffic.

It is refreshing to see new captain skills becoming available! Are we going to see new bridge officer skills in the future as well?

I would definitely like to hear more of your ideas on helping smaller fleets progress their starbases easier. I am dying for those ultra-rare weapons...but unfortunately, with a 10-man fleet, that will be a long time coming.

Last edited by oldlordskull73; 11-21-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Career Officer
# 123
11-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Good catch - the Excelsior should be able to get to this sector. I'll punt that over to the ship team.
Can we have the transwarp conduit Tier III that sends ships to Romulan space (Alpha Centauri, Psi Velorum, and Iota Pavonis) include Tau Dewa as well?

Quote:
Heard and understood. It is still tough for fleets under 25 players to achieve Starbase goals in a reasonable time. We will look more into this and see if there are other things we can do to help. We've already adjusted the top tier projects down a few times and we may do so even more in the future.
In Dev Blog #17 you said Tier 4 and 5 starbase projects had already had dilithium costs reduced 10% and 20% [see quote below]. All the changes in that blog had taken effect but not the dilithium costs -- can you confirm these are still happening and concurrent with the changes that you announced today in blog #20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl
How Dilithium rewards changed in Season 7 to meet these goals

We reduced the amount of Dilithium required for Fleet Holding progression.
Dilithium requirements were reduced by 10% for Tier 4 Advancement Projects and 20% for Tier 5 Advancement Projects. While not many Fleets had yet to obtain a Tier 4 Starbase, this is a significant adjustment from Season 6 project Dilithium requirements to help Fleets complete the last two tiers of their Starbases. We will continue to monitor Fleet progression and adjust if we feel further changes are necessary.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
# 124
11-20-2012, 09:25 PM
LOL, I read dastahl's post as "Holy crap! The natives are revolting!"
And I bet the average Dil income dropped horribly, I know mine did.
Everything monetarily related in S7 just seemed to scream "Hi, I'm here to ruin your day and/or empty your wallet!"

Glad to hear some of the horrible decisions they made are being moderated.

But I still ain't shelling out any more Dil on fleet projects till the crap-storm is over. Especially useless Dil sinks like the Special Projects. 200k for some visual something at a fleetbase no one goes to. yay.

And while I'm on the subject of empty fleetbases. The Officer of the Day mission ain't worth the time to do for 5 fleet marks. Even if the mission was just 'run to guy, say hi, and he hands you 5 marks' wouldn't be worth the transwarp and jog across the fleetbase.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Last edited by dracounguis; 11-20-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Ensign
# 125
11-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymoose666 View Post
I understand what your saying, but I'm saying if someone couldnt follow those 4 steps when they were given to them, I'm not sure if anything else would help them either.
If you ever dealed with my fleet you'd understand. Put simply they need a visual tutorial where it shows them exactly where to go and what to put into the fleet. These are the kind of members that don't even know how to beam out into space until someone it explains it a million times. It really is pitiful...
(Note: I might be exaggerating a bit...)
~FlaZizLLe
Captain
# 126
11-20-2012, 09:27 PM
Dan... you keep this up... you might gain a reputation for actually listening to your player base... (Heres a hint: KEEP THIS UP!)
Commander
# 127
11-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flazizlle0 View Post
If you ever dealed with my fleet you'd understand. Put simply they need a visual tutorial where it shows them exactly where to go and what to put into the fleet. These are the kind of members that don't even know how to beam out into space until someone it explains it a million times. It really is pitiful...
(Note: I might be exaggerating a bit...)
Too complicated. Stick figure drawings, perhaps Or simple flowcharts.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Cryptic Studios Team
# 128
11-20-2012, 09:37 PM
:::throws snowball:::
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 129
11-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
That's not really fair and not representative of our relationship with PW. Yes we have budgets and goals, but they are not involved in our game design. All the changes in Season 7 were Cryptic's doing and we are more than willing to change based on feedback. PW is really not the big bad guys. Jack on the other hand...
Kudos on owning the SNAFUs, but scapegoats are handy little critters...
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Starfleet Veteran
# 130
11-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
:::throws snowball:::
Takes snowball and turns it into Snow Cream.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Closed Thread