Career Officer
# 131
11-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
:::throws snowball:::
<ducks>

Throws Several Cryo-Tribbles back at ya!

Hey TF how about working up and presenting a proposal for a Glommer???

If you're interested of course... many Klingon's would sing your praises to Kahless.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 11-20-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Career Officer
# 132
11-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
:::throws snowball:::
Instigator!!!!!!!
# 133
11-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Lets hope this game will have some "dream loot" to hunt in each PvE mission.Nothing important aslong you wrap it nicely and give it a good icon for inventory

Im still playing terradome hoping to get a borg kit.....
Career Officer
# 134
11-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
Also possibly look at reviving that idea for alt-to-bridge officer conversion. It was mentioned a long time ago. People are going to be focusing less on alts in the game as it is now and allowing people to do something with them would be beneficial, both to players with alts and, I think, your sales.
Yup, my alts just sit at SFA. Hard enough to grind gear for one toon, let alone four. With that in mind, I have very little impetus to buy ships from the Z-store that I would only use for one of my alts. Take the Vesta, cool ship, but not worth $50 for my Sci alt that never leaves Sol.

If not for the Doff system, my alts would probably have been deleted by now. I log on, assign doff missions on my alts, then play on my main. I don't really see anything happening anytime soon to change that cycle.
Rihannsu
# 135
11-20-2012, 09:57 PM
EDIT:
thank you for these updates.

Have to check what the Fleet Action Daily is, though..

Keep up the good work!

Join the premiere Romulan community now!

Last edited by duaths1; 11-20-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Career Officer
# 136
11-20-2012, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
Yup, my alts just sit at SFA. Hard enough to grind gear for one toon, let alone four. With that in mind, I have very little impetus to buy ships from the Z-store that I would only use for one of my alts. Take the Vesta, cool ship, but not worth $50 for my Sci alt that never leaves Sol.

If not for the Doff system, my alts would probably have been deleted by now. I log on, assign doff missions on my alts, then play on my main. I don't really see anything happening anytime soon to change that cycle.
You don't have to buy all three versions...

I plan on just getting the Surveillance Explorer this week when I get paid, for my current toon.
(Liberated BORG Science Officer)

I'd love to be able to buy the Bundle, but this close to Xmas I just can't afford it.

Soooo, I'll get the one now and later on down the road pick up the other two when I can afford them.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
# 137
11-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Seems I have another use for this image: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...1986/faith.jpg

With changes of this kind being made I may even need to change my signature
Starfleet Veteran
# 138
11-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
The number of players that were earning 1440 dilithium on all of their ALTs by running simple Foundry missions (ie - click one thing on Earth Space Dock) and then selling that Dilithium to the exchange, then buying it back on their main forced us to make this change.

If you want the 1440 Dilithium from the Foundry daily - you must play a Foundry mission that "qualifies" - meaning it has to be at least 15 minutes of gameplay.

We've held off on making this change in the hopes that players would police the simple missions and have them removed - but it just didn't happen.

If we had a better solution for the Foundry daily, we would go with it - but for now - Sorry you have to play at least a 15 minute long mission.

We will look into increasing the reward if the average length of Foundry missions that players are playing is greater than 15 minutes - but we're waiting to see if players will stop using these missions as an "easy" way to get Dilithium.
You are correct about some people doing this but alot of people did this to help there fleets and there starbases, and this realy helped the smaller fleets out, so punish every body for what a few do, hmmmmm, oh also your comint on some player feedbacks they need to learn some manners you are correct on this but i have seen some of your dev who could use some manners as well at time and even yourself, i seem to remember w hile back you cussed on the forums, so i guess no one is perfect, we should all think before we speack or leave comints.
Career Officer
# 139
Dan,

Its nice to see the changes coming in the next few weeks prior to Dec, but I do have to ask is that you ask to give feedback to you guys in order that things like bugs and what not not make it into live, but still when feedback is placed... things just continue being the same and still get in even though its eather been posted, and people continue to say something in that specific thread.. so are you guys going to change things around the team and also release things abit further before hitting holodeck to get the nessary time in for a season no less, so bugs are killed and changes like what happened in this perticular season dont happen again. We understand there will be issues but.. this many in this season was abit much... and its been like this since launch.. sorry to say.

Also.. 29th century outfits.. its been on hold for long time. Can we get them in sooner then later pls. Brandon talked earlier that they are almost ready.. we all know to well what "almost/soon/ect" means around here so clarification on when would be nice seeing as you had a trailor posted on these so long ago... know where iam going with this.

And.. to what you have stated on the "upcomming" list. Andorian ship coming in January, thats awsome and we all know how long thats been in the "works" for now so its finally nice to see.. but again.. we are not learning are we, where is the KDF love. I dont have to go back to the times we have to remind you that you have 2 factions in this game... pls start treating the game so, and not soley putting the love to federation pls and ty. Remember the 200 day kdf reward i faught/talked about for so long to get established.. can we get something in jan for the kdf also pls.

Iam loven being back in STO, I dropped TOR.. please dont make me go back lol.

Cheers
Locutus
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx
Empire Veteran
# 140
Thanks Dan for making sure STF loot drops are coming back. My EC reserves have slowly been dwindling since S7 launched for lack of any loot to sell.

One problem I do have though still is doffs and fleet projects. Prior to S7 the system worked well for me in my small fleet. We needed doffs for projects, so a bunch of fleet creds got turned into fleet doffs, which then went into projects.

Trouble is, I can only do that so many times before my roster is bloated with whites and needs to be purged to get the next bunch in the hope of getting the required ones for a project. I purged unwanted white doffs by up-grinding them. This simultaneously made room for more doffs and retained the value of the fleet marks I'd spent on them.

Now, with the absurd doff upgrinding dil price I don't want to do this any more. As Dil is just as important for the 400k Dil worth of fleet projects we need to fund. I'm now stuck with too many white doffs of no value to me or my fleet and no way to get rid of them economically (short of selling >200 white doffs 1 by 1 on the exchange, which just isn't a good solution)

Any chances of having the upgrinding cost returned to previous Dil levels?
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Fleet Corsair, Voth Fighter. Favs - Mogh, Bastion, Monbosh, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Tholian Weaver
Closed Thread