Login

Notices

Ensign
# 41
11-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerodd View Post
Anyone find a work around yet?
Not yet for solo play. I've heard, but not tried, that going as a group will get you through. I just don't know how far or if everyone gets credit.

S'taass is the hangup (using lv 45 KDF). So far I do everything in order including side quests.

Part 1: Disarming Diplomats
1) Talk to S'taass and take all 3 of his quests and complete them.
2) Talk to Capt. Shon
3) Talk to Rugan Skyl and acquire the Kanar
4) Talk to Ambassador Surah and get the Holosuite reservation.
5) Find the missing Admiral and go to the conference.

Part 2: Conference Conflicts
After the Admiral is done talking I follow the mission tracker for who to convince first.

1) Convince Skyl: Use the "What about your family?" dialog to advance to the "Mission Completion" dialog box.
2) Convince Surah: Use the "This isn't about balance, this is about stopping the Borg" dialog to advance to the "Mission Completion" dialog box.
3) Convince Shon: Use the "I thought that mutual protection was one of the tenets" dialog to advance to the "Mission Completion" dialog box.
4) Convince S'taass: Use "You talk about honor. Doesn't your honor require you to fight with all your strength against an enemy like the Borg?" dialog. Go to "Is it honorable to hold back your full strength in a fight?".

From there I haven't been able to get the correct dialog box from the options available. Takes awhile to get to this point so I haven't gone any further yet.

Good luck.

After leaving DS-9 conference room by beaming to ship, I went to Qo'noS and did a different mission. Returned to DS-9 and completed this part of the mission without any problems. Currently working on "Boldly They Rode" with out any problems so far.

Last edited by icefall1; 12-05-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Completed "Conference Conflicts"
Lt. Commander
# 42
11-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Well I found yet another bug for Second Wave.

It has finally let me out of the conference room. Now when I get to the very end in the docking bay and kill the Elder it doesn't highlight the wall hatch and give me the option of returning to my ship. I went back and made sure all the ambassadors followed me to the docking bay and still wasn't able to go back to my ship for the space battle.

Something somewhere is causing this mission to hang up in a few places.
Empire Veteran
# 43
11-25-2012, 05:20 AM
Are you sure you killed the Elder? For me he is missing, so I can't complete the mission because there is no way to kill him...
Ensign
# 44
11-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icefall1 View Post
Not yet for solo play. I've heard, but not tried, that going as a group will get you through. I just don't know how far or if everyone gets credit.
Have not found someone to group for this to see if this works, has anyone tried the grouping work around?
Career Officer
# 45
11-27-2012, 03:27 PM
I read through a bunch of posts on the test server, nothing about Second Wave popped up. I can only assume there is no plan to fix the problem in the next patch/update.
Commander
# 46
11-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter1z9 View Post
Well I found yet another bug for Second Wave.

It has finally let me out of the conference room. Now when I get to the very end in the docking bay and kill the Elder it doesn't highlight the wall hatch and give me the option of returning to my ship. I went back and made sure all the ambassadors followed me to the docking bay and still wasn't able to go back to my ship for the space battle.

Something somewhere is causing this mission to hang up in a few places.
I've had this happen several times running this mission along with significant latency.

I've run several traceroutes and I'm seeing the same lag spikes in the same relay.

Therefore, I surmise given the combination of the two that this may be caused by server latency and the server not properly updating your mission progress.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Lt. Commander
# 47
11-28-2012, 04:27 PM
ok , this "solution " let's you progress with this mission ( both when stuck in conference room and being unable to open hatch ) :

- play the mission until you're passed the entire dialogue thing in conference room ( doesn't matter if you succeed or fail in convincing the delegates ) if you're stuck in conference room : beam to your ship and leave the DS 9 system

- instead of clicking "approach DS 9 " click "continue second wave "You'll be back in conference room but can now leave to promenade . Proceed until it says you have arrived at a new respawn point and then to shipyard . Kill the elder or assault officer and all other foes .I f you cannot open hatch after doing that beam to ship again and leave ds 9 system
- again click "continue second wave " and you should start at the last respawn point ( which should be just outside conference room )
- proceed as before kill elder etc.and you should now be able to open hatch

It isn't an ideal solution but at least enables you to complete it .... trick is when stuck beam out and make sure to also leave ds 9 system an click "continue second wave " instead of trying to continue from inside station

tested on one fed and two kdf toons and working...
Career Officer
# 48
11-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekkart View Post
Are you sure you killed the Elder? For me he is missing, so I can't complete the mission because there is no way to kill him...
Same thing happened to me. I noticed the enemy I was suppose to kill in the shipyard never showed up. After beaming up to my ship and selecting to continue (without dropping and restarting the whole episode) it would usually show up for me.

Hail your new Overlord!
Lieutenant
# 49
11-29-2012, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerodd View Post
Anyone find a work around yet?

Haven't tried the beaming in and out thing yet but I will. This was totally frustrating and I grew more and more despondant as I read through this thread. But afterwards, as I lay losing sleep over it, I thought about the above quote and realized how this bug inadvertantly added more realism to the game than anything else could have.

If you think about the missions of the enterprise, none of them went right. Kirk would call his department heads together for a meeting and ask for "a work around". They had to put their heads together and work the problem, considering all the alternatives because, as Spock says, there are always alternatives. So through this bug we all got to be real starfleet officers for a little while. (well, you all did, I just caught the end of the show on this one). Having said that - I'd really like it if there weren't anymore bugs.