Lieutenant
# 1 Gold Membership
11-17-2012, 04:31 PM
What do we get if we subscribe as gold members? I've looked over the website, and I don't see anything other than veteran rewards. Am I missing something? Also, I downloaded and play the game through Steam. Is it even possible for me to sign up as a gold member, or would I have to re-download the game directly?
Career Officer
# 2
11-17-2012, 05:18 PM
Hi there, have a quick look at this if you haven't already:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/about/fr...eatures-matrix

That details the difference between "Gold" and "Silver" players. There are advantages to going gold and a lot of silver players sub for 1 month to get the benefits of a gold player as some of the benefits will remain after the month is up e.g. the extra inventory space.

Yes you can still be a gold member if you use steam, you just need to log into the your account on the site and go to create/manage subscriptions.

Hope this helps

Last edited by trickster34; 11-17-2012 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Reworded
Lieutenant
# 3
11-17-2012, 06:04 PM
It's a great help. Thank you, Trickster34.
Captain
# 4
11-17-2012, 11:47 PM
To be honest, there really isn't a benefit that you can't get from just spending money in the C-store, so it's not worth the monthly. Even the vet rewards can be purchased instantly with the lifetime membership, although those aren't really worth the money either unless you plan on playing for a few years.

so short term, you're better of with the C-store upgrades, long term you're better off as a lifer.
Career Officer
# 5
11-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Seems like the model is a bit different than originally expected.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-21-2012, 06:30 AM
For me, my main reason for going gold first (before lifetime) was because I really want the game to do well, which I figure the more people who support it means the more likely it will last longer. That I got benefits for being a gold member just made it that much better.
Ensign
# 7
07-22-2013, 02:06 PM
Basically I am considering it but the benifits aren't that great.
Community Moderator
# 8
07-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Hey hey lets leave dead threads dead.

Any thread that has had no response in the past 30 days shouldn't be responded too. If you feel it's needed you are always more than welcome to open up a new thread!

/Closed
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Closed Thread