Career Officer
# 11 Overated gear
11-21-2012, 07:06 AM
Found a good portion of the stuff is overated not just the Romulan gear. Most of seems to be there for you to waste your dilithium.
"Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny
Captain
# 12
11-21-2012, 07:27 AM
So apparently I'm the only one who just assumed that ALL the rewards from the reputation system were bound, just like all the rewards from STF store, and all the rewards from Fleet store...?
Captain
# 13
11-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
So apparently I'm the only one who just assumed that ALL the rewards from the reputation system were bound, just like all the rewards from STF store, and all the rewards from Fleet store...?
You and I both.

Except atm I can't even log in...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Ensign
# 14
11-21-2012, 07:57 AM
So can anyone confirm if all of the items labeled consumable (the hangar fighters, and the Romulan ship/security summonings) are actually consumed with use or are they reusable items?

The price is WAY too high if they aren't reusable.
Career Officer
# 15
11-21-2012, 08:03 AM
I have one hangar already, second one in the making. They are reuseable hangars, roughly comparable to the engery-credit-bought Peregrine hangars from any starbase.

They feature plasma pulse cannons and micro plasma torpedoes. Which means they will be rather not very useful in PvP (where everybody uses as MACO, OMEGA or Borg shield that gives 20% resists vs plasma).

For their price, I would have expected them to be better. But I will certainly check out the higher-tier Scorpions, too, just to have tried it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
11-21-2012, 08:03 AM
If its a scorpion "Hanger" then its a carrier pet. I might run that project to make sure though. Rommie fighters would be a cool addition to my carrier.
Commander
# 17
11-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
I have one hangar already, second one in the making. They are reuseable hangars, roughly comparable to the engery-credit-bought Peregrine hangars from any starbase.

They feature plasma pulse cannons and micro plasma torpedoes. Which means they will be rather not very useful in PvP (where everybody uses as MACO, OMEGA or Borg shield that gives 20% resists vs plasma).

For their price, I would have expected them to be better. But I will certainly check out the higher-tier Scorpions, too, just to have tried it.

yes, Scorpion fighters are a hanger bay item, not a consumable,
worth getting if you like them.

the Security team and reinforcements are a consumable items not worth
getting at tier 1,
Career Officer
# 18
11-21-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
For 10k Dilithium + 30 Doffs I'd expect them to be the Purple Very-Rare variants - I mean, their flat fee from the Dilithium store is only 30k - lord knows how much better ones are going to cost through the rep system.

And since prices are still in flux as Cryptic make changes, I'd strongly advise people not to buy anything for a few weeks since if they do reduce the costs, I highly doubt you'll get any kind of rebate.
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Career Officer
# 19
11-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Yeah. Due to general skepticism towards anything new from Cryptic, I soon realized I would NOT start a fighter project. the only thing of interest was the Romulan pistol. -being a pistol-person. I doubt I will ever use it though. i strongly believe I will continue to use the fleet sonic dual pistols for a while longer. Those, and a Tsunkatse can opener is sweet enough for me.

I like the addition of a rep-system. -if only it wasn't made in to a completely useless dil/doff-sink. No thankyouverymuch. I'll continue to fill the starbase sink, but anything else goes onto the 'meh'-list.
-Doon't get me started on that embassy-thing. I still scratch my head over that one. Are there anyone out there actually dropping their dil into that one?
Vice Admiral Kerayz of the Federation of Misfits.
Captain
# 20
11-21-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Unless these pets are unique among pets, they do 90% of their damage with their torpedoes, not their energy weapons. So the plasma pulse cannon being reduced by the plasma resist on the shield isn't going to hurt their performance an appreciable amount. And plasma torpedoes do kinetic damage with the main impact. The burn effect completely bypasses the shield.