Commander
# 1 Scorpion fighters Feedback
11-20-2012, 03:39 PM
:: Scorpion hanger bay fighters ::

My thoughts, i've been using the scorpion fighters the last 2 days.

the one thing that bothers me is they fly so dam slow and get shot down easy.
there suppose to be assault fighters but they fly to slow
to be assault type of fighters.
and they seem to stick to the targets hull like power siphon drones
when there suppose to be more maneuverable, keeping them selves on the move
so they dont get shot down.

Side Note:: Scorpion fighters consumable item needs its cooldown to about 1 minute,
not even worth using since the cooldown is 5 minutes long.
Captain
# 2
11-21-2012, 10:01 AM
Running To'duj fighters and Scorpions side by side on ISE to check performance. Both fighters have the same cooldown and were launched as quickly as possible (about 12 seconds per flight for me) to keep their numbers up. The DPS figures should be taken as relative metrics and not absolute.

TO'DUJ
Pulse cannon = 149 DPS
Photon torpedo = 1166 DPS
Total DPS = 1315

SCORPION
Pulse cannon (includes burn) = 130 DPS
Plasma torpedo (includes burn) = 906 DPS
Total DPS = 1036

Executive summary: Unless you really really like seeing things trailing wisps of green fire, stick with your To'duj for basic torpedo spam. Peregrines are functionally identical to To'duj.

A very disappointing unlock, given the cost of these pets.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
11-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by momaw View Post
TO'DUJ
Pulse cannon = 149 DPS
Photon torpedo = 1166 DPS
Total DPS = 1315

SCORPION
Pulse cannon (includes burn) = 130 DPS
Plasma torpedo (includes burn) = 906 DPS
Total DPS = 1036
I presume these figures include Plasma Burn DOTs?

Can you provide me with the logs you used to arrive at these figures, by chance?
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Lt. Commander
# 4
11-21-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Can you provide me with the logs you used to arrive at these figures, by chance?
Also: what is the raw and what is the net damage? I have a feeling as if plasma procs could potentially be an issue in PVP because they circumvent shields (and thus for the first time provide actually useful damage in PVP). In PVE the proc is obviously not a problem because shield tanking is not an issue.
Captain
# 5
11-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Silly Borticus, I wrote "includes burn" in the post.

The log analyzer I'm using throws both the burn and the kinetic of plasma torpedoes into the same bin. The burn from the pulse cannons was tallied separately but I threw it into the pulse cannon figure (not that it made much difference).

Worth pointing out that I was only looking at hull damage. If you include shield damage (which I generally don't because my carrier generally turns OFF the shields of whatever I'm fighting), it's slightly more even. The Scorpions apparently run more power to their gun than the To'duj do, scoring 222 shield+hull DPS to the To'duj's 170 with pulse cannons alone. But they still don't pass the To'duj fighters in total damage which is kind of a problem considering one costs 5K credits and the other costs 10K dilithium and 30 doffs...

But here's the log if you'd like to pore over it. No doubt you folks have some tools of your own for this sort of thing. I'd be interested to see your comments if you come to any.
http://momaw.kikaimegami.com/STO%20c...%20Ussgrth.zip
Empire Veteran
# 6
11-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote:

What is so comical about the way carrier pets were "revamped" is that a pet with dual cannons or better does less damage than a players turret with no weapons power behind it rofl. I just kind of find it funny how one would want a pet in this game unless it does serious projectile damage makes your job kinda very hard if thats all you can offer in variety is just the kinetic/projectile damage of a pet being that the obvious stated energy damage output is really sad in its own right.
Career Officer
# 7
11-21-2012, 11:59 AM
it is pretty sad. on my tactical, I had 6 advanced peregrine fighters attacking a tactical cube while I kited it away from the group (someone pulled a few of them in the new STF). I stayed at 15+KM away from the cube and the fighters were all behind it, they never penetrated its shields. Every now and then the facing they were attacking would drop to yellow, or occasionally the phaser proc would disable the shields, but all 6 of them combined, their dps was just horrid. Other than the Klingon BOP pets and the shield repair pets, I just don't see any of them being worth the effort.

I'm not saying the pets need to be able to take on a cube while I sit back and watch, but they're hardly effective. Realistically, I would expect them to be on par with the equivalent player shuttles base dps wise.
Empire Veteran
# 8
11-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
I just don't see any of them being worth the effort.
Torpedoes. It's my job to lower the shields, but I like the 2-4k damage per torp they do.

It's weird to see that bue pets with a regular plasma torp do less damage than a blue regular pet with micro torps though. I'd expect a lot more dps from regular torps. Isn't it a tooltip error?
Captain
# 9
11-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
It's weird to see that bue pets with a regular plasma torp do less damage than a blue regular pet with micro torps though. I'd expect a lot more dps from regular torps. Isn't it a tooltip error?
Not so weird. I'm looking at around 3500 damage per torpedo from the To'duj fighters. The Scorpion's plasma torps hit for around 3000 kinetic plus ~70 per second for 10 seconds. But photon torpedoes have a 6 second reload time and plasma torpedoes have an 8 second reload time, so the cloud generates more photon torpedoes.
Career Officer
# 10
11-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Ah, nice! Great post, thank you ^_^

I'm working towards them right now, and am looking forward to trying them out. To be honest, I'd rather they start off a little underpowered and get buffed than to start off overpowered and get nerfed, even if the end result is the same.
Updated 2/11/13! Buying Zen with Energy Credits | Upgrading Duty Officers without Dilithium.
Q&A Presents: Maui Online! My friends' radioshow/podcast Computers, with occasional forays into astronomy.