Lieutenant
# 11
11-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Yay! yeah nerf another thing to make other stuff atractive to get!!!

let original Season 7 patch ON for these guys please
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
11-21-2012, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glxtrader1 View Post
Yay! yeah nerf another thing to make other stuff atractive to get!!!
[...]
So you would prefer if they buffed everything else instead? How should the fleet shields be buffed, then, in your opinion?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Captain
# 13
11-21-2012, 02:00 AM
One of the best benefits of the fleet shields (for the people using them) is that the damn reactive shielding buff icons clog up their buff tray to the point where if I have someone pinned, I can't see what the hell else they're running. FML

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Empire Veteran
# 14
11-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
One of the best benefits of the fleet shields (for the people using them) is that the damn reactive shielding buff icons clog up their buff tray to the point where if I have someone pinned, I can't see what the hell else they're running. FML
You can SNB all that stuff off I believe.

Captain
# 15
11-21-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
EDIT: To OP, I use some of the Fleet [Spd]/[Turn] engines and they're really nice. The best [Spd] ones even outclass Omega by a fraction, IIRC. Hopefully when I get my hands on the Elite upgrades it'll be even sweeter.
Are you comparing the MK XI Omega Hyper-Impulse Engines to the MK XII Advanced Fleet Hyper-Impulse Engines [turn]x3 [spd]?

If so, the MK XII Omega get a slightly higher speed than MK XI. The same as the Fleet engines.

The higher MK gives you a slight, unlisted bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacepenguin121 View Post
For engines there are two really nice options, the Hyper Impulse [Spd]x3 [Turn] and Hyper Impulse [Spd] [Turn]x3. I like the [Spd]x3 option better since they are the fastest engines in the game and there are more alternatives for boosting turn rate.

For deflectors you can get some nice mods, including boosts to accuracy, threat control, or hull repair. I've been going with the Positron Deflector with boosts to targeting systems and threat control. I believe there are some fleet deflectors that boost graviton generators and/or particle generators, but I wasn't really looking for those options, so I'd need to check again to be sure.
There are alternatives to a higher turn rate, and I use all of them (1x purple mk XII RCS console + Tachyokinetic Converter). Even still, I chose the turn rate over the speed with the Fleet engines. I like having a higher impulse speed, but I find a higher turn rate is just as, if not more, important as impulse speed.

As for the Fleet deflectors, I wasn't as impressed. It seemed like the Omega and MACO deflectors had higher stats or more of them than the Fleet versions.