Lt. Commander
# 1 tactical console
11-21-2012, 08:13 AM
I'm having trouble arranging my tactical console. I want to put everything I use regularly (to survive a fight and to deal some damage) on the top and the navigation, thruster, damage control and whatnot in the middle row and have batteries and buffs on the bottom row.

As it stands right now, they're all over the place and there are some blanks. I can't drag and drop like it says I should be able to.

Also, I don't like how the "fire all" button is so close to the row up/down toggle. When I go to fire, I find my mouse pointer is actually over the toggle and I'm wondering why I'm not firing. I'll then have to take the time to get back to the row I wanted.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
11-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Press P and make sure the box isn't checked to lock your bars.
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Nope, they're not locked

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...1/notlcked.png

I can't drag and drop anything. I wish I could put them all back and start over.
Career Officer
# 4 HUD display
11-21-2012, 09:40 AM
interesting HUD set up - if you're trying to move them around using the try and not the list that pops up when you press P you have to use the right click and drag, not hte left click. From the pop up P you can use the left click.

Also - if you are computer inclined, I would suggest reading the STO Wiki for key binds, that way you have less clicking with the mouse - can bind the fire all weapons with distribute shields and anything else you like all to the space bar (or any button you choose).

As for a fleet - search around the fleet I belong to L.O.D. is always looking for new memebers, however I don't know if we meet your requirements. msg me in game if you're interested @franc275
Career Officer
# 5
11-21-2012, 10:37 AM
This is one of the things that drives me crazy. Whenever I upgrade a weapon or system, the tray changes on me. I use my left side buttons (two of them) for my 1 and 2 (also sometimes just use 1 2 and 3) as my firing buttons, but almost always I get into a battle and then suddenly realize I forgot to change the tray after last leaving a Starbase, so I spend the first part of the battle struggling to find the right keys. If this happened once or twice, I'd be fine with it, but it happens A LOT.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franc275 View Post
interesting HUD set up
Can you tell me how it's interesting? I don't know where to put stuff...

Some move, some don't. I don't get it.
Career Officer
# 7
11-21-2012, 11:29 AM
1. Always use Right Click with "P" open- Certain actions that can be performed will try to activate with left click. With the Lock Tray "unchecked" and using right click for everything you should always be able to move it.

2. I have all my fore and aft weapons in a hidden bar due to the fact i have them highlighted in green(auto fire-right click in place to set-like your row 1 box 3 looks) Although after Season 7 for some of my ships I had to bring the Weapons Box back to my HUD in order to set them on auto fire(green bordered slot). Once I tag a target and hit space bar once, all weapons auto fire and continue to after cool downs so no need to use "all weapons fire". Can use for other mufti-tasking skills

3. If you don't want to do #2 "check" the Lock Tray once you have your skills where you want them that way if you are off the fire all button and hitting the cycle button nothing will move.

4. If you change your BOFFs in any way your skills will move. i.e. move from second slot on ship to third slot; moving the same BOFF to another ship and not putting back into the same exact position they were in on original ship. Found it easier to have set BOFFs for each ship - less rearranging of skills in Tray. The tray is set to the current configuration of the ship and inventory when placed on tray slot: any change to location of BOFF or consumable changes location in tray because the link between that slot and skill/consumable has been lost

Last edited by thanatus72; 11-21-2012 at 11:44 AM.