Ensign
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 52
11-21-2012, 03:12 PM
We've reenabled the ability to play Foundry missions! Jump in-game now and use your mission journal to find Foundry missions. We hope to have editing/creating back up next week, and then reviewing shorty after that.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 53
11-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We've reenabled the ability to play Foundry missions! Jump in-game now and use your mission journal to find Foundry missions. We hope to have editing/creating back up next week, and then reviewing shorty after that.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
YAY I won the bet
Survivor of Romulus
# 54
11-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
any word on new doff pack ?
Captain
# 55
11-22-2012, 06:04 PM
OK, so... the Foundry missions are available again, and this is a good thing.

And the new change, where only some of them qualify for the Officer Reports mission, is now live... and this is, fundamentally, also a good thing, because those "click the panel three times to get dilithium" things were, well, a bit of a cheek.

But... I've just spent more than an hour trying to get through two Foundry missions, and in both cases it wasn't possible, due to a bug - a missing NPC contact in one, a non-responsive waypoint marker in another.

So I had to drop them both, and didn't get to complete my Officer Reports today... which makes me make my "sad puppy" face, and which also makes me wonder if this sort of thing needs to be dealt with.

I mean - it's frustrating for me (because I don't get to finish the story), and it's frustrating for the Foundry developers (because I don't get to see how good their story is, and if reviewing were available, I would be marking them down for having a non-finishable mission), and it's a strong disincentive to using the Foundry, because I only have a limited amount of time to spend on STO, and spending that time on stuff I don't get rewarded for - well, I would be better off doing STFs or hitting New Romulus, wouldn't I?

It does look rather as though some bugs have crept into some Foundry missions, because the two I was trying have been around long enough to collect a substantial number of (mostly positive) reviews, which they wouldn't get if they didn't work.

But this has always been an issue, especially if (as I do) you try the relatively untested missions on the "Review Content" tab... because a lot of those don't work properly. So, you can wind up spending a darn sight more than 15-20 minutes on a Foundry mission, and get nothing out of your efforts, because of bugs, or poor design, making them impossible.

Now, I'm not entirely sure what could be done about this, but I feel inclined to say that Something Should Be Done. Anybody got some constructive ideas as to what?
Captain
# 56
11-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Well, you're not getting the cheek, you're now getting the opposite end. Those did serve a nice purpose when one spent all that time and got hit with a bug, they could make up the time on the quick ones. After reading how bugs can screw you, no interest in playing Foundry missions now.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Captain
# 57
11-26-2012, 09:07 AM
OK, now, enough is enough.

I've just tried three Foundry missions in succession, all of them well-received, with reviews in the tens of thousands... and only one of them was finishable; the other two were both bugged, with NPC objectives or enemy groups vanishing from the maps.

Even if there weren't any gameplay rewards involved (beyond the pleasure of exploring new content), this would still be incredibly frustrating - very little is more frustrating than a story you can't finish or a puzzle you can't solve.

Guys, you seriously need to revisit this maintenance timeline, with a view towards maybe taking the Foundry missions offline again until these bugs are found and killed. That would be my suggestion.
Commander
# 58 Spotlight missions have suffered
11-26-2012, 09:35 AM
I've been trying the "Spotlight" Foundry missions.
I can't believe that these had been Spotlighted due to the number of problems I've been having.

Objectives not completing. The NPC not turning up. Very laggy. Map / enviroment rendering very laggy, so you see the room being constructed and populated around you.

On "The Longing", I can't even get the 1st "Enter Orbit" objective to complete. Very frustrating.
Survivor of Romulus
# 59
11-26-2012, 10:00 AM
I recomend avoiding the foundry altogether until it can be fixed.

Just played through my missions.. and.. well... I have npc groups/contacts and a few props going missing.
Career Officer
# 60
11-26-2012, 12:28 PM
I hope you guys realise that bugged Foundry missions is normal after a new season is released. Sadly because Foundry editing is turned off just now, people can't fix their missions, that's why they keep comments disabled for now so people wont rate unfairly on missions which have been broken by the patch and can't be fixed until Thursday at the earliest.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
Problem with your power tray? Try this, it worked for several of my characters.
Click for Stats
Closed Thread