Empire Veteran
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 186
# 321
11-21-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
So there is plenty to look forward to in Season 7 and we thank you for continuing to share your feedback and comments with us. Thank you for the both the kudos and the criticism (although some of you need to learn some manners).
Here's a thought Dan, why don't you practice what you preach?

When the STF dilithium reward disappeared between Tribble & Holodeck, your response was to throw the development team under the bus. Do you think that's displaying good manners?

All the dilithium reward changes are supposedly there to rebalance the game and make it easier for the little guy but even after the STF climb down it doesn't feel like you've achieved this. Wouldn't it be good manners to explain exactly what it is you are trying to do? Such as "We're aiming for x dilithium per player per hour" and then back it up with a little hard data to show any progress towards that goal. And if you find you are moving further away from the goal, admit you are getting wrong, after all that would only be showing good manners.

You also annoyed a large number of people with the changes Doff system, wouldn't it be good manners to explain the reason for the change? From the outside it looks like a very crude attempt to further monetise part of the game. However if there was a real reason, a real problem to fix, if you'd shown some manners and explained the problem who knows someone in the community might have come up with a more sensible solution or at least been less annoyed about the changes.

And then we have Wednesday's patch which caused problems for a large number of players. Wouldn't it just good manners to apologise for any inconvience caused, when these kinds of problems arise?


Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
...some of you need to learn some manners.
There's a saying about glasshouses and stones that I can't quiet remember.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 919
# 322
11-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorga113 View Post
Here's a thought Dan, why don't you practice what you preach?

When the STF dilithium reward disappeared between Tribble & Holodeck, your response was to throw the development team under the bus. Do you think that's displaying good manners?

All the dilithium reward changes are supposedly there to rebalance the game and make it easier for the little guy but even after the STF climb down it doesn't feel like you've achieved this. Wouldn't it be good manners to explain exactly what it is you are trying to do? Such as "We're aiming for x dilithium per player per hour" and then back it up with a little hard data to show any progress towards that goal. And if you find you are moving further away from the goal, admit you are getting wrong, after all that would only be showing good manners.

You also annoyed a large number of people with the changes Doff system, wouldn't it be good manners to explain the reason for the change? From the outside it looks like a very crude attempt to further monetise part of the game. However if there was a real reason, a real problem to fix, if you'd shown some manners and explained the problem who knows someone in the community might have come up with a more sensible solution or at least been less annoyed about the changes.

And then we have Wednesday's patch which caused problems for a large number of players. Wouldn't it just good manners to apologise for any inconvience caused, when these kinds of problems arise?




There's a saying about glasshouses and stones that I can't quiet remember.
tbh i think you are asking more than they are willing to give
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,641
# 323 Upcoming Changes to S7
11-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Quote:
The Reputation System, including the STFs are getting some major changes over the next two weeks. Here is a rundown of what is going to happen over the next several Holodeck updates.

Omega Conversion Crates can be opened immediately. You will no longer need to achieve T3 in Omega Fleet to open these.
Reputation XP Project timers are dropping from 40 hours to 20 hours across all Tiers. If you have a project in progress, it will not change, but any new projects after the update will be adjusted. We are also looking into adding the ability to drop a project.
All XP Reputation Projects (projects that reward progress towards your next Tier) will now grant 240 Dilithium (on average) upon completion. If you complete 4 XP Rep Projects a day, you should earn about 960 Dilithium per day from it. These are in addition to the Marks to Dilithium conversion Projects. Once you've completed a Reputation System, these XP Projects will go away, but the Marks to Dilithium conversion projects will remain.
Reputation Projects that convert Marks to Dilithium are being moved from unlocking at T5 to being available immediately. This allows you to convert Omega Marks and Romulan Marks to Dilithium similar to how you could trade STF items for Dilithium previously.
Loot drops are getting added to STF mobs as well as to bosses.
End of STF Loot Rolls are returning. There will once again be a chance to earn special rewards at the end of STFs or Romulan Mark events. These special rewards will be Bonus marks, Borg Neural Processors, or other items needed for Reputation rewards.
Reputation Advancement Projects (the ones that unlock each tier) are having their timers reduced from 1 hour to 15 mins. and we are removing Dilithium inputs from these Tier Up projects.
The amount of commodities needed for Romulan Reputation projects is being reduced due to the lack of drops on New Romulus. We will be adding more drops to New Romulus in the future either through enemy kills or daily missions.
All Reputation Projects are being changed so that you need to claim the reward upon completion. This puts it in line with how Duty Officer assignments work so you can see the rewards you are getting from each project.
Ok...

So basically they are now going and giving instant gratification, and ALSO reducing costs. I think the only thing I approved of while reading this was the return of loot drops to STFs. The rest, especially the part with the reputation system, has left me with a feeling of disgust.

Somebody, ANYBODY, explain to me why reducing the amount of time it takes to tier up in the rep system is a good thing? How does that foster commitment to the game, and teach us to be patient and EARN our rewards? How does that NOT go in the direction of instant gratification? Please. Convince me.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,231
# 324
11-21-2012, 07:46 PM
- thread merge made the post redundant -
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
Sign up here:
www.bushrangers.net

Last edited by jkstocbr; 11-21-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,641
# 325
11-21-2012, 07:50 PM
I hate it when they do that. THERE WAS A REASON I POSTED IT IN THE BLOODY GCF SUBFORUM...
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,960
# 326
11-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Are you saying you liked waiting forty hours to make any progress at all?

I don't disagree with the patience aspect, but how can you defend forty hour cooldowns? Twenty is perfect, since it doesn't alienate me or anyone else who has the time from playing a little every day. On forty hours I have to wait two days before I can move on, and that's stupid. Waiting a whole hour just to advance a tier was stupid, too. Fifteen minutes is also stupid, but at least it's a lot shorter. The way I see it, if I have the xp to tier up, let me pay the cost and, y'know, tier up.

These changes hit the nail on the head regarding Rep progression. If that upsets you, oh well.
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 890
# 327
11-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post

In January we'll be releasing an Andorian Ship on the Federation side to be quickly followed by the STO 3 Year Anniversary Event. This special celebration will be released with a new one-off Feature Episode. If you were at the Star Trek convention in San Francisco this last weekend, Denise Crosby would have you believe that this episode is going to be all about Tasha Yar and Sela. We'll see... anything can happen.

Working title: Yar's Revenge.

It'll be a shuttle mission. You have to pick holes in a massive energy shield while dodging attacks from the enemy within... and send back telemetry to aim the giant cannon.

*runs like hell*
-------------
ISE ISE Ba-bee. "If you got the Borg yo... I'll solve 'em check out this shot while my torpedos dissolve 'em"
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 657
# 328
11-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Time for a STO Season 7 Update

Greetings!

Not everything is sunshine and roses, though. As we mentioned in previous posts, we continue to monitor the Dilithium economy reaction to the changes in Season 7 and as previously stated, we will be making some additional adjustments which we feel will address issues that have been discussed. Some of those changes are going to happen in an update tomorrow (Wednesday Nov 21) and some of them are going to happen in the following week's update on Nov 29. If we feel more changes are necessary after that, we will certainly make them because our goal is to keep the game balanced while ensuring that players are having fun. Even though we've managed to get more Dilithium into more players hands, we agree that STF runs and Dilithium have been a challenging change that needs to be addressed and we are going to continue to do so.

Our end goal has always been to put more Dilithium into the hands of the average player. The above changes should help get us there and put more Dilithium back into STFs.

Daniel Stahl
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
Expenditures of Dilithium has increased and we still have a refining cap of 8k/day

There was nothing wrong with Season 6, it should NOT have been "fixed".
I'll grind STF's for Dilithium because that's the best part of STO, now.
Will I give PWE more of my REAL money?
For...?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 192
# 329
11-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorga113 View Post
Here's a thought Dan, why don't you practice what you preach?

When the STF dilithium reward disappeared between Tribble & Holodeck, your response was to throw the development team under the bus. Do you think that's displaying good manners?

All the dilithium reward changes are supposedly there to rebalance the game and make it easier for the little guy but even after the STF climb down it doesn't feel like you've achieved this. Wouldn't it be good manners to explain exactly what it is you are trying to do? Such as "We're aiming for x dilithium per player per hour" and then back it up with a little hard data to show any progress towards that goal. And if you find you are moving further away from the goal, admit you are getting wrong, after all that would only be showing good manners.

You also annoyed a large number of people with the changes Doff system, wouldn't it be good manners to explain the reason for the change? From the outside it looks like a very crude attempt to further monetise part of the game. However if there was a real reason, a real problem to fix, if you'd shown some manners and explained the problem who knows someone in the community might have come up with a more sensible solution or at least been less annoyed about the changes.

And then we have Wednesday's patch which caused problems for a large number of players. Wouldn't it just good manners to apologise for any inconvience caused, when these kinds of problems arise?




There's a saying about glasshouses and stones that I can't quiet remember.
Well said.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 324
# 330
11-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Otherwise I would hope that the quote in my signature would point to the opposite for the future of teh KDF fan.
I gotta love your eternal optimism, Roach, but you know how skeptical us KDF types are (with some justifiable reason I might add).

I hope your right, I really do. Just one season of no Fed content at all. In any way shape or form. The Fed rage would give me months of comedy reading.
But until I see hard cold details which are guarenteed (so the patch notes the day before the patch) I'll not get my hopes up.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:38 PM.