Captain
I've been doing the New Romulus Reputation system. Upon hitting T1 Rep a few days ago, you get a interesting mission which leads to a cut scene. A bit of a spoiler, an unknown party brings it your (character's) attention. I've trying to future out who that part could be. And I've come up with a possibility who that could be. I think that "Future Man" from Enterprise has made his appearance in the game.

There is fan speculation that "Future Guy" may be Romulan. "Future Guy's" allegiances seem very mercurial. The third party that brings the cut scene to your character's attention can be taken to be for or against the parties depicted and can be seen to be favorable towards your character. The Suliban home world nearby also ties into it being "Future Man". The Tholian's presence in the sector and their temporal shenanigans, nay, most all of the temporal shenanigans in the game points to it possibly being "Future Man".

Last edited by lordfuzun; 11-21-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Where is I get "Future Man" from??
Career Officer
# 2
11-21-2012, 07:23 PM
Interesting, but I don't see that being him.

I view "Future Guy" as one of those Anti-Federation fanatics that blamed the destruction of Romulus on the Federation and was determined to destroy the Federation before it even started.

Second, if Cryptic ties in the Iconian plot with the Temporal War (which I heard rumors recently), I could also see him as one of the Romulan agents that was given the time projection ability. (This is also connected to the Battle of Procyon in which they opened a gate to the future, which eventually the KDF and Federation ended up following to stop them).

So it wouldn't be logical for him to be aiding the Federation or the Klingon Empire to restore the Romulan Empire.

(Also, Future guy supposed to be in the 28th Century, not the 25th).

With recent talks about Sela, never know it could be one of her Agents. Or someone else we know in the STO storylines. Section 31? Maybe Slamek returns and this is his way of redeaming himself? (Or maybe he was working undercover?)
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
11-21-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
A bit of a spong, an unknown party brings it your (character's) attention
Spong? I was never handed anything, or directed anywhere. I just noticed by accident that there was a Task in the mission tracker to view the hidden camera.

Hmmmm
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Rihannsu
# 4
11-21-2012, 07:57 PM
I have to agree with Fuzun... It seems possible, but we need more evidence to be sure.

Future Guy LIVED in the 28th century, what is to stop him from contacting peeps in the 25th century?

The idea of the Sphere Builders as the Iconians or an ally of the Iconians is an interesting one.... but I don't see any need for it. Or historical evidence.

Future Guy was an instigator, trying to tip the balance of the Temporal Cold War in his favor. What his goals were is unclear though. He actually HELPED Archer almost as much as he tried to hinder him. It does seem that the writers were at least thinking about making him a Romulan though.

One interesting pooint to consider is that when Daniels accidentally changed the timeline by shifting Archer completely into the 28th century, Future Guy wasn't around to talk to the Suliban anymore. Hmmm.... Interesting indeed..... Maybe if Archer hadn't stopped the Sphere Builders when he did they would have wiped out the Romulans?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
11-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Hmm.. sounds like you might need to get to the next tier to get more clues if these theories are right or not
Captain
# 6
11-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Also, Future guy supposed to be in the 28th Century, not the 25th).
I didn't say "Future Guy" physically here or from this era. I guess it would have been said he's made his influence felt in the game.

Quote:
With recent talks about Sela, never know it could be one of her Agents. Or someone else we know in the STO storylines. Section 31? Maybe Slamek returns and this is his way of redeaming himself? (Or maybe he was working undercover?)
Section 31? No really their style. If they draw you into one of their plots as one of their agent, they make sure your know it. Sela or agent there of? Not with Sela being help by the Iconians. And this doesn't seem like the Iconian style either. Slamek? He doesn't see to be mastermind material nor smart enough for that for of thing.
Captain
# 7
11-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
Spong? I was never handed anything, or directed anywhere. I just noticed by accident that there was a Task in the mission tracker to view the hidden camera.

Hmmmm
Spong. Well that a bit of a freudian slip. It's the name of a bit software I used update and support. I've typed "spong" so many times, beyond even muscle memory.
Captain
# 8
11-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
Hmm.. sounds like you might need to get to the next tier to get more clues if these theories are right or not
Gah! You tease!! Now I must know more than ever.

I'm working on it. Let see....

1) Invent time distortion drive.
2) ....
3) Profit!!
Career Officer
# 9
11-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
I didn't say "Future Guy" physically here or from this era. I guess it would have been said he's made his influence felt in the game.
You said:
Quote:
I think that "Future Man" from Enterprise has made his appearance in the game.
The way you said that sounds more he did it himself than him using an agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
Section 31? No really their style. If they draw you into one of their plots as one of their agent, they make sure your know it. Sela or agent there of? Not with Sela being help by the Iconians. And this doesn't seem like the Iconian style either. Slamek? He doesn't see to be mastermind material nor smart enough for that for of thing.
As Stahl said, we will find out shortly.

But to discount Section 31 automatically is rather limiting, because they are a secret agency, and while their apperances in Star Trek always like "here we are", Cryptic can change it around to having them operate in the shadows again. And leaving a secret message in leaking information is just what agencies like the CIA and Mossad do.

And Sela wasn't working with Iconians, she was against the Tal Shiar, who works for the Iconians.

And don't discount Slamek, its very plausible to have him as an agent given his circumstances. We seen similar plots in spy movies for generations.
Rihannsu
# 10
11-21-2012, 11:51 PM
it is Tal Shiar all along.

At least i would do it if i were in