Ensign
There's been a ton of talk about the dilithium economy, as well as preventing dilithium exploits. Personally, I don't mind the changes that have been made so far, but there's been a lot of backlash against anything that makes it take longer to earn your daily dilithium.

My question is this: Would you be willing to accept an account-wide daily dilithium-refining cap if it meant that they could loosen up the restrictions a bit?

What number would you be willing to accept as the limit?
Captain
# 2
11-21-2012, 10:53 PM
I believe so, but the people who have bought a bajillion character slots and leveled them would likely rage.
Ensign
# 3
11-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
I believe so, but the people who have bought a bajillion character slots and leveled them would likely rage.
Good point...

What about separate limits? You could have a 2k character limit, plus a 6k account limit (for example, not necessarily those numbers exactly). If you refine 8k with one character, then you can only do 2k with each additional character. This way you can still get some extra dilithium out of your alts, but it won't be balance-breaking if a few ways of getting quick dilithium happen to remain in-game.
Captain
# 4
11-21-2012, 11:27 PM
are you crazy we all ready have a cap 8,000 per day this game is all ready messed up we do not need it to be messed up any more.not trying to rage.

Last edited by xcom43; 11-21-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Career Officer
# 5
11-21-2012, 11:33 PM
I see this as a fair compromise, seeing as the speed at which you can get ore has been pulled back.

Just raising it 1000 would be a good place to start, the cap was meant as the great balancer in the first place, something to keep the economy in check, but at this point they have gone and reduced the ore gains.
Career Officer
# 6
11-21-2012, 11:51 PM
This is a proposal by a PWE employee to further squeeze players for cash. Simple as that.

The very fact such an outrageous proposal is being floated by a sock puppet shows that PWE has already made up their mind to do just this to remove alternatives to buying Zen. They'll do this, in the next few weeks, then point at this post and say "well players demanded it".

Also lol @ sock puppets with single-digit post counts. Do does any real player really think that anyone is going to hop on the forums and out of <10 posts they decide to talk about ways to nerf the economy and squeeze $$$ from players?

Last edited by aestu; 11-21-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
11-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
This is a proposal by a PWE employee to further squeeze players for cash. Simple as that.

The very fact such an outrageous proposal is being floated by a sock puppet shows that PWE has already made up their mind to do just this to remove alternatives to buying Zen. They'll do this, in the next few weeks, then point at this post and say "well players demanded it".

Also lol @ sock puppets with single-digit post counts. Do does any real player really think that anyone is going to hop on the forums and out of <10 posts they decide to talk about ways to nerf the economy and squeeze $$$ from players?
I sincerely hope its a PWE account, how sad would it be if an actual player was suggesting such nonsense?

Edit: The recent S7 debacles were clearly aimed at reducing Dil in player's hands, so its not out of the question some dev has taken it as his personal crusade to prove that the changes to reduce Dil really ARE somehow supported and that all the backlash was just a handful of crazy forum folks! lol. That's about the only way someone suggesting an account Dil cap would make sense.

Last edited by skyranger1414; 11-22-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Captain
# 8
11-21-2012, 11:59 PM
People with alts are already raging. They took away the "exploit" of the console clickey missions, and they halved ESTF rewards. Now they even took away the dilithium "daily" mission. Maxing out 3 characters took a big chunk of time in season 6, now it's a full time job. I laid in as big a stockpile of dil as I could before season 7 hit, and once that's gone I kind of doubt I'll ever buy anything with dil again.

They made dil a little easier to get for casual players and utterly annihilated it for hardcore multi-character players. Simple as that.
Career Officer
# 9
11-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Only if the account cap scaled according to the number of toons on the account. 8000 per toon.
Career Officer
# 10
11-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
I sincerely hope its a PWE account, how sad would it be if an actual player was suggesting such nonsense?
"Take my money! Please! All of it!"