Career Officer
# 11
11-21-2012, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jexsamx View Post
Only if the account cap scaled according to the number of toons on the account. 8000 per toon.
This. Otherwise the original poster's suggestion has no merit.
Captain
# 12
11-21-2012, 11:40 PM
There are two problems with changing over to an account-based dilithium cap.

1. Dilithium is character-bound, not account-bound. Certainly, it can be 'traded' between characters through the dilithium exchange, but the currency itself is still per-character.

2. There are severe scaling issues with additional characters("alts"). Switching over would effectively butcher the sales of additional character slots - something I'm sure the majority of people who invest in STO do. Currently, dilithium prices in the game are scaled per character, not the entire account. I shudder to think of the community's backlash if this change happened without adjusting the price of every dilithium item in the game..
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
11-21-2012, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
This. Otherwise the original poster's suggestion has no merit.
this is sort of how it is already......i could careless about having an account wide dilth access because i just transfer it all to my main...where i would convert it all at once to zen points or better yet...support my fleet.....after supporting craptic (until the fix the bugs with s7 this is their name ) by buying zen points

but i wouldnt mind having a way that doesnt make me feel like im cheating the system.....even though everyone with alts knows about this

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p

Last edited by cynder2012; 11-21-2012 at 11:57 PM.
Captain
# 14
11-21-2012, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
This is a proposal by a PWE employee to further squeeze players for cash. Simple as that.

The very fact such an outrageous proposal is being floated by a sock puppet shows that PWE has already made up their mind to do just this to remove alternatives to buying Zen. They'll do this, in the next few weeks, then point at this post and say "well players demanded it".

Also lol @ sock puppets with single-digit post counts. Do does any real player really think that anyone is going to hop on the forums and out of <10 posts they decide to talk about ways to nerf the economy and squeeze $$$ from players?
You are absolutely ridiculous.
Captain
# 15
11-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
I sincerely hope its a PWE account, how sad would it be if an actual player was suggesting such nonsense?

E
Here's a little course in Logic 101.

When you have people manipulating and exploiting a system, it hurts the players who don't manipulate and exploit the system.

In particular, players who game the dilithium system by having a bajillion alts are the reason for things like adding dilithium costs to Doffs, reducing easy dilithium sources, reducing dilithium faucets, increasing dilithium sinks, and the devaluing of dilithium in general .

Now please go back to school and leave the heavy thinking to the folks who can figure out that 2+2=4

Last edited by xantris; 11-22-2012 at 12:02 AM.
Captain
# 16
11-22-2012, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by szerontzur View Post
2. There are severe scaling issues with additional characters("alts"). Switching over would effectively butcher the sales of additional character slots - something I'm sure the majority of people who invest in STO do. Currently, dilithium prices in the game are scaled per character, not the entire account. I shudder to think of the community's backlash if this change happened without adjusting the price of every dilithium item in the game..

Depends on the cap. You could set it to a point that supports 2-3 characters , which would eliminate the folks who have 6+ characters and are gaming the system.
Career Officer
# 17
11-22-2012, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Here's a little course in Logic 101. Now please go back to school and leave the heavy thinking to the folks who can figure out that 2+2=4
Condescending talk from forum workers because this outrageous PWE cash grab doesn't have a leg to stand on.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
11-22-2012, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
Here's a little course in Logic 101.

When you have people manipulating and exploiting a system, it hurts the players who don't manipulate and exploit the system.

In particular, players who game the dilithium system by having a bajillion alts are the reason for things like adding dilithium costs to Doffs, reducing easy dilithium sources, reducing dilithium faucets, increasing dilithium sinks, and the devaluing of dilithium in general .

Now please go back to school and leave the heavy thinking to the folks who can figure out that 2+2=4
Yeah, well here's some common sense.
Don't fix what isn't broken.

PWE already got a taste of player rage over the recent dilithium tinkering.
Imagine what will happen if PWE gets all nazi about it.
Captain
# 19
11-22-2012, 12:35 AM
I think the OP is right .Make a account limit that way 10000 zen will be 1 dilithium which will be great for small fleets which spend real money on dilithium.

look yourself for a facepalm pic because this trolling thread is not smart enough to make me waste my time looking for one.
Captain
# 20
11-22-2012, 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianm63 View Post
I think the OP is right .Make a account limit that way 10000 zen will be 1 dilithium which will be great for small fleets which spend real money on dilithium.

look yourself for a facepalm pic because this trolling thread is not smart enough to make me waste my time looking for one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
Yeah, well here's some common sense.
Don't fix what isn't broken.

PWE already got a taste of player rage over the recent dilithium tinkering.
Imagine what will happen if PWE gets all nazi about it.

It was broken, that's the point.