Captain
# 191
11-21-2012, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
let me recommend some station powers. first of all, no EPtS, and 2 crappy ET1. your not going to have much successes if you don't have EPtS on all the times.

TT1, TS2
EPtS1, RSP1, AtS2
EPtS1

JS1, HE2, TB3, GW3
ST1, TS2

this will basically do what your build does now, but better. should keep you alive better and allow you to attack better. AtS2 and HE with high aux will hep your hul healthy, and TSS, ST, RSP and EPtS1 will help keep your shields nice and strong.

with TB3, i would suggest 1 TB doff, wile the TB is on you will drain shields, against targets with little power insulators quite a bit. with GW, you should also equip a GW doff or 2. the other doffs can be BFI, or anything else you would find useful.
Given that you have absolutely no tactical damage-increasing consoles, your damage is going to be extremely low. I would recommend that you give up the Shield Emitter and Ablative armour, shift the Tachyokinetic Converter and the Borg Console there, give up Subspace Jump, and fit three antiproton consoles in there instead.

Unless, of course, you plan to do nothing but crowd control.
Career Officer
# 192
11-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Given that you have absolutely no tactical damage-increasing consoles, your damage is going to be extremely low. I would recommend that you give up the Shield Emitter and Ablative armour, shift the Tachyokinetic Converter and the Borg Console there, give up Subspace Jump, and fit three antiproton consoles in there instead.

Unless, of course, you plan to do nothing but crowd control.
once I have some zen, i'll be able to do the modifications needed for the doffs.

Yes. That was obvious when I used the ship with what I had listed My intention was to make it more a jack of several trades, but end up not being able to attack with any significant outcome.
And yes, I'll install weapons-energy consoles.
I was just unclear on one thing, should I replace the ablative armor with neutronium?? Or did you imply that I should install, for example the converter in the science slot, and the borg console in an engineering slot??
Captain
# 193
11-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
once I have some zen, i'll be able to do the modifications needed for the doffs.

Yes. That was obvious when I used the ship with what I had listed My intention was to make it more a jack of several trades, but end up not being able to attack with any significant outcome.
And yes, I'll install weapons-energy consoles.
I was just unclear on one thing, should I replace the ablative armor with neutronium?? Or did you imply that I should install, for example the converter in the science slot, and the borg console in an engineering slot??
If you want to keep both the Tachyokinetic Converter and the Borg console, yeah, put the converter in a science slot, and the borg console in an engineering slot. I suggested removing Ablative and Shield Emitter because they are somewhat less useful IMO than Field Generator and Neutronium. 2 Neutroniums is generally enough, given a good set of BoFF abilities, such as that given by dontdrunkimshoot.
Captain
# 194
11-22-2012, 12:52 AM
This is more of a general question - than a specific one - in regard to the reputation system and the new DOFFs.

Would you trade off - or - would you build up - what you're doing based on such things?

If you could get more defense, would you add more defense or would you look to add more offense elsewhere because of being able to have more defense (or flip it with offense/defense)... or am I giving too much credit to the rep system and new DOFFs?
Rihannsu
# 195
11-22-2012, 02:35 AM
Quote:
wells/korath

this is a torpedo boat build for ether of these ship

3 plasma torps, 1 beam array, tric mine, harpang

TT1, TS2

EPtA1, RSP1, EWP1,
EPtS1

ST1, HE2, FBP2, GW3
TB1, TSS2

equipment

borg/khg deflector
borg/khg engine
borg/maco/khg shield

consoles

borg, tipler Cylinder, iso

4 particle generators

3 plasma torp consoles

doffs

2 damage control doffs, 2 torp doffs, 1 GW doff

FBP, EWP, GW, ISO, they all have thier damage buffed by particle gens, so you will want that maxed with this build. also a strong GW hold from graviton is recommended too. you dont need weapons energy with this build, but want max aux, and the rest into shields. this should set people very on fire, and deal a lot of shield bypassing damage. FBP2 should be a strong deterrent with that much aux and particle gens backing it, and GW3 and EWP1 will be excellent holds with thier own extra damage as well. with the tractor beam and grav well, a person should not be able to dig them selves out of all that plasma, early burning off of HE will likely doom your target.
very similar to SVRs new flagship just two things about consoles. If you have the ferengi lobi console that will up your kinetic dmg considerably, I'm very happy with the results so far.

In another thread some guys tested the effect of Tac consoles on the DoT from plasma torps/mines. Now i also was convinced that particle generators are the way to go.....but the former plamsa energy weapon consoles "ambiplasma something", so they say after testing, supposedly increase the dot. COuldn't do tests myself, yet, but this might be intersting if you have 7 consoles boosting your proc . Do the plasma torp consoles also boost DoT, i n know for certain that they didn't use to?

Full Maco goes well with this as well, the 3set bonus adds another kinetic dmg thingy
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Empire Veteran
# 196
11-22-2012, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
very similar to SVRs new flagship just two things about consoles. If you have the ferengi lobi console that will up your kinetic dmg considerably, I'm very happy with the results so far.

In another thread some guys tested the effect of Tac consoles on the DoT from plasma torps/mines. Now i also was convinced that particle generators are the way to go.....but the former plamsa energy weapon consoles "ambiplasma something", so they say after testing, supposedly increase the dot. COuldn't do tests myself, yet, but this might be intersting if you have 7 consoles boosting your proc . Do the plasma torp consoles also boost DoT, i n know for certain that they didn't use to?

Full Maco goes well with this as well, the 3set bonus adds another kinetic dmg thingy
actually, the word is that plasma energy damage consoles do increase the plasma dot on EWP and torps, maybe plasma energy weapons too. maybe i should edit that build and recommend plasma energy consoles, see this is what happens when i make theory builds, not ones i have exhaustively flown and optimized.

its almost worth building a super plasma beltching ship with that just so your dot is highest. for a wile now, i have been considering doing that, maybe when i can unlock the reman set. might make a post with the build later. it would have to be on a fleet ktinga, the closest thing to a romulan ship in game. 3 plasma DHC, and a plasma torp up front. 3 particle consoles and 3 plasma energy consoles. evil, the dot will be legendary.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 11-22-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Rihannsu
# 197
11-22-2012, 03:28 AM
Quote:
actually, the word is that plasma energy damage consoles do increase the plasma dot on EWP and torps, maybe plasma energy weapons too. maybe i should edit that build and recommend plasma energy consoles, see this is what happens when i make theory builds, not ones i have exhaustively flown and optimized.

its almost worth building a super plasma beltching ship with that just so your dot is highest. for a wile now, i have been considering doing that, maybe when i can unlock the reman set. might make a post with the build later. it would have to be on a fleet ktinga, the closest thing to a romulan ship in game. 3 plasma DHC, and a plasma torp up front. 3 particle consoles and 3 plasma energy consoles. evil, the dot will be legendary.
Holy cow i think you just sold me on my first fleetship
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 198
11-22-2012, 07:23 AM
I can confirm that both torpedo and energy plasma consoles increase the dmg from plasma proc

I did use plasma turrets, torpedos and EWP on my Ktinga a while ago. Worked nicely.

Last edited by rudiefix1; 11-22-2012 at 07:26 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 199
11-22-2012, 11:17 AM
maximum plasma ktinga

1 rom plasma torp, 3 plasma DHC, 1 experimental rom beam, 3 plasma turrets

TT1, CRF1
TS1

EPtA1, AtB1, RSP2, EWP3
EPtS1, AtB1, DEM2

TB1, HE2

my complete post buff AtB findings

equipment

borg deflector
borg engine
maco shiled

consoles

borg, temporal, leach, zero point

3 plasma infused particle gens

3 plasma energy damage

doffs

3 purple tech doffs, 2 projectile officer

for causing plasma DOT, this is one of the best platforms. very maneuverable, 2 AtB capable, room for 3 particle consoles, and the plasma energy weapon consoles buff all plasma dot from any source, from EWP, the energy weapons, and the torps. DEM is extra hull damage too, and is buffed the same time your energy weapons are buffed.

the point of the plasma torps is simply to deliver proc then anything else, and with TS on that rom torp you will be fireing lots of them, especially with projectile doffs procing. EWP3 is about as buffed as you can possibly make it, and the rom rep tier 5 active power can make it even hotter. with the rom 3 part set, that beam attack is extremely deadly when you stack plasma procs on someone.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus

Last edited by dontdrunkimshoot; 01-20-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Captain
# 200
11-22-2012, 04:30 PM
Quote:
maximum plasma ktinga
TS and CRF look pretty key, but you could drop one of those for the Corsair or the Fleet Corsair and run scorpion fighters for their dots.

Fleet would mean dropping LtC Eng for LtC Sci, which gets you an extra particle generator. Guess I would drop ET and move to EPTS 1 maybe.

Edit: Actually Fleet means dropping to Ens Eng so non-Fleet would probably be better for double A2B.

Last edited by redricky; 11-22-2012 at 05:12 PM.