Captain
# 31
11-22-2012, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
Get the B'rel....

I'm personally very unhappy with my Vesta....

It's a decent ship don't get me wrong.... just one of its bonuses (the hangar bay) is severely gimped...

I wish they had told us when they released the spec for the ship. It can launch fighters once every 55 seconds.... the animation also only allows you to launch one fighter roughly every 3 seconds....

Huge difference to the Kar'fi's 30 second Fighters CD, and launches them all at the same time. Same goes for the Recluse, HEC, and Orion Flight Decks... the Vo'Quv has timers based on Aux levels so I'm not counting it....

It's also not a bug and intended... you're better off getting a Recluse or HEC if you want a carrier Fed side...

I knew buying a Fed ship would bite me in the ass.. lol
Other than the hangar issue, does it combine science and tac gameplay well? I'm pretty much considering it as an offensive ship for my scientist, and a science ship for my tac captain... For me, the cannons drew my interest, combined with the ltn cmdr universal slot. The hangar issues I could live with, if these other things were good. Fed hangar vessels are inferior to BoP's and Fer'Jai anyway, in terms of cool.

I could do most of the things I would do with the B'rel with the Hegh'ta, except from a sci/kinetic lurker approach. Which would be very interesting, but of limited value in PvE, I suspect.

I'm really enjoying the Far'fi, btw. Best buy to date. ^^

Last edited by twam; 11-22-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Career Officer
# 32
11-22-2012, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
Other than the hangar issue, does it combine science and tac gameplay well? I'm pretty much considering it as an offensive ship for my scientist, and a science ship for my tac captain... For me, the cannons drew my interest, combined with the ltn cmdr universal slot. The hangar issues I could live with, if these other things were good. Fed hangar vessels are inferior to BoP's and Fer'Jai anyway, in terms of cool.

I could do most of the things I would do with the B'rel with the Hegh'ta, except from a sci/kinetic lurker approach. Which would be very interesting, but of limited value in PvE, I suspect.

I'm really enjoying the Far'fi, btw. Best buy to date. ^^
If you're willing to carry Aux or Weapons batteries it can do fine as an offensive science ship. I wouldn't worry about the Aux Cannons... its a novelty and gimps dps IMO...

If you run high Aux.. multiple cannons will hurt your science powers.. it will also affect any energy weapons you're running aft..

I'm doing on my Vesta what I did on my Kar'fi... power into weapons > shields > aux > engines.... I pop an aux battery for when I use GW3 and let my weapons and pets do the rest....

This is my current ship setup:

Fore Weapons: Chroniton Dual Beam Array, AP DHC (Borg), Chroniton torp MK XII(Purple)

Aft Weapons: AP Turretx2, Temporal Torp* (Cutting Beam)

Deflector: Maco Deflector* (Adapted Maco Deflector)

Engine: Borg Engines* (Adapted Maco Engines)

Shield: Borg Shield* (Maco Shield)

Devices: RMC, Aux Batteries, SFM

Eng Consoles: Neutronium Mk XII(Purple), Tachyokinetic Converter, Subspace Jump

Science Consoles: Field Generator Mk XII(Purple), Borg Console, Theta Console, Isometric

Tactical Consoles: AP Mag Regx3 Mk XI(Blue) (Working on purple MK XII)

Hangar Bay: Advanced Peregrine Fighter's (Considering Shield Repair Drones)

(*) Changes that will happen once I get my Rep high enough
---------------------------------------------------------------

and yes... the Kar'fi is IMHO the best carrier in the game...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Captain
# 33
11-22-2012, 03:21 AM
Good stuff, cheers.

I'm fine with popping batteries, I was mostly wondering whether the sci/tac combination was indeed as nice as it was on paper. I got full weapon loadouts in various types back before the stf-conversion, so plenty to play around with there.

It's just the first fed sci ship that can carry DHC's (I think), and the 4 tac consoles of the tactical version seemed like something I could use. I'm running the Wells, currently, with two DBB's, a chroniton torp and turrets, and, while it is nice, the extra tac console and DHC's should make a difference.

I'll give it some thought (and then probably end up buying it, partly because I don't see my Klingons flying anything else than the Kar'Fi and mirror Vor'cha anytime soon).

The cutting beam is something I'm looking at as well, it'll be interesting to see how that one meshes in with my builds.

Thanks for thinking along
Career Officer
# 34
11-22-2012, 04:02 AM
aka: Spend all your Zen before the new ship comes out........
Captain
# 35
11-22-2012, 06:47 AM
Well, thanks.

Been waiting and accumulating Zen on all my toons since the last sale (now on to deleting older, lower tier ships to make place...).

Note to Devs: KDF ships! You even had to use the Bortas'qu image on the front page because there's been no other in-game buyable ship since. There's need for some.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 36
11-22-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post

Note to Devs: KDF ships! You even had to use the Bortas'qu image on the front page because there's been no other in-game buyable ship since. There's need for some.
That shot through my mind too

Wasnt that like 6months ago? >.>

memory time.. feb = 2year anni.. 9months ago, but the varients didnt pop out straight away?
Career Officer
# 37
11-22-2012, 08:54 AM
I'm really curious about the production cost for making a ship for the game. I would gather making full missions for 1-20 levels would cost a ton more. I'm not asking for KDF 1-20 content, we'd blow through those too quick to be worth the time and cost.

Are the projections for how much a KDF ship would make in sales so much lower than production cost?
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Career Officer
# 38
11-22-2012, 11:45 AM
The cstore page doesn't seem to want to open in any browser anymore. =/
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Career Officer
# 39
11-22-2012, 02:26 PM
I was planning on picking up a few ships in the sale, but I've decided that since we Europeans are being done on Zen prices, I'm not buying any more Zen until PWE get their act in gear and stop charging us more money for less Zen.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 40
11-23-2012, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
I was planning on picking up a few ships in the sale, but I've decided that since we Europeans are being done on Zen prices, I'm not buying any more Zen until PWE get their act in gear and stop charging us more money for less Zen.
Same here. No more Zen purchases for me until I get an explanation of the why the cost of Zen for non-US players is higher for less actual Zen.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...71&postcount=8

Thats a Vesta pack and perhaps a few fleet doff packs that they wont be selling to me. I really want the Vesta but I'm not getting ripped off for it.
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster attitude upgrade - Installed *
Closed Thread