Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Captain
# 31
11-22-2012, 03:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aestu View Post
What's it to you? What's your angle here?

You're sure putting a lot of energy into championing PWE.
I'm just trying to stamp out stupid. I gave you clear and concise reasons as to why not having an account cap hurts the average player, and you blather on about forum conspiracies like a damned nutcase. Which one of us really has an agenda?
Lieutenant
# 32
11-22-2012, 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alnakar View Post
There's been a ton of talk about the dilithium economy, as well as preventing dilithium exploits. Personally, I don't mind the changes that have been made so far, but there's been a lot of backlash against anything that makes it take longer to earn your daily dilithium.

My question is this: Would you be willing to accept an account-wide daily dilithium-refining cap if it meant that they could loosen up the restrictions a bit?

What number would you be willing to accept as the limit?
Go for it... I still won't spend a dime of real money on this game. You people simply do not get it, you can nerf every single source of dilithium possible and it will not change the real world monetary outcome for PWE.

STO is F2P for a reason... it failed as a game 2 years ago and was unable to support a post-paid subscription model. Spare me the nonsense about F2P being the wave of the future, institutional investors are not going to toss money at these developers based on a what if or unproven potential revenue streams.

F2P = being on LIFE SUPPORT for an MMO, period.
Captain
# 33
11-22-2012, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
I'm just trying to stamp out stupid.
I hope you're a professional gymnast. Because if you're not, it's going to be really hard for you to stamp on yourself without that amount of flexibility.
Captain
# 34
11-22-2012, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joker8me View Post
F2P = being on LIFE SUPPORT for an MMO, period.
Ever heard of World of Tanks?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...digit-millions

Current holder of the Best MMO Golden Joystick.
40 million registered users.
Record-breaking 500,000 concurrent users.
Free to play since launch.
Survivor of Romulus
# 35
11-22-2012, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre80 View Post
i think having huge amount of characters per account, farming dilithium is exploit plain and simple and one big reason why cryptic and pwe made huge fails of trying to cut dilithium from other sources. so i think somekinda cap would be in order.

When did using the in-game mechanics suddenly become "exploitation"?
If someone has the time/energy to log in to the game and play 10 characters in 1 session, PWE should be thanking them.

Not to mention 5 players with the free 2 character slots will make the same amount of dilithium (per character) as the guy who PAID for the 8 extra slots.

Farming dilithium is the norm now thanks to PWE and Season 7.
If they're trying to increase revenue, THEY'RE DOING IT WRONG.
Rihannsu
# 36
11-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
the OP is asking, would you accept having the per character cap raised to say 10'000 or 12'000 but having a total cap per account of say 20'000 or 30'000. changing the restrictions by giving us something on one end and taking away on the other. its just an idea.

you dont have to agree with the idea (and neither do i) but just because someone suggests an idea does not mean it some pwe employee.

people with less characters (who the Op probably falls under) would benefit but people who have multiple characters or grind a lot would not benefit. if everyone hates the idea then fine, but there is no harm in asking a question of people thoughts. you dont have to go all conspiracy theory on everyone.
hmm, i have 12 chars now (3FED, 9 KDF), actively playing 3 or 4. somehow i hit the cap pretty fast on 2 of them, and i get the 2k from contraband on 9 of them. ( i really do like experimenting with builds, traits, etc)

that is 18k + 18k dill daily on account - 4 . 32k

analysis - if they introduce a per account dill of.. whatever ... 30k, ill be OK with that, leaves me more time to do foundry, or just jerk around.

on the other hand, there may be people who need the Dill for fleet stuff, which will just overcome the obstacle by creating 3 accounts.

for me, it would mean playing only my 2 main toons and doing a hell more of PVP, cause that is the thing i like here most. after that comes foundry. i would not create new accounts.

would also like to have the 30k limit set per account, so i do not have to switch toons.

BRING IT!

Join the premiere Romulan community now!

Last edited by duaths1; 11-22-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Career Officer
# 37
11-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths1 View Post
analysis - if they introduce a per account dill of.. whatever ... 30k, ill be OK with that, leaves me more time to do foundry, or just jerk around.

Yeah, screw playing the game! Let's just give PWE our money and log off!

And while we're at it, let's post in green, to make our posts stand out so PWE's ideas sound like they actually came from the playerbase and not paid posters!

The real player BEGGING to give PWE money doesn't exist. The only way this suggestion could come from a real player is under the condition already suggested, which is that the accountwide cap = 8k x number of character slots. Obviously, that isn't the case, what is really going on is forum workers are trying to convince the playerbase to accept what PWE has already decided to do.

Yelling EXPLOIT EXPLOIT EXPLOIT doesn't make that real either. PWE pounded Dil earnings into the ground and vastly raised costs because that was what they were looking to do, bleed players' earnings to get them to spend $$$. Anyone throwing that word around is doing nothing but trying to justify PWE's cash grab and is just another forum worker.

Last edited by aestu; 11-22-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Captain
# 38
11-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantris View Post
In particular, players who game the dilithium system by having a bajillion alts are the reason for things like adding dilithium costs to Doffs, reducing easy dilithium sources, reducing dilithium faucets, increasing dilithium sinks, and the devaluing of dilithium in general.
As Mr. Stahl told us himself the average player was refining less than 2000 a day. Clearly, hardcore farmers are an extreme minority.

The basic problem here is that dilithium is time-gated and nothing else really is. If you give me a choice between working on a reward that I can ONLY earn now, and one that's available any time, guess which one I'm going to max out? Making dil easy to get means I then have more time, once I've got my dilithium, to play everything else which doesn't give dilithium. Easy dil = more variety. The obvious solution to my mind is to make everything give a relevant amount of dil, but apparently they do not feel that way.

Last edited by momaw; 11-22-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Rihannsu
# 39
11-22-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:

Yeah, screw playing the game! Let's just give PWE our money and log off!

And while we're at it, let's post in green, to make our posts stand out so PWE's ideas sound like they actually came from the playerbase and not paid posters!

The real player BEGGING to give PWE money doesn't exist. The only way this suggestion could come from a real player is under the condition already suggested, which is that the accountwide cap = 8k x number of character slots. Obviously, that isn't the case, what is really going on is forum workers are trying to convince the playerbase to accept what PWE has already decided to do.

Yelling EXPLOIT EXPLOIT EXPLOIT doesn't make that real either. PWE pounded Dil earnings into the ground and vastly raised costs because that was what they were looking to do, bleed players' earnings to get them to spend $$$. Anyone throwing that word around is doing nothing but trying to justify PWE's cash grab and is just another forum worker.
- i like green

- do not fck with me, im blond (this is a threat)

- you see, cryptic made an error by allowing 46 (have read this) toons per account.
so you can just get 46* 2480 Dill for a daily lore and contraband. EVEN if this OP post is a paid post/customer research, everybody does see the exploit in this. you don't?

i understand there are people which are ABLE to play 10 hours a day, but this is not healthy and these people are not working. They are also getting everything for free.

Stating a daily limit does not take this opportunity away from them , cause they can create more accounts and still get their fleet going.. or it just slows them down.
Which is a good thing. Why?

Because people which do not have the dollar and are in DESPERATE need of dill ( like you seem to be) do not pay this game to stay alive. People like me do.

I am a 930 days veteran, played from day 1. Bought Zen Ships, Zen stuff, costumes for my FED's even I do not play them, buying almost everything KDF ship has to offer just to show DEV's that we, KDF players CARE. Having 12 toons is not the grind for me, but the opportunities. I plan on buying a lifetime the next time a offer will be around.
Yes, now, after S7 hit us.

Because i think the changes are for good. Systematic. Yes, they hurt an average grinder. But the 21st / yesterday's patch changes have justified this for me. The game has system now, a focus, to build on.

Go grind while you can.

EDIT: and this is this kind of green i use

Join the premiere Romulan community now!

Last edited by duaths1; 11-22-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-22-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
This is a proposal by a PWE employee to further squeeze players for cash. Simple as that.
Either that, or you just got trolled.

Ridiculous conclusions aside, I can actually see Cryptic implement a daily account refinement cap at some point. However, a lot of people bought extra character slots in part (or entirely) to farm more dilithium, and be able to refine more of it each day. However, with the console clickies rendered ineffective, this isn't nearly as much of a 'problem' as it used to be.