Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,141
# 41
11-22-2012, 02:38 PM
The best thing you can do for your monthly zen is make a note in a calendar and track them so you know when you're next due.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
# 42
11-22-2012, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
The best thing you can do for your monthly zen is make a note in a calendar and track them so you know when you're next due.
No, the best thing would be for them to have an account history showing when the stipend was payed like other games with similar systems do.

The customer should not be expected to have to keep track of a system to keep the company honest
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 416
# 43
11-22-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaele501 View Post
No, the best thing would be for them to have an account history showing when the stipend was payed like other games with similar systems do.

The customer should not be expected to have to keep track of a system to keep the company honest
Why not? I keep a checkbook registry to make sure the bank is honest. Why should this be any different?
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
# 44
11-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravin View Post
Why not? I keep a checkbook registry to make sure the bank is honest. Why should this be any different?
You mean your bank doesn't show you an account history? Get a new bank

Seriously, if you can't come up with a decent example then go home and try again.

As far as I can tell, I have not received my stipend for 3 or 4 months (been busy with work and other things so haven't been playing much). And others on this forum have had a similar problem with no real answer from Cryptic or PWE so the more this is brought to the attention of the players with no response shows how little PWE thinks of subscribing members (not just those who buy Zen) is especially relevant after the big push they had on lifetime sales.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 45
11-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaele501 View Post
As far as I can tell, I have not received my stipend for 3 or 4 months (been busy with work and other things so haven't been playing much). And others on this forum have had a similar problem with no real answer from Cryptic or PWE so the more this is brought to the attention of the players with no response shows how little PWE thinks of subscribing members (not just those who buy Zen) is especially relevant after the big push they had on lifetime sales.
We've actually responded on the forums almost each time a thread like this has come up. Search for posts by Rehpic or myself

You can inquire about your stipend by sending in a support ticket or emailing directly: customerservice@perfectworld.com -- I will say that every time we've looked into a stipend issue, when the player was a lifetime or gold member, we've never found someone to have missed it. It's an automatic process. With the Dilithium Exchange, and C-Store items that have prices below the stipend amount, I personally have thought I missed one but I had forgot I purchased a couple Master Keys and converted some for Dilithium.

If you're a monthly gold subscriber, it comes in on or around 30-days past the day when your bank last hard posted the subscription charge (moved from pending to posted). This can happen at anytime during the day. Lifetime subscribers (who have been subscribed for at least 30-days), will get it on or around the day of the month when your bank hard posted the original lifetime subscription charge (moved from pending to posted).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 790
# 46
11-22-2012, 05:10 PM
I think got mine on time last week
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
# 47
11-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We've actually responded on the forums almost each time a thread like this has come up. Search for posts by Rehpic or myself

You can inquire about your stipend by sending in a support ticket or emailing directly: customerservice@perfectworld.com -- I will say that every time we've looked into a stipend issue, when the player was a lifetime or gold member, we've never found someone to have missed it. It's an automatic process. With the Dilithium Exchange, and C-Store items that have prices below the stipend amount, I personally have thought I missed one but I had forgot I purchased a couple Master Keys and converted some for Dilithium.

If you're a monthly gold subscriber, it comes in on or around 30-days past the day when your bank last hard posted the subscription charge (moved from pending to posted). This can happen at anytime during the day. Lifetime subscribers (who have been subscribed for at least 30-days), will get it on or around the day of the month when your bank hard posted the original lifetime subscription charge (moved from pending to posted).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

thank you for the response, I have sent that email address a request and will see what the response is.

As for your comment about searching for Dev responses, for me at least the dev tracker will not advance past the first page so any responses not on that page are hidden and useless.


I also have never sold any Zen on the exchange, only bought so that rules that out as the problem, and having a history of those actions really helps keep track of things... just saying.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 734
# 48
11-22-2012, 05:29 PM
I can vouch that I've seen several threads like this and each time a dev investigated it the stipend was in fact paid on time (hint: it happens on the same day each month). It would probably stop people from posting threads like this if Cryptic/PWE had some kind of way to track stipend payments, in a similar manner to when zen is purchased and deposited in various games.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18745 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Career Officer
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 63
# 49
11-22-2012, 05:41 PM
One aspect people don't seem to realize, is the payout isn't on the same day for everyone. Its not like 1st of the month, every gets their stipend.
Some people may have their on the first or last day of the month (for example) and make a smartarse announcement in Zone chat; other players then check theirs to find its not been paid, and start complaining lol

Its based on the date which your payment was cleared by your financial institute, not a specific system chosen day.

My Lifetime stipend has been like clockwork.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 8
# 50
11-22-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirricwin View Post
One aspect people don't seem to realize, is the payout isn't on the same day for everyone. Its not like 1st of the month, every gets their stipend.
Some people may have their on the first or last day of the month (for example) and make a smartarse announcement in Zone chat; other players then check theirs to find its not been paid, and start complaining lol

Its based on the date which your payment was cleared by your financial institute, not a specific system chosen day.

My Lifetime stipend has been like clockwork.
Just checked the My Account page and it seems like that date is not shown there either - just how hard are they making it to keep track of this kind of information?

I've been a subscriber for 660 days - I'm not going to remember a single payment from 2 years ago - and that 660 days is not necessarily when the first payment was made.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:10 AM.