Starfleet Veteran
# 1 New Character Advice
11-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Hello, everyone!!

I am in the process of designing a character who will function a bit like James Bond--a Covert Operative who goes behind enemy lines to take out the latest threat to galactic safety--whatever or whoever it may be.

As such, I will not put them in a full-size Starship aside from Extremely Rare circumstances. Instead, I will put them in a Shuttle of some kind, kitted out and modified to function in a similar fashion to all the cars Bond is given by Q.

However, I have no idea which particular Shuttle I want them in, although I have narrowed it down to the Delta Flyer, Yellowstone Runabout, or Type-10 Shuttle.

So, I am hereby asking all of you--which of those three Shuttles would work best for the STO Equivalent of a Bond Car? Or, is there another Shuttle I'm overlooking which would work better?

I look forward to hearing what everyone thinks about this.

PS: Any advice on what outfits I should have for this character would be welcome, as well.
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 2
11-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Delta Flyer. Tom Paris would be proud.

As for outfits, either the tux, or the Section 31 gear. Or perhaps even the dress uniforms.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 3
11-22-2012, 08:52 PM
I recommend an Imperial Agent!

<--- is suddenly struck by force-lightning
I miss my _.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
11-22-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Delta Flyer. Tom Paris would be proud.

As for outfits, either the tux, or the Section 31 gear. Or perhaps even the dress uniforms.
Thanks.

And I have enough slots for both the tux and the S31 gear--although, since I might make this character a Female Version of Bond, I would go for the ballgown in that case instead of the tux.

"In the game of war, there are no clear rules you can follow." - Andrew Waltfeld
Captain
# 5
11-26-2012, 08:32 AM
I would also second a Delta Class shuttle, having used the same set up for one of my own characters, who spent much time as an intelligence agent, before settling into the command chair... If the character is to be a pretty much standalone operative, I would suggest keeping them at a relatively low rank, like Lieutenant Commander, so they don't attract attention while on board a ship or in a diplomatic situation
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
11-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
I would also second a Delta Class shuttle, having used the same set up for one of my own characters, who spent much time as an intelligence agent, before settling into the command chair... If the character is to be a pretty much standalone operative, I would suggest keeping them at a relatively low rank, like Lieutenant Commander, so they don't attract attention while on board a ship or in a diplomatic situation
Thanks.

That's sort of what I was planning on, though I was going to make her (and yes, I did make the character female) a Commander, mirroring James' British Navy Rank.

Also, I decided to give her the name June Bond, or simply June. And story-wise, she's going to be just as promiscuous as James, albeit slightly moreso, especially since she's Bisexual.

Captain
# 7
11-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi6 View Post
Thanks.

That's sort of what I was planning on, though I was going to make her (and yes, I did make the character female) a Commander, mirroring James' British Navy Rank.

Also, I decided to give her the name June Bond, or simply June. And story-wise, she's going to be just as promiscuous as James, albeit slightly moreso, especially since she's Bisexual.
How about Juno Bond, or Jaime Bond instead? A little less WWII, perhaps As for character sexuality, I'm sure Bond has had to 'take one for the team' in the course of his duties (Rupert Everett wanted to do a gay Bond about 15 years ago, it just never panned out... )

One thing to consider with regards the rank, is that going back historically with the British Navy ranks, a Lieutenant Commander was originally a Senior Lieutenant, who would be given command of a vessel (often returning a captured vessel to port) effectively a commander who was a lieutenant, and would be addressed as Captain, while on the deck of their ship

Are you going to base your character's description on Fleming's written descriptions of Bond,with the necessary feminizations?
Career Officer
# 8
11-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Of the ones listed, I'd go with the Flier. Of the ones not listed, maybe the one with the MES ability of the Fighter, but I don't think either would be fitting of a Bond car, in my opinion.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
11-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
How about Juno Bond, or Jaime Bond instead? A little less WWII, perhaps As for character sexuality, I'm sure Bond has had to 'take one for the team' in the course of his duties (Rupert Everett wanted to do a gay Bond about 15 years ago, it just never panned out... )

One thing to consider with regards the rank, is that going back historically with the British Navy ranks, a Lieutenant Commander was originally a Senior Lieutenant, who would be given command of a vessel (often returning a captured vessel to port) effectively a commander who was a lieutenant, and would be addressed as Captain, while on the deck of their ship

Are you going to base your character's description on Fleming's written descriptions of Bond,with the necessary feminizations?
Juno could work, and based on your info, Lieutenant Commander could work.

As for my character's description, I was actually going to base her looks more on a female Pierce Brosnan--he was my Favorite Bond from the Films.

Captain
# 10
11-26-2012, 06:49 PM
Delta Flyer. 21st century dress. S31 in another slot for when you need it. And maybe the FDC jacket if you ever get her to that rank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.