Ensign
# 21
11-21-2012, 03:18 PM
That wasn't it, its STILL been doing it alllll day today. I even re-ran the setup, and copied the 'Live' folder so as not to have to re-patch EVERYTHING, and it STILL FREAKING DOES THIS AND I CANNOT PLAY THE FRAGGIN' GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Xavier Corvin: Human/Vulcan Medical Doctor
Fleet: Military Assault Command Operations Academy
\\//_ <(-_-)> _\\//
Commander
# 22
11-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andromedarebel View Post
i cant load the STO launcher, it says 'trying to update the launcher, please be patient, tried connecting 2 times. then it says "unable to establish connection to Patch Server. please check your internet connection. if problems persist, please contact technical support", but my internets working fine, and its doing it to my friend too, what do i do? the launcher just wont work...
This. Its exactly what is happening to me.
Ensign
# 23
11-22-2012, 03:04 PM
This has been happening to me as well, i tried everything, i even downloaded the damn game /AGAIN/ and i still get it D:, Someone please help
Ensign
# 24
11-22-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
Same thing here. This is my surprised face.
Ensign
# 25
11-22-2012, 05:14 PM
EVERYONE WITH THIS PROBLEM PLEASE READ THIS POST:

Don't worry about getting new launchers, re-downloading the game, re-installing, just wait, I've been told by a 4 year veteran of the game this usually always happens when a new season is released.

As its Thanksgiving weekend, we're all screwed till atleast monday, but lets just wait it out and see what happens then, but till then I'm sure nothing will work, and your risking messing up your files, so please wait

Yes, this SUCKS and I hate it too...but theres not much we can do. Im in the central United States near St. Louis, and I have the same problem, so don't worry no one in your region was banned, its global, to random people it appears lol
Xavier Corvin: Human/Vulcan Medical Doctor
Fleet: Military Assault Command Operations Academy
\\//_ <(-_-)> _\\//
Rihannsu
# 26
11-22-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
Exact same here, I'm a freaking LTS why do I have to put up with this BullSh*t.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Commander
# 27
11-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snipe048 View Post
Exact same here, I'm a freaking LTS why do I have to put up with this BullSh*t.
Because launcher issues are equal opportunity. It doesn't matter if you're an LTS or a F2P, they affect equally.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
11-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the tip about connecting with the proxy enabled. That helped me - I was getting repeatedly disconnected after a few minutes of being logged in, and now things seem to be fine.
Rihannsu
# 29
11-25-2012, 08:46 PM
This garbage has been going on for over a week and still no Dev comments? This is BullShatner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Founder and Current XO of Gamma Strike Force
Ensign
# 30 New problem
11-26-2012, 11:00 AM
I have a new problem, well not so new actually, its been happening for weeks now. Ever since I reformatted my PC and reinstalled and patched the game, when the game crashes as often as it does for some of the rest of you, The launcher makes me repatch about 3gb of data before it will let me play again. If i interrupt the patching process, it wants me to patch twice what it was patching the first time.

It's like some data gets curropted everytime my game crashes and has to be replaced. It gets very annoying having to waid 30 mins to 2 hours for the launcher to repatch what I already have. I've tried to run the force verify but it never does anything. The only thing that seems to work is to just let it patch.

After it patches, it gets to the loading screen and crashes like for a lot of you. Then I have to start the process over again. It always go through on the third attempt though. Anyone know what I can do to remedy this repatching?