Lieutenant
Bridge Officers come in three types: Security, Science and Engineering.

My current ship is capped at 4, I think, and I can't get any more until I get a ship that can hold more. I have 2 science, 1 security and 1 engineer.

Reading ship descriptions I see lots that say "2 Security Officers, 1 Science, 1 Engineering". If I upgrade to a ship that has a different configuration of Bridge Officers than I currently have, will I have to let go one of my science officers and get a new security officer to balance out or what happens to my extra science officer?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

PS - I just tried this game and am really having fun with it!
Career Officer
# 2
11-22-2012, 09:58 AM
Bridge Officers are not locked to a ship. They go into a pool that you can pick and choose from. Case in point, my admiral level ships have varying positions of officers, but I actually have 15 officers to choose from.

So you can fly any ship you want. Obviously, if you get a ship with more officer stations than you have officers, you'll need to get some more. Other than that, and the rank, there's no restriction.
Captain
# 3
11-22-2012, 10:16 AM
As you rank up, you'll get more Commisioned Bridge Officers lots. More then enough to handle any ship that you'll. I think Silver accounts get 8 slots and Gold accounts get 10 slots. And you can buy more Bridge Officer slots from the C-Store.

Why have more Bridge Officer slots then your need? Well allows you to fly different ships if you like to do that. Or if you like to fly only one ship, more Bridge Officers (BOFFS) allows you to swap out different abilities for fighting different factions. It allow you to major swap out your space build anytime your are outside of combat.

And one last thing, you will be earning more Bridge Officers as your level up as mission reards and leveling rewards. Thse new Bridge Officers will improve in quality with rare abilities (that you can't get any other way) and Improved/Superior Traits. But never fear, every character has a roster of 12 Reserve officer slots (right side of the Stations window). do you can handle to BOFF rewards until you are ready for them.
Lieutenant
# 4
11-22-2012, 10:24 AM
Ah, that makes a bit more sense to me. I suppose I am just a bit hindered at this time because I don't have a lot of Bridge Officer slots in my pool.

Thanks for the info guys!
Ensign
# 5
11-22-2012, 10:17 PM
OK ... that "seems simple and logical", but when u have to sort it out always something is wrong, not working, can`t be done that way, or who knows what else ... asked some ppl who are playing much longer and still no 100% answer why is this happening and what to do ...

As always, picture is 1000 words worth so here it is :

http://www.gophoto.it/view.php?i=htt...g#.UK8SSOTLSVo

not playing for long, but even this much is enough to see - it`s a bit messed up ; BOFFS is one thing, when picking Starship Stations is something else BUT ... as ScrnShot shows, got better ship on my "young Klingon" tactical char, picked the one with 2 Tact Officers ofc and as u can see ---> that 2nd slot can`t be filled, same on Federation side ...

is it always like this? and if so - why ??? plain logic is kinda not there as it is ... at least I see it that way, more than messed up and for no reason imo.
Captain
# 6
11-22-2012, 10:26 PM
In your current situation. yes till have to decommsion one BOFF in order to get a second Tactical Officer. But you will get 2 more Bridge Officer slots when your gain your next rank. And/or your can buy slots from the C-Store.
Captain
# 7
11-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
In your current situation. yes till have to decommsion one BOFF in order to get a second Tactical Officer. But you will get 2 more Bridge Officer slots when your gain your next rank. And/or your can buy slots from the C-Store.
Note free players don't get more than 5 BOff slots total without going gold at some point or buying extra slots from the C-Store.
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----
Ensign
# 8
11-23-2012, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfuzun View Post
we`ll see, we`ll see ... thx. still at lvl 28 and 26 so no idea what comes after that, but I can try and sack one Sci Off. if 2nd Tact will be available then ... if even that works .
Ensign
# 9
11-23-2012, 05:57 AM
lol, sure it WILL WORK ... u bet !

removed ONE Sci.Officer to get that 2nd Eng. spot (on my Federation char) ---> and now I have ONE Officer TOTAL, can`t pick / assign any other ... WICKED! rly nice and simple, impressed tbh

and no, relog is not doing anything ... think I am done with this game tbh, with all those simple things - enjoy.
Ensign
# 10 Bridge stations
11-23-2012, 08:07 AM
I have a noob question relating to my BO's but not allowed to start a thread? anyway i cant assign my tac or science officers into my stations and from reading it would seem its because ive ranked them up and the stations are for ensigns, BUT, i have an engineer in an ensign slot no prob who is lt rank? and on other parts of the forum ppl say u can put higher ranks into low rank slots you'll just lose access to the higher rank space ability. Now here is my question, if you get access to your officers abilities in space by putting them in stations, why is it i can use my BO's unlocked abilities in space who aren't even in a station at all and why can i assign a lt engineer into an ensign slot but not my lt tac or science officer into an ensign slot as well?

Please help lol

Last edited by l2veyron; 11-23-2012 at 08:12 AM.