Lt. Commander
# 1 Disabled in space mechanic
11-23-2012, 03:16 AM
Dear Dev Team,

I'd like to expand on an idea that has been thrown around already:

as exploding and respawning fundamentally breaks immersion, please give us the disabled in space mechanic. Please make us slowly drift through space helplessly when our hull hits zero and respectively a new ability to resurrect disabled ships. Something like "emergency repair team" or "warp core breach containment team", which is not an additional boff power but is instead available at all times to all players, same as resurrection works on ground. Being disabled could start a counter until core breach, which would eventually happen if not helped out by a different player. There could even be a mini game to reinstate core containment for times when other players are not around. Being disabled could leave the option open to abandon ship & self destruct or even call for fleet support which might also throw the resurrecting power at the player.

Please consider this or a similar mechanic. Thnx.

Last edited by grievas; 11-23-2012 at 04:02 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-23-2012, 03:48 AM
Love it!

You 'die' and are 'punished' by a warp core containment minigame, for 30 seconds, you complete it, you are are back online. Or others help you with heals, or skills and you are back faster.

You fail at the minigame? respawn instantly as usual, or: you can't fail. If you play well, you are back online after 20 seconds, you play bad or not at all, you are back online in 40 seconds.

I as science healer, could still heal 'dead' ships if I missed them and help them get back on their feet.

Much more realistic and also much more fun.
Rihannsu
# 3
11-23-2012, 03:51 AM
Very good idea!

Join the premiere Romulan community now!
Lieutenant
# 4
11-23-2012, 05:25 AM
They would problem add a "equipment or system" loss, your "rare/very rare part" was destroyed. And then in the C- store they would sale you, a instant repair for 10,000 Zen.

Last edited by sniper1187; 11-23-2012 at 05:29 AM.
Lieutenant
# 5
11-23-2012, 05:53 AM
I love this Idea,

Back before PWE this issue / suggestion was brough up on the forums and i think the idea just died...

It would add a lot to space gameplay if you could become disabled before death for say...10 seconds, giving another team mate a chance to heal you....

using the abandon ship power subsequently should counter the disabled function and blow your ship up as it is intended to.

I mean myself and im sure a lot more would love to be able to help their team mates from blowing up.
Lt. Commander
# 6
11-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Amazing idea indeed, i totally support it!
Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"
Captain
# 7
11-23-2012, 08:48 AM
Help me learn more about the idea. The above seems to work when other players are nearby, right?

But ... I'm playing solo in an instance and get trounced for whatever reason. My hull is down to zero but I'm alone and surrounded ...

Here, is it a case of "too bad" and the existing mechanic is in place: blow up, respawn, try again or get out.

Correct?
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 8
11-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
Help me learn more about the idea. The above seems to work when other players are nearby, right?

But ... I'm playing solo in an instance and get trounced for whatever reason. My hull is down to zero but I'm alone and surrounded ...

Here, is it a case of "too bad" and the existing mechanic is in place: blow up, respawn, try again or get out.

Correct?
The idea is for team gameplay maps with 2 or more players, when soloing it fall back to the current basic die and respawn mechanic.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Lt. Commander
# 9
11-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post

Correct?
not necessarily, here the mini-game idea could kick in and instead of abandoning your ship, you try to restore core containment, or temporarily reroute life support to structural integrity. If you succeed, you'd get a little of your hull and shields back, and better keep evasive manoeuvres and some boff heals handy.

If you don't succeed in the mini-game you still might blow up or abandon ship (and also blow it up) and then respawn i guess. Or alternately you just could get a critical wound and then try again.

Of course the "wounds" you currently get for blowing up, you'd get every time the ship is disabled.