Captain
# 21
11-23-2012, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Except the refit isnt canon. The canon Post-Nemesis Sovereign (as far as we know right now) is identical to the Sovereign depicted in Nemesis... and that is the Sovereign on which I based my specs. Realistically... the Sovereigns overall dimensions (width, beam and length-wise) did not likely change, but Nemesis establishes that the Sovereign-class has 29 decks in some fashion, and those are the specs I used.

So when I say Post-Nemesis Sovereign... I dont mean the refit that John Eaves had planned if the Big-E got to fly again, I mean the Sovereign as it existed in Nemesis and after as we know it. And the one in game does appear to be the Nemesis Sovereign.
Off topic here: The sovereign in sto is no where near the nemesis E as seen in the movie. Its more First Contact/Insurrection sovereign class. Yes the nemesis had is dimension changed among other things. Its shorter then the original but taller to plus the add decks up to 29 or they could have changed the numbering system. And yes we would have been treated to the full complete refit of the Big E but due to budget cuts it never made it but pictures on the net exist.

Back to topic: from what I have seen with my own eyes is that the regent looks shorter than the sovereign class but has a wider saucer and seems to be a bit longer too.
Captain
# 22
11-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
You don't know why I'm bringing up my Frontier? Because the Regent was based off it?

And "The Regent will never have 30 decks", yet the Sovereign (with the Nemesis refit) has 29 decks. Without definitive dimensions, what you say is just guestimation. Which is why I'm asking Cryptic for the dimensions, so I have 100% accuracy.

Look, I'm actually trying to do something positive here and just want some simple dimensions. All I ask from Cryptic is just 3 sets of numbers, that's it.
Do you have any sort of proof that the Regent was based off of your ship? Did Cryptic say it was? No? Just your assumption? Oh good... I can ignore that then. Perhaps.... just maybe... the Regent was based off of this design sketch done for First Contact by the guy who designed the actual Enterprise-E:

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File...ign_sketch.jpg

Dont make assumptions that you cant prove.

The Regent will never have 30 decks because it is shorter than the Sovereign. You cant cram more decks into less physical space without shrinking the deck size.

As far as asking Cryptic for the numbers, you probably wont get them. You can live with guesstimates (heck you dont even have to use mine, you can do your own), or you can live with nothing.
Career Officer
# 23
11-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Do you have any sort of proof that the Regent was based off of your ship? Did Cryptic say it was? No? Just your assumption? Oh good... I can ignore that then. Perhaps.... just maybe... the Regent was based off of this design sketch done for First Contact by the guy who designed the actual Enterprise-E:

Dont make assumptions that you cant prove.
You're the one whose making assumptions, k thx.

To ask someone to post legal documentation on the internet is just asking to get sued. So if the entry itself isn't convincing then I'm just not going to try to convince you. But even if you don't believe that Cryptic tweeked my design and turned it into the Regent, the goal of this thread still stands in a simple request for the Regent's dimensions to make an accurate MSD. One that would save Cryptic's art team time to create.

And BTW, there is zero resemblence with the Enterprise-E concept except the "Turkey Wings". Which they purposely brought back because fans wanted it.

Last edited by azurianstar; 11-24-2012 at 07:41 PM.
Captain
# 24
11-24-2012, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
You're the one whose making assumptions, k thx.

To ask someone to post legal documentation on the internet is just asking to get sued. So if the entry itself isn't convincing then I'm just not going to try to convince you. But even if you don't believe that Cryptic tweeked my design and turned it into the Regent, the goal of this thread still stands in a simple request for the Regent's dimensions to make an accurate MSD. One that would save Cryptic's art team time to create.

And BTW, there is zero resemblence with the Enterprise-E concept except the "Turkey Wings". Which they purposely brought back because fans wanted it.
I only theorized that the Regent was designed from the design sketches, and it may not be. But the only person Ive seen say that your Frontier was tweaked to become the Regent is you... But its particularly ludacris to state that the ship shown in these pictures:

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=639671

or

http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=633171

has "zero resemblance" to this:

There's a lot more resemblance to the design sketch than there is to your Frontier. (Although this could have more to do with the fact that your entry looks like it was done in MSPaint... (and honestly if it was, youve done something better in MSPaint than I ever could)) But even having looked at the Mk II Frontier, I still see more resemblance to the First Contact design sketch. (In fact I seem more resemblance to an Excelsior than the Regent in the Frontier...)

I also saw no fans wanting forward swept nacelles before the Regent came out (admittedly I didnt look so this one is possible).

I dont know how you would get sued for confirming/providing proof that Cryptic did tweak your entry. But as I understood the rules of the DTNE contest, all entries became property of Cryptic (so calling it yours, would technically be incorrect), and they didnt have to acknowledge a the use of other entries for any other purpose, nor would there have had to have been a need for Cryptic to send you legal documentation. (Ironically Im not asking for that either... a PM from JamJamz to you stating he used portions of your entry would be perfect). I wish I could find a copy of the DTNE rules... but the site that had them is gone, presumably lost in the site switch over to PWE.

Also, I dont imagine that the Cryptic art team even has a Regent-class MSD planned. I'd wager that MSDs arent high on their list in the first place. And even if you did create an accurate one... they couldnt use it anyway. (For much the same reason that they cant use player designed ships.)
Career Officer
# 25
11-25-2012, 02:18 PM
At this point I'm not sure if you're trolling me or not.

Quote:
I also saw no fans wanting forward swept nacelles before the Regent came out
You obviously wasn't listening. If it wasn't for the "Archieved Posts", I'd say go visit the Sovereign Refit threads prior to the Regent's appearance. It was mentioned a few times.

Quote:
I dont know how you would get sued for confirming/providing proof that Cryptic did tweak your entry.
You DON'T post legal documentation online, period.

Quote:
all entries became property of Cryptic (so calling it yours, would technically be incorrect), and they didnt have to acknowledge a the use of other entries for any other purpose, nor would there have had to have been a need for Cryptic to send you legal documentation. (Ironically Im not asking for that either... a PM from JamJamz to you stating he used portions of your entry would be perfect). I wish I could find a copy of the DTNE rules... but the site that had them is gone, presumably lost in the site switch over to PWE.
Yes, the design is legally Cryptic's, and I'm not aruging that by any measure. But to say I have no rights as creator, because Cryptic altered it, is illogical thinking. You easy forget that Cryptic publically admitted they altered Adam Ihle's Odyssey so the STO Odyssey could be made. And he's still given full credit as creator, not Capnlogan. So therefore other DTNE designs and their designers should also get equal rights in acknowledgement.

Quote:
There's a lot more resemblance to the design sketch than there is to your Frontier. (Although this could have more to do with the fact that your entry looks like it was done in MSPaint... (and honestly if it was, youve done something better in MSPaint than I ever could)) But even having looked at the Mk II Frontier, I still see more resemblance to the First Contact design sketch. (In fact I seem more resemblance to an Excelsior than the Regent in the Frontier...)
No, it was originally drawn on AutoCAD, a Engineering / Architecture Design program. Just that the conversion from the Drawing file to JPG Format lost tons of detail while on the Internet.

Fore and Aft
Dorsal
Ventral

Even though you are pretty adminant in not seeing any resembleance between the Regent and the Frontier, what I'm about to say will surely not convince you. But I will try.

Similar Traits:
  • Quad Torpedo Tubes
  • Saucer Deflector replaced with "tubes".
  • Windows under the Frontier Saucer Deflector made it's way into the Regent as a lower deck of the saucer, but yet looking from the front you see the Saucer bends upwards to show the lower deck.
  • Saucer is the same (from front and sides), and rim also has the same 3-deck layer window. (Saucer from the top retained the Ovid shape, while the Froniter was reverting back to a semi-cirucular). Above view you can see the Frontier's Saucer deflector was retained in the body shape.
  • Decks 1, 2, 3, and 4 are very similar. Only difference is the Regent has a spine running down the center from the bridge to the shuttlebay. But the escape pods on the command bridge and Deck 4 were retained.
  • The Impulse Engines are similar in design, except raised one deck higher, while the Frontier's was along the saucer centerline.
  • Pylons are simlar in bend.
  • The Bussard Collector is very similar in scope with the enlarged red cover.Lighted Ventral Saucer Dome (while the Odyssey had this trait, so did the Frontier, if you look at the end of the neck under the saucer).
  • Also from the side, you see that the front of the engineering section is nearly 100% identical.
  • Similary sloped back (from the side), only that they cleverly made a negative space (which I personally didn't think of).
  • Tail Shuttle Bay (While mine was a cargo bay and the shuttle bay was a deck under the tail).
  • And of course the side of the Engineering Section has an extension that runs to the pylons, like I have in the Frontier.
Of course JamJamz really made some nice improvements that really made her a transition from Sovereign to Odyssey. Added the Sovereign Concept's Turkey Wing. (Though personally liked to seen an option for a swept-back pylon design). So his twist really made her better than my original entry.

Now again, if you don't see those similarities, nothing I can say will convince you. And whatever you say isn't going to discourage me from continuing make a bridget set (which is done in sketches) and an MSD.