Lt. Commander
# 41
11-23-2012, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxadrill View Post
Same here. No more Zen purchases for me until I get an explanation of the why the cost of Zen for non-US players is higher for less actual Zen.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...71&postcount=8

Thats a Vesta pack and perhaps a few fleet doff packs that they wont be selling to me. I really want the Vesta but I'm not getting ripped off for it.
Plain simple : Conversion and transfer costs that are charged to PW for Euro's by their banks is already calculated in the amount of Zen you'll get for your Euros. BTW, it's not only PW/Cryptic that is handling this, but it should/might be mentioned on their site.
Career Officer
# 42
11-23-2012, 03:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkabledori View Post
Plain simple : Conversion and transfer costs that are charged to PW for Euro's by their banks is already calculated in the amount of Zen you'll get for your Euros. BTW, it's not only PW/Cryptic that is handling this, but it should/might be mentioned on their site.
The reason that's bull, is because subscription prices are normalised across the board. There is no reason why we in Europe should be paying nearly $10 USD more, for less.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Career Officer
# 43
11-23-2012, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkabledori View Post
I would accept that as an explanation if it were not for the fact that:

A) we are being charged far more than the exchange value for currency conversion from 50 USD to a euro equivelent (currently 38 Euros)

B) we actually getLESSZen. If its a transactional charge then why give less Zen? A transactional charge should be levied in the cost, not in the goods being purchased.

C) I'm in England, we dont use Euro's.

Converting it back the other way we are being charged over $7 more than US Gamers for even LESS Zen?

I need an explanation from Cryptic/PWE for this.
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster attitude upgrade - Installed *
Career Officer
# 44
11-23-2012, 03:36 AM
Quote:
C) I'm in England, we dont use Euro's.

This also, I'm in Scotland. The UK doesn't have the Euro.
Career Officer
# 45
11-23-2012, 03:42 AM
Yeah I am going to hold off buying anything until we get an explanation why we in the euro, are getting less for more than the US.

This is a recent change as a couple of weeks ago it was 5000 zen for 44.99 euros.....
Career Officer
# 46
11-23-2012, 04:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkenzedd View Post
Yeah I am going to hold off buying anything until we get an explanation why we in the euro, are getting less for more than the US.

This is a recent change as a couple of weeks ago it was 5000 zen for 44.99 euros.....
Indeed, it was only changed within the last two weeks.
Survivor of Romulus
# 47
11-23-2012, 04:07 AM
I don't want to leave the impression of acting smart, probably most of you guys have gone through this already, just wanted to share in relation to the euro-zen transfer rate that everyone is talking about.
I live in Europe, but when I buy anything for STO from the PWE site, I use dollars as currency, maybe you should try that if you haven't alrerady. Last time I did that was just a few days ago (before the 15% sale d'oh!) and so far I was never charged more or received less zen. Payed 20$,got 2000 Z.
Just trying to help, don't really know what the problem is all about because I never encountered it. Cheers!
Career Officer
# 48
11-23-2012, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
I don't want to leave the impression of acting smart, probably most of you guys have gone through this already, just wanted to share in relation to the euro-zen transfer rate that everyone is talking about.
I live in Europe, but when I buy anything for STO from the PWE site, I use dollars as currency, maybe you should try that if you haven't alrerady. Last time I did that was just a few days ago (before the 15% sale d'oh!) and so far I was never charged more or received less zen. Payed 20$,got 2000 Z.
Just trying to help, don't really know what the problem is all about because I never encountered it. Cheers!
How did you do that? I don't see any option to change the currency, it always goes to the Euro priced page.
Career Officer
# 49
11-23-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
I'd love too but I dont see an option to change currency. The payment page always plonks me in Europe and all it offers is Euros. I'll take another look though in case theres an option to change that I've missed. Appreciate the help too. Thinking on are you still using a Cryptic Acccount or a PWE linked account? It might still be possible to buy using USD on the Cryptic accounts.

The discrepancy, however, still needs an explanation from PWE/Cryptic.
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster attitude upgrade - Installed *
Ensign
# 50
11-23-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
I'd love too but I dont see an option to change currency. The payment page always plonks me in Europe and all it offers is Euros. I'll take another look though in case theres an option to change that I've missed. Appreciate the help too. Thinking on are you still using a Cryptic Acccount or a PWE linked account? It might still be possible to buy using USD on the Cryptic accounts.

The discrepancy, however, still needs an explanation from PWE/Cryptic.
I'm from europe
For me, the price is always in dollars

Payment Gateway: Moneybookers
Product: 6050 ZEN
Amount Paid: 50 USD
Closed Thread