Empire Veteran
# 1 Latinum?
11-22-2012, 07:10 PM
What am I suppose to do with latimun other than purchase the same thing that was there at launch?
Was there not suppose to be more stuff?
The day that "Lobi" came out, didn't a dev pop on and ask us what we could add to the Latinum store?
Is Latinum just another useless currency?
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 2
11-22-2012, 07:17 PM
There are some DOFF assignments that require it, too. Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by October Ask Cryptic;
Q: (njsjedi) What is a Captain to do with all this GPL we have got left over from Christmas?

Dstahl: Rumor has it that the Ferengi have been negotiating some deals that will offer some new items for GPL this holiday.?

Side-note: this month's Ask Cryptic should be out tomorrow.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Career Officer
# 3
11-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Side-note: this month's Ask Cryptic should be out tomorrow.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Nice. Posting from home I take it?
Empire Veteran
# 4
11-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
no. talking to us is the only family the guy needs.

BTW; thank you.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 5
11-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk View Post
Yep! I'm down in SoCal visiting the family.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Republic Veteran
# 6
11-22-2012, 09:01 PM
It would indeed be nice to be able to get more out of GPL than just trophies. As it is, I see no reason other than complete boredom to sit there and essentially convert my ec into the stuff. I do it on occasion when I have nothing better to do besides read chat while at ds9. Maybe some ferengi-like pets or the like. Even if they were just things that added a bit of pointless fun to the game, I would go for that.
# 7
11-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Maybe a rare GPL=Lobi crystal doff assignment might make GPL actually worth something in the game. Or perhaps we'll see a new sector that has ferenginar in it where you can't buy anything without GPL.

Maybe add more trade assignments that require GPL to convert into commodities. I'm just shooting off ideas here.
Captain
# 8
11-23-2012, 01:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stofsk View Post
Maybe a rare GPL=Lobi crystal doff assignment might make GPL actually worth something in the game. Or perhaps we'll see a new sector that has ferenginar in it where you can't buy anything without GPL.

Maybe add more trade assignments that require GPL to convert into commodities. I'm just shooting off ideas here.
Both good ideas imho.

Any Merchant within the "Ferengi Alliance" area of space, would only accept Energy Credits or Gold-Pressed Latinum. If they ever do add a "3rd faction" to the game, i'd rather see Ferengi become more useful, to the point of allowing players to become "Freelancer" of sorts; Traders, Arms Dealers etc.

Also, for your suggestion of GPL -> Lobi, i'd see this as a possible conversion rate:

1000 GPL = 1-2 Lobi Crystals (Critical Success would often reward 2 Crystals, possibly higher)
Republic Veteran
# 9
11-23-2012, 08:22 AM
Man, I wish I could buy a small moon with my latinum.
I'd been rewatching the shows, and the way they talk about an amount as meager as 50 bars, like it's a helluva lot of money, makes me think that I must be filthy stinkin' rich, sitting on several thousand bars myself.
So yeah, small moon. That would be something.
Or maybe some kind of neat conversion rate between Lobi and latinum. Like maybe something along the lines of 5 bars equaling 1 crystal.
Ironic, because if I remember correctly, Lobi crystals were essentially worthless gem stones in the series, and now, they can get you starships. Whereas latinum is practically useless outside a neglected store and a handful of DOff missions.
Formerly GT-01. Runnin' a small lite-RP casual fleet called "The Voyagers"! Message me in-game at either Salen@GT01 or Xavok@GT01 if yer interested.
Here's my neat Idea's Thread.