Captain
# 41
11-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Nope, its there by choice. I plan to use the Sci/B'rel in Ker'rat and its use of weapons is secondary to its use of CC/Healing so I figured Mines with DpB1.
It'll be cheesy, but I plan to only use this build to counter Ker'rat cheese when it appears.
I thought mines could only be put on the aft? Did that change recently?
Empire Veteran
# 42
11-13-2012, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
I thought mines could only be put on the aft? Did that change recently?
I never tried before, haven't had much use for mines until recently. So if thats the case I can always swap them out for something else.

Still this is not a seriuos build and is designed to just be a healer/CC for Ker'rat when things get all "feddie" for the KDF.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Captain
# 43
11-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I never tried before, haven't had much use for mines until recently. So if thats the case I can always swap them out for something else.

Still this is not a seriuos build and is designed to just be a healer/CC for Ker'rat when things get all "feddie" for the KDF.
I think my only question for your heal build is whether or not healing decloaks you for the duration of the activated ability, or if it totally decloaks you and puts your cloak on a 15 second cooldown.
Lieutenant
# 44
11-14-2012, 01:25 PM
One-offs like tac team, engi team, sci team, and aux to tructural all just decloak you for three seconds like most other powers. Duration powers like tss and haz reveal you for three seconds but do not disable the cloak and put it on cooldown. Using these powers on yourself do not reveal you howevr, and I believe that

More offensive powers like tbr, tractor beam, eject plasma, and feedback reveal you for the duration. They all leave you visible while it is activated but without shields as your cloak is not disabled. Risky, but doable.

I do tend to reccommend using as many one-off abilities as you can manage for your particular build though. I like using CC abilities like grav well, scramble, tykens, and photonic shockwav if you want a little punch.

Scramble is handy in kerrat especially as so many people rely on automatic targeting and macros. it helps against that initial spawn-raep.

--------edit

Oh, I forgot to mention. Endurance heals like tss and hazards do NOT reveal you at all if you are using them on yourself. They used to but that was changed several patches ago.

Last edited by espiritas; 11-14-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Captain
# 45
11-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Engineering Team, Tactical Team, and Aux2SIF do not decloak you.

Even with a standard Cloak, it doesn't decloak you.
Lieutenant
# 46
11-15-2012, 01:15 PM
They do if you send them to another player. When using them on yourself, you are correct, they do not.
Captain
# 47
11-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by espiritas View Post
They do if you send them to another player. When using them on yourself, you are correct, they do not.
Good to know. I never noticed that before.
Lieutenant
# 48
11-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Happy to help. it is still my fervent dream to see B'rel premades terrorising the feddies with clouds of torpedoes and grav wells and other fun goodies....

One day... *sniff* ... One day. ^_^
Captain
# 49
11-20-2012, 08:55 AM
There are 2 (including myself) B'rel torp boats in our Klingon fleet. A 3rd soon.

Gimme your @ handle and we'll fly with you one of these days.
Lieutenant
# 50
11-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Sounds like a gleeful ol' time! the toon is sasvanti@Dominik-Caine.
---------------
We are many. We are legion. We are the proud, the bad, the infinitely expendable.
We! Are RED SHIRTS!
...Tremble in thy footwear.
528th fleet