Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 845
# 21
11-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderleeta View Post
It's an issue of distance. I've confirmed this in multiple Foundry missions. If you move a certain distance away from NPCs (allies, enemies, or contacts) they simply disappear. This is especially obvious in space battle missions. Fly a little ways off and everyone disappears. Try it. It's happened in every Foundry mission I've played today.
If what you say is true, I bet this has something to do with the new ability to despawn enemies and NPCs. Before they couldn't be hidden, so they were never hidden. Now they are hidden automatically by the engine at a certain distance.


Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.

Last edited by nagorak; 11-22-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,054
# 22
11-23-2012, 09:58 AM
Everyone of my missions is borked. "The Needs of the Few" is completely broken. This is really making me hesitate about pressing that submit button. Every single season, something like this happens, sometimes not as bad, but always requiring an edit to fix.

At this point, I'd almost like to ask Cryptic to just leave the Foundry alone. They aren't adding anything to it, beyond a few minor things here and there. Mostly, they mess up what is working.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,136
# 23
11-23-2012, 10:56 AM
Is editing still turned off ? I can't get back in to edit missions I've been working on.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 24
11-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Everyone of my missions is borked. "The Needs of the Few" is completely broken. This is really making me hesitate about pressing that submit button. Every single season, something like this happens, sometimes not as bad, but always requiring an edit to fix.
As I previously mentioned in this thread, if an author reports that there is an issue with their spotlighted mission, we'll look at it on a "case-by-case" basis. I'll be managing the in-game spotlighted missions list, so I'm inclined not to leave a mission up that can not be completed At that point, I'd most likely remove it from being spotlighted and then we'd look at how it could be remedied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Is editing still turned off ? I can't get back in to edit missions I've been working on.
Yes -- we hope to have it back up next week, and then reviewing after that.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 20
# 25
11-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Brandon, any word on a fix for the disappearing NPCs in Foundry missions? No amount of editing by us authors is going to fix the missions if this bug isn't squashed by the devs.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,046
# 26
11-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderleeta View Post
Brandon, any word on a fix for the disappearing NPCs in Foundry missions? No amount of editing by us authors is going to fix the missions if this bug isn't squashed by the devs.
I passed the info along yesterday, but we're out for the holiday. We'll begin investigating as soon as we are back in the office.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,984
# 27
11-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commanderleeta View Post
Brandon, any word on a fix for the disappearing NPCs in Foundry missions? No amount of editing by us authors is going to fix the missions if this bug isn't squashed by the devs.
I would assume that once they find the bug on the back end and push a fix, the problem will be solved for all missions. But yeah, holiday...
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 522
# 28
11-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Adding the patrol functionality was bound to have have side-effects since it's a fairly substantial amount of code.

The NPC problem existed before Season 7. It was pretty uncommon but it did crop up now and again; especially on the more complicated maps. The frequency is just much higher now.

The ability to set patrol routes is a real boon though so I am content enough on that score to give it a chance. Foundry still needs a lot of attention but this is a good step forward.

Last edited by ajstoner; 11-23-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,583
# 29
11-23-2012, 12:11 PM
I was going to post another thread to ask this, but it might be better just to ask here since it is idle discussion.

I'm curious to know whether I as a foundry player would see more 3 part missions or trilogy collections that both offer a decent mission or story arc while still satisfying the new officer reports daily criteria.

I appreciate the work people put into foundry content (it's the only worthwhile end game content as far as I'm concerned) but on some days I would be happy to just play a single mission in 3 parts that last 50 mins or so.

As it stands we have plenty of single missions, lots of series missions and stories that seem to be anything from 2 parts to 6.

This isn't a request, just curious to know if anyone has plans to do things that take advantage of the new daily criteria really.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,984
# 30
11-23-2012, 01:41 PM
They took patrols out Stoner. Apparently they weren't working right. Hopefully they'll get it working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupaholic View Post
I was going to post another thread to ask this, but it might be better just to ask here since it is idle discussion.

I'm curious to know whether I as a foundry player would see more 3 part missions or trilogy collections that both offer a decent mission or story arc while still satisfying the new officer reports daily criteria.

I appreciate the work people put into foundry content (it's the only worthwhile end game content as far as I'm concerned) but on some days I would be happy to just play a single mission in 3 parts that last 50 mins or so.

As it stands we have plenty of single missions, lots of series missions and stories that seem to be anything from 2 parts to 6.

This isn't a request, just curious to know if anyone has plans to do things that take advantage of the new daily criteria really.
I think you might see more of this.

I have made a three-part KDF series (see my sig), which can be played in any order. Unfortunately right now one of them doesn't qualify. Quite annoying, it may be that the people playing it have averaged it in under 20 minutes, might have to add a map or something to slow it down slightly.

Obviously my 5-part "Dissent" series would qualify, though I do hope people play the last two. And I do plan to add a two-part sequel to my Mirror Universe mission "Over There," so that would be one that would work.

And thank you coupaholic, you are the kind of person we make these missions for.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:05 AM.