Career Officer
# 51
11-22-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdoxy View Post
I think its actually more funny folks are still shocked these projects cost 200K.

Just get used to it by now.

Spoiler Alert we're due for another lockbox too. So make sure you act shocked when that shows up too.
Yassah baws! Isa gon takes whatevah massah give's me! I dunno what the fuss be 'bout, coz' massah Cryptic treats us a' real goood!!!!!!

Yeah - it's just like telling the battered wife "Hey - you know he's going to beat you, so quit complaining! Don't be so shocked!"
Lt. Commander
# 52
11-22-2012, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehjonel View Post
if this costs 200,000 dilithium too, i'm going to flip this table over.
(Where's that table...?)
Career Officer
# 53
11-22-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post
I'm a little shocked to read about large (100+ member) fleets having trouble coming up with a few hundred thousand dilithium.
If you think that's bad, feel for those in smaller fleets. Think the FED fleet I'm in has like, 15 members, and half of them (myself currently included) don't play much, if at all any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
I think it's safe to say that most of us have seen it, though (as I've mentioned) that update doesn't cover the one big thing that is bothering me about season 7; the duty officer exchange prices. End Result (after all the exchanging) works out at around 30,000 dilithium just for a single purple duty officer which might turn out to be a Bartender or Chef. The joke is on us.
Career Officer
# 54
11-22-2012, 05:43 PM
Funny

I named our Nanovs, the middle one was named Snuffles, she aggroed me

http://postimage.org/image/cr6ev1qu9/

I had to put it down. Please refund us 66,666 dilithium. Thanks.

http://postimage.org/image/phppok5qt/
Captain
# 55
11-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
If I'm not mistaken, all the Featured projects for the Embassy were completed several weeks ago, if not longer. These were already developed and will come out every-other week until they go into "re-runs" for fleets that didn't have a chance/ want to do a project the first time around. The team is working on the issues you described and will continue to do so, even while developing new content.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
so in addition to the actual fleet base and all its dilithium costs, you expect fleets to be able to pony up an extra 200k every other week if they want their embassy to have all the stuff too?

thats a bit much. why arent these projects at a reduced cost like all the other embassy projects?

i would mention something about how pvp could use some new maps but... i have a feeling it would be on deaf ears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Career Officer
# 56
11-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Yeah, I've given up on all of these things. It's just depressing how much Dilithium everything needs. I'm the only active member in my fleet, I can't afford it all any more.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Rihannsu
# 57
11-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaku View Post
I'm a little shocked to read about large (100+ member) fleets having trouble coming up with a few hundred thousand dilithium.

Now, don't get me wrong, I won't complain a peep if the devs decide to lower the dilithium cost on projects. However, my own fleet - which has about a dozen active members - has had no problem competing all of the optionals. We still have plenty of dilithium left over (one of our members bought a Regent recently with dilithium he saved up and converted to Zen).

A 100 member fleet is looking at 2,000 dilithium per member to complete an optional. A 300 member fleet like the one described earlier is looking at less than 700 per member.

If my little bitty fleet can carry a distributed load of 16,000+ per member for the optional, I just don't understand why coughing up 2,000 or less is a problem.

Help me understand the problem here... because I don't see how a couple hundred thousand dilithium is out of line for a project like this. Is it just because the majority of fleet members aren't contributing dilithium? If so that seems more like a fleet management challenge than a problem with the pricing.
I agree. Most of the people complaining about the cost strike me as people who want it for free.... which defeats the purpose of it being a special project.

It's a fun extra for peeps who do have the cash.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 58
11-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
It's a status symbol for peeps who do have the cash.
Fixed that for you.
Republic Veteran
# 59
11-27-2012, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
Yassah baws! Isa gon takes whatevah massah give's me! I dunno what the fuss be 'bout, coz' massah Cryptic treats us a' real goood!!!!!!

Yeah - it's just like telling the battered wife "Hey - you know he's going to beat you, so quit complaining! Don't be so shocked!"
She and the customer can both leave.

Lt. Commander
# 60
11-27-2012, 10:15 AM
We have embassies? Oh, that's nice *carries on ignoring them utterly*